D16 Group NEW VST- Tekturon-Multitap Sequenced Delay

Discuss VST stuff here!
pjeudy

08 May 2017

No RE format announced. Tekturon will be available for PC and Mac in VST/AU/AAX formats priced at £59/$69/€69 and is scheduled to be released on 15 May. It’ll be available via the D16 website.

.....but regardless you should be able to use it in REASON 9.5 :clap: ...Isn't choice and diversity better then a walled garden ....no ? Ok, if you insist.

D16 will release a new effect in its SilverLine series, the Tekturon multitap delay. This gives you 16 independent delay lines to play with, with the real fun seemingly coming from the method by which they’re controlled.

This is done in the Delay Matrix, and the workflow is actually akin to using a step sequencer. Rather than being a formulaic tap delay, you create a sequence of taps that are equally delayed from each other. You have individual control of the delay loop, panning, stereo spread and post-tap multimode filter for each of the 16 delay lines, while tempo sync, tap and swing can be set on a global level.

As well as being a creative studio tool, Tekturon also promises to a be suitable for use on stage. All parameters are MIDI-assignable, and quick-access mute buttons enable you to suppress individual delay lines.-MusicRadar
http://d16.pl/tekturon
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

pjeudy

15 May 2017

Enter the Delay Matrix
Tekturon is a multitap-delay effect with 16 independent, high-quality delay lines. What really sets it apart from other, similar products, however, is the way it’s controlled and the unique topology into which the taps are arranged: The Delay Matrix. In fact, Tekuron can't be thought of as a tap-delay effect in the strictest sense, but more of a sequence of taps equally delayed from each other, whereby working with the plugin strongly resembles using a step sequencer. This rather unusual design should give your creativity just the kick it needs!

Inspired by Ergonomics
Each and every aspect of the plugin’s workflow is presented in a visually clear and intuitive way, allowing for quick and precise control of every facet of the device, as well as the ability to easily tame all 16 delay lines it contains with global controls. The ability to visually grasp the entire layout with minimal effort allows you to achieve even the most complex results with extraordinary speed.

Fully-featured delay lines
Despite the imposed, fixed topology, each of the 16 delay lines has its own independent set of parameters providing complete control over:

Delay loop,
Panning,
Stereo spread,
Post-tap multi-mode filter.
Despite its superficially simple appearance, in the right hands Tekturon can be a very powerful production tool, indeed!

Quick-access mute buttons
You’ll certainly appreciate these for live performance situations, among others: conveniently placed, always accessible, and MIDI-assignable mute buttons for selectively suppressing individual delay lines. Invigorate your arrangements, bring some life to your production, and have fun!

Two-tiered Control
Tekturon provides the ability to control some aspects of the processing globally (adjusting parameters of all 16 delay lines at once) or locally (individually per delay line), thus making it possible to exert both fine-grained and convenient, 'one-knob' control over your performance!

Key features
16 delay lines arranged in a sequence of taps equally delayed from each other
Quick-access Mute buttons for selectively suppressing lines’ outputs
Globally controlled (all 16 delay lines at once):
Time grid - The delay between subsequent taps and base delay time for all 16 feedback loops
Optional host tempo synchronization
Feedback base value
Shuffle (swing)
Master filter's settings
Locally (per delay line):
Feedback relative to base value
Delay time as multiple of Time grid
Local filter's settings
Stereo Panorama
Stereo Spread
Output volume with level indication
Ultra-low digital aliasing output
Tag based preset browser
MIDI-learn functionality
64bit internal processing

€ 69 -$75 US
http://d16.pl/tekturon
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

davidvilla

15 May 2017

I like D16 and their devices, but I really hate the names they give them. But whatever...

I'm just glad that new devices like these, that are available to everyone else, are now also available to us the same day. It's nice not crawling on our knees hopelessly begging them to make this a rack extension.

EdGrip

15 May 2017

D16 are my favourite skeuomorphic UI designers. They are so good at it.

pjeudy

15 May 2017

davidvilla wrote:I'm just glad that new devices like these, that are available to everyone else, are now also available to us the same day. It's nice not crawling on our knees hopelessly begging them to make this a rack extension.
Exactly!

EnochLight

17 May 2017

EdGrip wrote:D16 are my favourite skeuomorphic UI designers. They are so good at it.
Indeed. They make Scott Forstall blush!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dpcoffin

17 May 2017

So how close/similar to this is the RE Le Space? Any opinions/experience? Obviously 16 delays is different than only 6, but, otherwise…?
TIA!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/le-space/

EnochLight

17 May 2017

dpcoffin wrote:So how close/similar to this is the RE Le Space? Any opinions/experience? Obviously 16 delays is different than only 6, but, otherwise…?
TIA!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/le-space/
Le Space does have breakouts for the delay returns, which is pretty sweet. You can send each return to its own effect processing. Not sure of Tekturon has that, but plan to try the demo.

*EDIT - just tried Tekturon's demo, and I can't seem to send the audio out from each delay to its own return, so Le Space wins on that count!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information