Native instruments Kontakt 7 not available in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
kajito

04 Dec 2022

I've installed Kontakt 7 and I can run it in stand-alone mode but not in Reason 12, only Kontakt 6 is available.
All VST plug-ins are installed in the default location. BTW It does show up in Cubase 12 :|
Does Reason 12 supports Kontakt 7?
Thanks!

BonsaiMacKay

04 Dec 2022

Hi
The issue is Kontakt 7 is VST3 only and Reason as a host does not support this format. The good news is Reason Studios are running a beta test that implements VST3 support and it should be released some time in December.

kajito

04 Dec 2022

BonsaiMacKay wrote:
04 Dec 2022
Hi
The issue is Kontakt 7 is VST3 only and Reason as a host does not support this format. The good news is Reason Studios are running a beta test that implements VST3 support and it should be released some time in December.
I thought so but wasn't sure. December it's the most wonderful time of the year ;) Thanks!

BonsaiMacKay

04 Dec 2022

No worries! Let's hope their VST3 support is solid. Personally, I haven't used Reason DAW in ages though; I prefer to simply use Reason as a plugin in Live.

moneykube

04 Dec 2022

since Kontakt 7 player was released , Komplete Kontrol only loads Kontakt 7 player , and can not load the full version of Kontakt 6 even though it has the option to load it... when selected, Kontakt 6 comes up with a message saying it was not loaded... ticket submitted
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information