Sonnox plugins 50% off

Discuss VST stuff here!
normen

15 May 2017

Hey,

since everybody seems to be crazy about native plugins around here I thought I should mention this.

For anyone who doesn't know what these are its basically bread-and-butter plugins (compressor, EQ, limiter, reverb) etc. where most of the algorithms were taken from the development of the Sony OXF-R3 console. This all-digital console was developed by Sonys "Oxford studios" where many audio veterans who worked on things like the SSL consoles (people like Paul Frindle) put many, many hours into developing the ideal digital algorithms, in conjunction with world-class audio and mastering engineers checking back their development.

To me personally they are my go-to plugins ever since I worked on a real Sony Oxford, I don't have many plugins apart from a bunch of UAD ones (mainly for latency-free recording and a bit of analog vibe when I want it) and a handful of specialty plugins that do things no other plugins do (Drumagog, Drum Leveler, Melodyne etc.).

So to me these are plugins where I'd go "get these and look no further ever again". Since I feel many people in the Reason community will be caught by snake oil sellers with their promises of "We emulated what the Beatles did, now you can be a Beatle and make music just like them!" this might be a chance to bypass that and get a really good base set of plugins that won't leave you wanting much more.

http://sonnox.com

Cheers,
Normen

clone

15 May 2017

Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to the VST world and I'm getting ready for 9.5 upgrade. So I been window shopping, checking out the whole new word that reason is going to unleash. I will defiantly check this out.

tronam

16 May 2017

The one Sonnox plugin I still haven't found a true replacement for is Inflator, even after all these years. It's amazing.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

normen

16 May 2017

tronam wrote:The one Sonnox plugin I still haven't found a true replacement for is Inflator, even after all these years. It's amazing.
Yeah, it does something no maximizer, limiter or harmonics generator can. Its one of the few plugins I use where I still don't know what exactly it does ^^ "Increasing the probability of high modulation" - huh?? :)

qn5

17 May 2017

Happy about the sale. Not too happy about having to drop another $50+ for a physical iLok to run the plugin. :(
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

clone

20 May 2017

Screw the beetles sound, I want to sound like the group, ABBA :D

• Information