Multiband Compressor Suggestion

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

10 Jan 2018

Marc Swing wrote:
10 Jan 2018
XysteR wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Why not try the multiband compression presets for the master section?
Been there and done that, i have tried a lot of different multiband compressors etc, but i cant get it to sound as good as that one from Wavelab/Steinberg :puf_unhappy:

It's so easy to use and get good results.

I have it as DLL file but like i said, it got some code inside it that prevents it to be loaded up in another DAW ("You need Wavelab to use this plugin")

But like i said before i would pay 100$ to anyone that can "unlock" that plugin so i can use it i Reason if someone can do stuff like that?
First things first: Unlocking this protection would be a crack, so do not call ppl to get payed for that.

I tried this compressor many years ago, and it was ok, but sometimes i had the same feelings as on every multiband compressor: they make things worse.

can you describe, what you think that makes this compressor so awsome? I guess you know, you can use every compressor as a multiband in Reason?
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

10 Jan 2018

First things first: Unlocking this protection would be a crack, so do not call ppl to get payed for that.
Ooh sorry i didn't think it would be a "problem" because the plugin is like 100 years old but i get it. (I would buy it from Steinberg if it was possible, but guess it's not) :cry:

I tried this compressor many years ago, and it was ok, but sometimes i had the same feelings as on every multiband compressor: they make things worse.

can you describe, what you think that makes this compressor so awsome? I guess you know, you can use every compressor as a multiband in Reason?
Well everbody got their own workflow and sound so it's probably not gonna work for everyboy just as all the multiband compressor and such i have tried havent worked for me :(

And its hard to describe in text what it does for me, its just so straightforward and easy and i can shape my sound so easy with it.

I guess i like it because it's not so cluttered and the way you can add different band frequency by just dragging and adding andy really get close by solo frequencies.
And that "knee" on the right just drag it to increase/decrease the amount of how hard you want it to work.

Like i said it's hard to explain especially in english (im from Sweden).
It just got "that thing" that fits my sound and workflow so good and i have used it for years (I used to do my mastering in Wavelab before) but i would love to be able to use it in Reason instead in my master channel so i can have more control in real time with my mixes/songs.

Loque

10 Jan 2018

Marc Swing wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Ooh sorry i didn't think it would be a "problem" because the plugin is like 100 years old but i get it. (I would buy it from Steinberg if it was possible, but guess it's not) :cry:

Well everbody got their own workflow and sound so it's probably not gonna work for everyboy just as all the multiband compressor and such i have tried havent worked for me :(

And its hard to describe in text what it does for me, its just so straightforward and easy and i can shape my sound so easy with it.

I guess i like it because it's not so cluttered and the way you can add different band frequency by just dragging and adding andy really get close by solo frequencies.
And that "knee" on the right just drag it to increase/decrease the amount of how hard you want it to work.

It just got "that thing" that fits my sound and workflow so good and i have used it for years (I used to do my mastering in Wavelab before) but i would love to be able to use it in Reason instead in my master channel so i can have more control in real time with my mixes/songs.
Agree, that it was easy to dial this compressor in.

I just bought Trash 2 which has a multiband compressor, but did not checked it deeply. The handling is, well, not easy.

I just got the multiband stuff from Kilohearts and I really like it, but it is limited to their compressor.

If you like it easy, try The Mace RE with a multiband setup, eg with some of Band splitter. It has a good knee setting.

If you want more, like FFT, maybe try some he expansive stuff like fabfilter or i think iZotope has something.

As i said, i am not a big fan of multiband compression, i prefer a dynamic eq which can be easily build,or again try one of those expensive tools.
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

10 Jan 2018

Loque wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Marc Swing wrote:
10 Jan 2018

Agree, that it was easy to dial this compressor in.

I just bought Trash 2 which has a multiband compressor, but did not checked it deeply. The handling is, well, not easy.

I just got the multiband stuff from Kilohearts and I really like it, but it is limited to their compressor.

If you like it easy, try The Mace RE with a multiband setup, eg with some of Band splitter. It has a good knee setting.

If you want more, like FFT, maybe try some he expansive stuff like fabfilter or i think iZotope has something.

As i said, i am not a big fan of multiband compression, i prefer a dynamic eq which can be easily build,or again try one of those expensive tools.

Yeah thanks for all the suggestions but i have tried all of those plugins/Re that you mention and some are nice but unfortunately they don't "do the trick" for me, they just don't got that sound i'm looking for :|

Creativemind

10 Jan 2018

Marc Swing wrote:
11 May 2017
Creativemind wrote:Try J Bridge. Google it.

Download that and you can use that to convert 32 bit vst's to 64 bit. It's about £15-ish mind.
I did find this one and tried J Bridge to convert it to 64bit but i just get a message that says it cannot do this because it "belongs to Cakewalk" DAMN!
From your pic it's a Steinberg plug-in?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

dvdrtldg

11 Jan 2018

Marc Swing wrote:
09 Jan 2018
I still haven't found any multiband compressor that is as good as that one i Wavelab :(

I would pay 100$ to anyone that can "unlock" that plugin so i can use it i Reason or if someone could "re-make it" as a Re!

Because i have tried to load it (MultiBand Compressor.dll) in Reason using Jbridge but i only get a dialog box saying that "i need Wavelab to use this plugin"
I love the native WaveLab plugins, the current ones in WL 9.3 are just awesome. I contacted Steinberg a while back to ask if there was any way their plugs could be used in other DAWs and the answer was a definite No

Marc Swing

11 Jan 2018

Creativemind wrote:
10 Jan 2018
Marc Swing wrote:
11 May 2017

From your pic it's a Steinberg plug-in?
Yes the first one is from Steinberg Wavelab and the other one thats like the same are from Cakewalk and both are locked to their programs

Marc Swing

11 Jan 2018

dvdrtldg wrote:
11 Jan 2018
Marc Swing wrote:
09 Jan 2018
I still haven't found any multiband compressor that is as good as that one i Wavelab :(

I would pay 100$ to anyone that can "unlock" that plugin so i can use it i Reason or if someone could "re-make it" as a Re!

Because i have tried to load it (MultiBand Compressor.dll) in Reason using Jbridge but i only get a dialog box saying that "i need Wavelab to use this plugin"
I love the native WaveLab plugins, the current ones in WL 9.3 are just awesome. I contacted Steinberg a while back to ask if there was any way their plugs could be used in other DAWs and the answer was a definite No
Yes thats a bummer! and even that multiband compressor i want is several years old but stil you cant buy that one?

scifunk

14 Jan 2018

build you own in a combinator - tailoring each band with a different compressor suitable for the frequencies.

BRIGGS

21 Jan 2018

r11s

ProfessaKaos

21 Jan 2018

My suggestion is wait for Selig's New RE!!
I have no insider info but I have a feeling it is a Multi-Band RE of absolute goodness.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

• Information