Albino 3 in Reason windows?

Discuss VST stuff here!
TheFesta

15 Apr 2023

Has anyone managed to get Albino 3 working properly in Reason on Windows?
I love the sound of this synth and have managed to get it half working in Reason..
It shows up as a vst but the interface is tiny and unusable apart from presets and it needs registering each time it’s opened.
Has anyone else on windows managed to get it working fully in Reason?
I would really appreciate it if anyone help me get this old classic working fully.

Thankyou
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

BRIGGS

15 Apr 2023

it crashes in 11, but 12 is ok

The layering feature is broken though. The bottom 'slide out' fails.

Otherwise I'd use it more.

I was using largo instead, but the interface has too much lag, and it updates slowly.

These days, I just stick with the reason synths.
r11s

raymondh

15 Apr 2023

In R12 for me, same thing - it works well but does not display the bottom of the UI.

Not ideal but one option is to use a separate host for your sound design. Reaper loads Albino properly and you can do your editing there.

When Albino was discontinued (I think some issue/fallout between Peter of Linplug and Rob Papen ??), theoretically Predator was to be the successor, but they really have different sonic signatures. (Both fantastic synths even by today's standards - Predator is more bold/aggressive/dark and Albino more silky and light).

crimsonwarlock

16 Apr 2023

raymondh wrote:
15 Apr 2023
theoretically Predator was to be the successor, but they really have different sonic signatures. (Both fantastic synths even by today's standards - Predator is more bold/aggressive/dark and Albino more silky and light).
I used Albino in the past and always liked its sound. I recently bought BIT in the current RP sale and I think it has that smoother side. Together with Predator it covers a lot of what I loved in Albino.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

raymondh

16 Apr 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
16 Apr 2023
raymondh wrote:
15 Apr 2023
theoretically Predator was to be the successor, but they really have different sonic signatures. (Both fantastic synths even by today's standards - Predator is more bold/aggressive/dark and Albino more silky and light).
I used Albino in the past and always liked its sound. I recently bought BIT in the current RP sale and I think it has that smoother side. Together with Predator it covers a lot of what I loved in Albino.
Great call! Yes B.I.T is great!

TheFesta

17 Apr 2023

Thanks for the replies.
I always felt that albino 3 had a bit of a 90s sound which is basically what i wanted it for.

I'll probably just use it as a preset machine then.
But i do like the sound of that B.i.t as well I
know different but also considering vecto rack extension to try emulate a 90s digital workstation (la synthesis ) kinda vibe.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

• Information