Musio perpetual on sale for $199

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

27 Aug 2024

https://musio.com/whats-included/

Anybody here using Musio?

How do the libraries compare to the Cinesamples Kontakt counterparts? I was surprised to find very little info in the FAQ, aside from it saying that Musio and Kontakt are different, but not stating the specific differences of the instruments, if any... The Musio instruments look like they might be simplified.

The only Cinesamples libraries I have for Kontakt is the Tina Guo bundle and the free ones.

jam-s

29 Aug 2024

Also on sale at Plugin Boutique, which would be even a little bit cheaper for me.

In general this looks like quite a good deal, but I wonder if you can keep an offline installation backup in case the company faults and their cloud servers are shut down and if you can how big it would be.

joeyluck

29 Aug 2024

I'm using the 30-day trial now. The instruments are definitely simplified. Not sure if that will change with updates. But things like legato speed, EQ profiles, mic positions, etc. seem to be omitted.

I found it a bit odd the lack of transparency of the differences between Musio and the Kontakt libraries. There should be a comparison chart. After all, they still sell the Kontakt libraries, so it would still benefit them to point out the features of those libraries which cost more.

Theo.M

06 Sep 2024

Do you know by any chance whether the mac version is native silicon? Yet ANOTHER dev who doesn't think that's important to have under the specs. So far it's around 60 percent who do and say whether native or rosetta required, and 40% who don't which is a bit ridiculous. I don't even want to download and install a demo of something that isn't and I am tired of asking devs and waiting for replies, so if anyone here knows, do me a solid and let me know too, please ;) TIA.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra/64Gb/Apollo T-Bolt 3/OS 14.6.1/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Logic 11.01
MSI GT77/13980HX/RTX 4090m/64GB/Arturia Minifuse 2/PT 2024.6/R13.02/Low DPC latency tuned

• Information