Antares Harmony engine and Nektar 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
Pralijah

23 May 2017

When finally came across something that I find is lacking in Reason environment, then on Mac 1) Is VST 3 and 2) Requires midi-cross talk between the DAW and VST. Neither is supported yet in Reason´s first 9.5 version. I hope for R10 with at least midi-support with VST´s.

Same goes with the Izotope Nektar 2 which has both harmonizer and pitch corrector inbuilt.

Anyone has any experience of the harmony function of both Nektar 2 and Antares Harmony engine.

Alternative would be if PH themselves or any RE developer creates a natural sounding Harmonizer. That would be awesome. I just struggle getting it proper sounding with Neptune or pitch editor. Sounds too processed and artificial. Neptune 2.0 would be something!?

https://www.jrrshop.com/antares-harmony-engine-evo

Last edited by Pralijah on 28 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Make music shake again!

sinusfiction

23 May 2017

yeah, I was also looking for a good natural harmonizer, and faced the same problems selecting one. Too bad that 9.5 is not supporting VST3 and the midi cross over.

And why isn't there a good RE Neptune alternative? For me this is also a major short coming, although with pitch edit I get better results than with Neptune (but takes a lot of time getting it right)

Edit: maybe Eventide Quadravox is something. No need for midi, and as far as I can see VST2/64bits. And sounds okay in the video demo. Does anyone have any experience with this VST?
New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

Djstarski

23 May 2017

The pitch editor does a good job of creating harmonies . if you know how to does it .

• Information