VST Brings back Line6?

Discuss VST stuff here!
chrischrischris

28 Apr 2017

Hi,

I am assuming that the latest versions of Pod Farm will now be available in Reason 9.5?
That would be great for Me.
I only ever used The AC30 and it would be interesting to see if Pod Farm will use more or less CPU that The original Line6 Reason Widget. I find that although the sound is great My combinator for Kuassa (Plus RE) AC30 is a bit heavy on CPU. ( 8 Instances compared with The Old Widget of 148 Instances!)

Chris

chimp_spanner

28 Apr 2017

Playing through it right now. Correct you are!

chrischrischris

28 Apr 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Playing through it right now. Correct you are!
Ah Man. Although, lots of time has been wasted making replacements I have learned a lot in the process.

Good news.

I can't wait for My Email to arrive!

Chris

chimp_spanner

28 Apr 2017

Is there a better combo than POD Farm 2.5, Superior Drummer 2 and all my rack extensions?

The answer is no. No there is not. :lol:

Social Exodus

28 Apr 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Is there a better combo than POD Farm 2.5, Superior Drummer 2 and all my rack extensions?

Oh, I don't know about that. Although I do like the POD Farm Platinum I have, I like Overloud's TH3 better myself these days. Take that with Addictive Drums 2 and that's basically why I use SONAR for guitar stuff these days.

It will be GREAT to use all of these things in Reason's friendly confines though!
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

paulred67

29 Apr 2017

Pod Farm 2.5 & BFD3. Just my two cents. ;)
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

ljekio

29 Apr 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:Is there a better combo than POD Farm 2.5, Superior Drummer 2 and all my rack extensions?

I will also add Kontakt and SWAM to this beautiful list.

SymphonicDischord

29 Apr 2017

For me it's gonna be all about Helix Native once it drops. That and Superior Drummer, goodbye Logic.

ltbrunt00

01 May 2017

Is the Pod Farm 2.5 similar to the old line 6 amps in reason 7? I am probably the only person that loved those little devices in reason. Would buy them right now if they showed up as Rack Extensions.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Dabbler

01 May 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:Is the Pod Farm 2.5 similar to the old line 6 amps in reason 7? I am probably the only person that loved those little devices in reason. Would buy them right now if they showed up as Rack Extensions.
I loved Line 6 too.

So all the files I opened where Reason kindly replaced the Line 6 are probably never going back to what they were?

Or will Reason see the Line 6 VST and put things back like they were?

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 May 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:Is the Pod Farm 2.5 similar to the old line 6 amps in reason 7? I am probably the only person that loved those little devices in reason. Would buy them right now if they showed up as Rack Extensions.
Pod Farm was like 1000 times better as the VST as it allowed you full access to the Line 6 capabilities.

In Line 6 you had everything from SSL compressors to kick ass reverbs. Before Rack Extension Line 6 was the way to get other effects into the rack.

platzangst

01 May 2017

Pod Farm is more advanced and the interface is completely different. However, any of your Line 6 patches should open up in Pod Farm and sound exactly the same.

The only caveat is, like the Line 6 amps, there are different "levels" of the program. If you have the basic level you'll have fewer amps and cab simulations than if you have the Platinum version, which gives you all the simulations. There's a few intermediate levels in there too.

Dabbler wrote:I loved Line 6 too.

So all the files I opened where Reason kindly replaced the Line 6 are probably never going back to what they were?

Or will Reason see the Line 6 VST and put things back like they were?
Oh, they probably won't bother to replace anything, since now buying Pod Farm is something a user would decide, it's not going to be included in everyone's copy of Reason. But if you have the patches copied you'd be able to open them.

Karim
Competition Winner

01 May 2017

not the only. All community cried a lot for those gems [emoji21]

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

ltbrunt00

01 May 2017

Thanks for the info. The softube amps just did not cut it. My biggest issue is that I had those Line 6 devices everywhere with automation all over the place. Sound and effects were very specific tailored to each song. I still use Reason 7 for editing songs made with the line 6 devices. I have been trying to use the Kuassa amps sounds but will probably get the Pod Farm Platinum going forward.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

eladberger

09 May 2017

Hi
From what I understand and I spoke with a rep from Line 6 they are not doing anything or have any future plans with Pod Farm they are dealing and developing only their latest helix stuff and Pod Farm VST at least for OS X is 32bit so it's not going to work with Reason 9.5
There are ways to use it with midihost or minihost VST I don't remember the exact name of it or as standalone (but to use it like that to record an additional dry signal you will need a line 6 compatible interface I have the Pod X3 so I have to commit to a sound)
but as is it's not compatible with Reason 9.5 as a VST
I'm not affiliated with props or line6 just sharing what I was told by Line 6 guys and it's a shame because Pod Farm platinum is a great guitar simulator in my opinion

joeyluck

09 May 2017

eladberger wrote:Hi
From what I understand and I spoke with a rep from Line 6 they are not doing anything or have any future plans with Pod Farm they are dealing and developing only their latest helix stuff and Pod Farm VST at least for OS X is 32bit so it's not going to work with Reason 9.5
There are ways to use it with midihost or minihost VST I don't remember the exact name of it or as standalone (but to use it like that to record an additional dry signal you will need a line 6 compatible interface I have the Pod X3 so I have to commit to a sound)
I'm not affiliated with props or line6 just sharing what I was told by Line 6 guys and it's a shame because Pod Farm platinum is a great guitar simulator in my opinion
Which likely also means it will lose support over time. And at some point just won't work on future systems (both Mac and Windows). Something to keep in mind...

eusti

09 May 2017

joeyluck wrote:
Which likely also means it will lose support over time. And at some point just won't work on future systems (both Mac and Windows). Something to keep in mind...
I'm still super surprised that older software seems to chug along nicely on recent PCs, when similar stuff has not been working on newer generation Mac systems for years...

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 May 2017

There are 32-64 bit VST bridges.

wendylou

30 Jul 2017

avasopht wrote:
10 May 2017
There are 32-64 bit VST bridges.
I just purchased JBridge for Mac & Windows (~$12 USD) and it works well allowing 32-bit VSTs such as my POD Farm 2.5 Platinum VSTs to operate in Reason 9.5.

https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridgem/
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

gak

31 Jul 2017

As someone who plays guitar, has been with reason for a while, and knows a thing or two about sims:

AT4, basically a few essentials are key and you'll have all the tone you've ever want*

Mesa boogie MK4. OCD pedal. The "red pig" amp.

That's it. You can get funky, you can rock, you can be clean, you can have a room, you can have different mics, you can go bonkers.

I meh at about everything else.

Now, S-GEAR isn't a bad solution, but you'll likely need something in front of it if you like more gain. There are free ones if you are interested (well, donation gear) but it allows IR's.

I've owned a HELIX. Lame in comparison. No really, I'm not fucking with you.

• Information