Sending multiple Midi channels from one controller to one VST??

Discuss VST stuff here!
clader

11 May 2017

Now that we have (or will have) VST support, there are a large number of VST instruments that can receive multi-channel midi data (i.e. plugins that support MPE, such as Roli's Equator or FXPansion Strobe2, or plugins that can do "multis" like Kontakt or Omnisphere where each instrument in the multi gets bound to a different midi channel).

BUT(!) Reason completely flattens all Midi Channel data to channel 1 :evil:

So If I have, say, a Roli Seaboard Rise keyboard, that sends each note on a new midi channel (for MPE/Multi support), no matter how I setup that keyboard a a control keyboard in reason, all notes always show up on channel 1 when it hits an instrument (rack extension or VST)?

I've seen remote codecs that you can install to get just one particular midi channel from a midi keyboard:
https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.c ... emote.html
With this remote codec, you are able to install a "keyboard" controller that only takes one particular channel from a midi port. Then you install it multiple times for different midi channels against the same keyboard, and then you can assign each "device"/midi channel to different instruments, but thats not what I'm looking to do.

I want all the different midi channels outputed by a particular midi device (the Roli) to all be sent to a single VST, but keep the midi channels unchanged (i.e. not flattened to channel 1).

Is there any way this could be done within Reason? There are more and more plugin devlopers starting to support MPE/Roli and it would be a shame to not be able to use those controllers properly in Reason

Thanks in advance,
~Calder

tumar

11 May 2017

How about Combinator including a few EMI (External Midi Instrument), each set to another midi channel?

• Information