J Bridge Question

Discuss VST stuff here!
Creativemind

10 May 2017

Hi All!

I've heard you can use 32bit vst's in a 64 bit daw using J Bridge.

2 questions:-

1) So it converts the 32 bit to 64 bit files (vst's) that are then accessed on your daw?
2) Is there any loss in quality when using a once 32 bit vst after conversion?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Lizard

10 May 2017

Creativemind wrote:Hi All!

I've heard you can use 32bit vst's in a 64 bit daw using J Bridge.

2 questions:-

1) So it converts the 32 bit to 64 bit files that are then accessed on your daw?
2) Is there any loss in quality when using a once 32 bit vst after conversion?

Thanks!
1. Yes! It is program that runs and asks you if you will be running a 32 or 64 bit DAW host. Then it asks you where to place the bridging files between the 32bit vst and jBridge. I am not sure that it converts per se but the effect is the same.

2. I always associate "quality" with sound quality so with that I say no. There has been reported by some performance degradation and may reduce resources. My experience is if you use it sparingly for the few devices you want to run then you are ok. Twenty five of them in your project... you main feel the burn.

** A note worth mentioning is that there does not seem to be a huge number of options out there so you don't have a great amount of choices. It is actually affordable. I think I paid $15-$20 for it? It does what it does and if their are any VST you absolutely MUST have it makes it worth it just for that. Moreso if you have one paid for that never got transferred to 64-bit.

16BitBear

10 May 2017

It is a wrapper, and it works very well. I have used it in Ableton for several years now for a few VST's that are still only 32 bit. It does use more resources (Ram) so bear that in mind. I would like to test it in Reason 9.5 beta but I am not yet in the program. Hopefully it will work just as transparently. As stated, it is worth the very low price you need to pay to get it.

• Information