Amplitube basic is free

Discuss VST stuff here!
jfrichards

29 Apr 2017

Amplitube Custom Shop VST basic is free:

AmpliTube Custom Shop is a free download that gets you started making beautiful guitar music on your computer. When you download the Custom Shop app (click over there on the left), you get 24 pieces of gear including:

9 Stompbox Models – Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
4 Amplifiers – American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
5 Cabinets – 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
3 Microphones – Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
Tuner – Fully chromatic
Installs as a Plug-in or as a Standalone Application (Mac/PC)

Download here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... -shop-gear

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

29 Apr 2017

Nice!

I really liked Amplitube: it was the only one I rated above PodFarm in that test I did on PUF years ago.

If memory serves, TH2 was quite good but limited; PODFarmPlat was the deepest, and most versatile but sometimes was harsh on the top end (I've never liked PF's AC-12 [EDIT :lol: I've been watching too much Line of Duty... I mean AC-30, of course!] and a tad thin; Revalver was buggy to the point that I still remember, 6/7 years on, how hard it was to get a test example out of the damn thing; and Guitar Rig sounded like the cabinet was located inside a sack of moulding potatoes which is buried under a mountain of old socks. In a cave. There was a free homebrew VST thing as well, can't remember what it was it, but it was pretty crap. Yet still better than Guitar Rig.

I seem to recall most people put Guitar Rig last in that test; PF was mid-table (below TH2?) and Amplitube was a clear 1st.

I'm happy enough to have PodFarm back in Reason because, well, legacy, and it is good enough; but if buying an amp sim for the first time now with the free choice of VST for Reason, yeah, I'd be giving Amplitube a serious consideration, and for most users this free version I expect will be much better replacement for the L6 devices than the Softtube amp REs.

paulred67

29 Apr 2017

I also recommend this one http://www.kuassa.com/products/amplifikation-lite/ . Basic, simple but with good sound.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

jfrichards

29 Apr 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:...Guitar Rig sounded like the cabinet was located inside a sack of moulding potatoes which is buried under a mountain of old socks. In a cave...
Yeah it did, but it's different now. In fact Guitar Rig 5 basic is also free and has lots of very good stuff. Only one amp but lots of nice effects, especially the chorus, and a very nice trance gate. Free download is here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -5-player/
Sounds better these days:
https://allihoopa.com/s/IdUf60lz

stratatonic

29 Apr 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:...yeah, I'd be giving Amplitube a serious consideration, and for most users this free version I expect will be much better replacement for the L6 devices than the Softtube amp REs.
You could also use the 5 included cabinets from the free version to use with the Softube amps. Or use the FX pedals as well, if you open up Amplitube before and after the Softube Amps. But why stop there?

If Amplitube's Custom Shop option works in Reason, you could demo every single amp and cabinet and effect (72 hours each) for free and that should keep you going for the whole year with all the gear Amplitube has.
JiggeryPokery wrote:Guitar Rig sounded like the cabinet was located inside a sack of moulding potatoes which is buried under a mountain of old socks. In a cave.
lol...haven't fired up Guitar Rig in a while but I seem to recall that their FX were quite good.

stratatonic

29 Apr 2017

jfrichards wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:...Guitar Rig sounded like the cabinet was located inside a sack of moulding potatoes which is buried under a mountain of old socks. In a cave...
Yeah it did, but it's different now. In fact Guitar Rig 5 basic is also free and has lots of very good stuff. Only one amp but lots of nice effects, especially the chorus, and a very nice trance gate. Free download is here:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... -5-player/
Sounds better these days:
https://allihoopa.com/s/IdUf60lz
You could also download the full version as a demo. The demo limitation is 30 minutes iirc - which I could never understand. You can record a lot in 30 minutes and just close and just restart again. The demos that blast noise randomly are the best (or worst- depending on your point of view)

Steven L

27 Apr 2020

Hi, I downloaded Amplitube custom shop free only to have a pop up say that I've got 9 days to register. I fell for it it hook line and sinker. So can anybody tell me why it says its free whdn it clearly isn't. Also I'm using Reaper 6.
Steven

arqui

28 Apr 2020

jfrichards wrote:
29 Apr 2017
Amplitube Custom Shop VST basic is free:

AmpliTube Custom Shop is a free download that gets you started making beautiful guitar music on your computer. When you download the Custom Shop app (click over there on the left), you get 24 pieces of gear including:

9 Stompbox Models – Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
Thanks, but... The stompbox pedals can´t controller in Reason, I try but I can´t....
I prefer anyway Overloud TH-U...
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

• Information