2nd sense audio Wiggle or sugar bytes cyclop?

Discuss VST stuff here!
scratchnsnifff

26 May 2017

Very excited for next week and I have two vsts in my sights one is called wiggle by 2nd sense audio it is a FM synth where you draw the waveforms (reminds me of an Oberon oscillator) buy one cool thing you can do with it is modulate parts of the oscillator and have it move/wiggle in real time, also the custom phase distortion seems like it'd be handy for dubstep

Now sugar bytes, even though I never liked their rack extensions. They have some great products (sksim said so :D) their synth called cyclop I believe is a mono synth but has a ridiculous amount of modulation and what struck my eye is the sequencer, it's like it includes the vst version of some of their "tornado" products which were the ones ported to RE, I saw a video and it seems like it'd be fun making glitch hop sequences,

I suppose in time il try getting both I guess my question is which one first? Does anyone have either and if so what are your favorite features? Any insight is welcome

Mayor of plucktown :evil:

tibah

26 May 2017

I'm somewhat of a Sugar Bytes fan, so call me biased.

Wiggle is a great synth that deserves way more attention, but certainly some cool ideas and concepts don't work that well in plug-in land.

As far as Cyclop goes, yes it is kinda like Effectrix, Looperator built into it as well, like a mini version. Egoist has that one too, but is more of a 3-in-1, drum, bass, slicer thingie.

My main used Sugar Bytes products are Factory and Looperator. Factory is kinda the polyphonic evolution from Cyclop with some unique aspects to it and it quickly became my main synth since it's a lot of fun and Looperator is the last evolution of Sugar Bytes realm of multi-effect mangling things, like Effectrix, Artillery and Turnado are. Combine them both for endless possibilities.

They also have at least 2-3 50% sales a year so you can easily pick up some more. ;) Or hunt KVR market for a cheap 2nd hand license, also usually sold at the 50% off mark. Only includes a fee to transfer a license and they don't get NFR.

platzangst

27 May 2017

Apropos of nothing, but I'd like to thank this topic for reminding me that I own Cyclop.

Native Instruments had some kind of partnership deal/sale with SB and I had the chance to order it for half price, like last year, and on impulse I went for it - then never installed it. Thought about it a couple times and just never opened up the installer file. You know how it is, when you do most of your work in Reason, and it's a pain to coordinate getting that VST track from your other DAW to Reason - oh wait, not any more. Time to finally install the thing.

LarsK

27 May 2017

Wiggle did crash for me (on other hosts) a few more times than other VSTi's, but is by far the most fun I've had with a soft synth.

• Information