Xfer Serum - you can "rent" to own for $9.99 USD/month

Discuss VST stuff here!
AzureEyes

13 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:expanse is the same thing as serum, which is why you can use their wavetables.
Mostly the same specs, except expanse has 2 more oscillators and more controls and options than serum does, even without using a tableosc RE attached to it in a combinator.
Totally different. I know I have both of them and I use them a lot. Expanse has a different sound and a much different way of interpolation of the table then Serum. Also Serum has an Editor, Formula Parser, FFT! Expanse has an additive spectrum which is different because it doubles frequencies of the table! Also the LFOs in Serum are more advanced and complex. There's an FM to Oscillator warp that Expanse doesn't have (Yet). I never use more then two Oscillators in Expanse anyway. Serum has a sub and a Sampler (noise Oscillator) and yes Expanse can use Serums wavetables but you have to use the on board morph system because it can't read Serum warp information. So your information isn't accurate. Oranges and Apples of wavetable synthesis. They both are wavetable synths but they are completely different in terms of features and sound range!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oquasec

13 May 2017

AzureEyes wrote:
Oquasec wrote:expanse is the same thing as serum, which is why you can use their wavetables.
Mostly the same specs, except expanse has 2 more oscillators and more controls and options than serum does, even without using a tableosc RE attached to it in a combinator.
Totally different. I know I have both of them and I use them a lot. Expanse has a different sound and a much different way of interpolation of the table then Serum. Also Serum has an Editor, Formula Parser, FFT! Expanse has an additive spectrum which is different because it doubles frequencies of the table!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for reminding me, I keep forgetting plugins use different dsp, different coding etc.
So far I've been feeling the rack devices more for what they are and will not be using serum for my productions, but this does not have to apply to you.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

13 May 2017

Anyway, we can't do this in Reason anyway so... :(

viewtopic.php?p=328921#p328921
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

darkmaer

13 May 2017

Splice service that I think is not compatible with reason is being able to sync your projects between your computer and splice.com, backing up all your saves and samples

The serum part literately seems to only be a thing like ilok when you drag the VST into a project it just makes sure the license is still active.

According to the site studio one isn't a supported daw with the splice client, but I'm still able to use serum in my studio one projects.

Could be wrong though since I don't have a beta invite as of yet.

• Information