Video VST plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 May 2017

I don't know VST's however I have just tried VidPlayVST64 and it works really well with the beta, had several videos running at the same time. (leaves ReSync in the past sorry to say)

What other good VST video players are there out there?

Thanks.

Benedict
Competition Winner

02 May 2017

Aah, that was to be on my try list.

However on FB when I asked about video now we have VST I got a we'll see with a wink sooo.....

Til then this may be a workable workaround.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Olivier

02 May 2017

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I don't know VST's however I have just tried VidPlayVST64 and it works really well with the beta, had several videos running at the same time. (leaves ReSync in the past sorry to say)

Thanks.
Didn't find one that actually worked yet. This one however does. Thank You ! :)

Download here : http://vidplayvst.com/index.htm
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

02 May 2017

I tried VidPlayVST and it worked great the first day... but then the next time I used it I had one problem that isn't a deal-breaker but not awesome either. The first 5 seconds of the video doesn't play. You hear the sound of the video but you see nothing on screen moving until 5 seconds when the video catches up with the timeline and from then on it's locked. Anyone else experience this?

The first time I tried it everything worked but that was an earlier Reason 9.5 beta so I can't compare apples to apples.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2017

ryanharlin wrote:I tried VidPlayVST and it worked great the first day... but then the next time I used it I had one problem that isn't a deal-breaker but not awesome either. The first 5 seconds of the video doesn't play. You hear the sound of the video but you see nothing on screen moving until 5 seconds when the video catches up with the timeline and from then on it's locked. Anyone else experience this?

The first time I tried it everything worked but that was an earlier Reason 9.5 beta so I can't compare apples to apples.
The funny thing is, what you have described is one of the issues I have with ReSync, the other big issue I had was after a couple of plays I must not zero my transport as if I did I just got a blank video screen all the way and the only real way around it was to reload the video!!!

I'm running 9.5d217 and it's fine on my Windows system. I had about 5 different video's from different formats play the other day, some in a loop and some long playing video's, was quite impressed with it...

The only issue I have had is the stay on top option in VidPlayVST, it works until you move focus in Reason and then of course it closes, you reopen the window but it now no longer on top but the option is selected so you have to deselect it to be able to select it again, of course selecting the option from the Reason VST window, "Keep Open" first sorts it out...

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

02 May 2017

Olivier wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:I don't know VST's however I have just tried VidPlayVST64 and it works really well with the beta, had several videos running at the same time. (leaves ReSync in the past sorry to say)

Thanks.
Didn't find one that actually worked yet. This one however does. Thank You ! :)

Download here : http://vidplayvst.com/index.htm
It's a VST jungle out there, you are meant to be helping me..DOH!!! LOL :D :D :D :D

VidPlayVST

26 May 2017

Thanks for trying the Beta Test version of my plug-in. It will continue to work until September 2017.

There are a couple of issues with it that have now been fixed. The main fix is a workaround for a specific mp4 format that uses a 5 second key frame interval and where the first key frame is not until 5 seconds into the video. I believe this means that the first 5 seconds are not compressed. I suspect that there is some video editing software out there that people are using to strip off the opening credits (and also the first key frame at time zero). Or it could just be a 'feature' of a particular video rendering program when it creates an mp4. I don't know for sure.

jayhosking

16 Nov 2017

Dragging this thread up from the dead. I'd like to start working on some soundtrack pieces and don't have a solution for video yet. Is VidPlayVST64 still the best bet or have people found better solutions? Since I haven't used video in Reason at all before, I'm hesitant to purchase anything if it's not going to work very well.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

sleep1979

25 Jun 2019

jayhosking wrote:
16 Nov 2017
Dragging this thread up from the dead. I'd like to start working on some soundtrack pieces and don't have a solution for video yet. Is VidPlayVST64 still the best bet or have people found better solutions? Since I haven't used video in Reason at all before, I'm hesitant to purchase anything if it's not going to work very well.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.
I would like to know there is a free one i found in my thread

• Information