Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano

Discuss VST stuff here!

QVprod

09 May 2017

This is a great sounding piano. Thrilled it's not another Steinway. Way too many of those on the market. Great diversity of sounds achievable with it, and for $29? Amazing!

I counted about 14-16 mics in that video. Good job Waves. Also cool that for once the demo songs are modern and aren't all classical stuff.

SA Studio

09 May 2017

This looks nice. I've been using Kontact's Grand Piano and Alicia's Keys for a few years.

For all the years I used to talk about how we need VSTi in Reason, highest quality Pianos was just one reason for that request.

Gulale

10 May 2017

29 is a steal. I'm downloading the HD version right now. It is a great addition for Reason users specially.
Gulale aka Bereket

QVprod

10 May 2017

Gulale wrote:29 is a steal. I'm downloading the HD version right now. It is a great addition for Reason users specially.
My dude John Mike! Followed him for a few years now for Mainstage and multitrack stuff. Does pretty well at reviewing plugins. Just gave Waves quite a few more sales with this video.

It's too good a deal not too buy with even more tone control than options in Reason Pianos.

Gulale

11 May 2017

QVprod wrote:
Gulale wrote:29 is a steal. I'm downloading the HD version right now. It is a great addition for Reason users specially.
My dude John Mike! Followed him for a few years now for Mainstage and multitrack stuff. Does pretty well at reviewing plugins. Just gave Waves quite a few more sales with this video.

It's too good a deal not too buy with even more tone control than options in Reason Pianos.
I gotta be honest with you, I have never bought a product by watching a video but this, I just did. I saw him playing with it and clicked buy without demoing the product and QV you are absolutely right. He just gave Waves quite a few more sales. What I enjoy the most about this piano is the customisation. You can make it sound anything.
Gulale aka Bereket

aeox
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

sounds good for 29 dollars

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 May 2017

$29 = instbuy!

I'm quite intrigued what other piano samples sets will follow!

Rectro

13 May 2017

Looks and sounds like a nice plugin, shame at least for me it dont load as standalone, or as plugin, keeps asking for app plugin folder. Tried all kinds of things to get it to work, but nope. This is why I guess RE still stands a good chance at surviving, as thats 2 hours of my life I could have been getting on with music. That said, this is not linked to all VST products, just waves methods of delivery and installation.

Dan

Bunja

13 May 2017

http://everyplugin.com/

its 24.99 here if you make an account up

i wont be buying it though i prefer upright sound to grands

and i just got a free xln audio one and i got id8 and alan parsons so im good for pianos

reviews sound good though , but i got girlfriends fam coming over next week cant even waste 20 quids on a plugin this week ( and my boys birthday coming ) need my dosh shamage well if it stays that price forever i may get it but will proberly go up maybe .

Bunja

13 May 2017

im gonna uninstall my waves audio track or swap it with someone , dont like waves

Gulale

13 May 2017

Rectro wrote:Looks and sounds like a nice plugin, shame at least for me it dont load as standalone, or as plugin, keeps asking for app plugin folder. Tried all kinds of things to get it to work, but nope. This is why I guess RE still stands a good chance at surviving, as thats 2 hours of my life I could have been getting on with music. That said, this is not linked to all VST products, just waves methods of delivery and installation.

Dan
Thats weird. If you are on Mac you can see it on your dock not launchpad. Other than that it works with no glitch on my system. On my system I was checking the presets and they take like 3 seconds to load. SSD I installed the HD version. I have never had a problem with waves products though. I have no idea how they do it but even I have never had a crash with their plugins.
Gulale aka Bereket

jayhosking

30 May 2017

For what it's worth, I also picked this up and am really enjoying it. For me, it sits somewhere between Reason Pianos's harder sound and Emotional Piano's soft touch. I'm not getting much versatility out of it (the range of mics aren't each as strong as I'd hoped) but I like the overall sound a lot.

• Information