Noise Engineering - Free Public Beta Plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
Despondo
Posts: 837
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post 24 Jul 2021

Last edited by Despondo on 24 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9296
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 24 Jul 2021

VST3...sigh...
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4349
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 24 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
24 Jul 2021
VST3...sigh...
I've got a sneaky suspicion VST 3 will be supported in the official Reason 12 release in September, if not in 12.1 around December perhaps?

I mean it's getting to the point they really need to support it now.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12.2 / Cockos Reaper 6.36 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
NoiseEng
RE Developer
Posts: 29
Joined: 17 May 2018
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post 28 Jul 2021

Hi all,
As always a little late to reply, and I apologize. You can always drop us a line through our website if you have questions -- I see these personally and you'll get an answer from me or from Markus, our right-hand person.

A note on VST2. Steinberg no longer allows development in VST2 -- we cannot legally make a VST2 plugin, and we have to make them in VST3. I can't speak to Reason's future but we've said it everywhere we can and I'll say it here, we haven't forgotten you. While these plugins will not work natively in Reason, we are working on a lot of things for Reason users and hope to have them as soon as humanly possible. We appreciate that you're still looking for stuff and we really love the Reason community. Y'all are great.

- Kris, co-founder at Noise Engineering
Kris
Noise Engineering
Doer of the Things
Two of Six

User avatar
dioxide
Posts: 1445
Joined: 15 Jul 2015

Post 28 Jul 2021

That's a nice thing to read, especially for RE diehards like myself. I'm happy to give both VST3 and 2 a miss completely ;)

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9296
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 28 Jul 2021

Yea, hope there is something coming...

Personally i don't like the NE VST GUIs at all, so i would be totally fine with a more static GUI if that's the problem for a RE version...
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 28 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
24 Jul 2021
VST3...sigh...
I've got a sneaky suspicion VST 3 will be supported in the official Reason 12 release in September, if not in 12.1 around December perhaps?

I mean it's getting to the point they really need to support it now.
It's nice to see the wishful thinking but I've been looking forward to seeing vst2.4 fully implemented and it hasn't happened yet even though it's on the todo list:-viewtopic.php?p=537130#p537130
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4349
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 29 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
24 Jul 2021


I've got a sneaky suspicion VST 3 will be supported in the official Reason 12 release in September, if not in 12.1 around December perhaps?

I mean it's getting to the point they really need to support it now.
It's nice to see the wishful thinking but I've been looking forward to seeing vst2.4 fully implemented and it hasn't happened yet even though it's on the todo list:-viewtopic.php?p=537130#p537130
Yeah they seem to move onto the next thing before the last thing is finished. Themes being a good example. When are we going to get more themes, I mean is that it and when are we going to get themes affect the mixer and menu's? I'd love to see that mixer and the menu's in dark theme.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12.2 / Cockos Reaper 6.36 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9296
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
28 Jul 2021


It's nice to see the wishful thinking but I've been looking forward to seeing vst2.4 fully implemented and it hasn't happened yet even though it's on the todo list:-viewtopic.php?p=537130#p537130
Yeah they seem to move onto the next thing before the last thing is finished. Themes being a good example. When are we going to get more themes, I mean is that it and when are we going to get themes affect the mixer and menu's? I'd love to see that mixer and the menu's in dark theme.
Even if this is off topic and this thread is now heading in the usual rant about RS and missing features, i'd like to note, that it is a general good idea to clean the basis before you hack some stuff on top of old crap. That means, they probably need to finish the hires stuff first, which includes a re-write of the Mixer UI IMO, and after that we might see another theme at some point :thumbup: .

I also see a chance, that we will see some gfx update in the RE SDK so maybe some faster drawing allowing the ugly UI stuff from the NE VSTs in Reason too.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021


Yeah they seem to move onto the next thing before the last thing is finished. Themes being a good example. When are we going to get more themes, I mean is that it and when are we going to get themes affect the mixer and menu's? I'd love to see that mixer and the menu's in dark theme.
Even if this is off topic and this thread is now heading in the usual rant about RS and missing features, i'd like to note, that it is a general good idea to clean the basis before you hack some stuff on top of old crap. That means, they probably need to finish the hires stuff first, which includes a re-write of the Mixer UI IMO, and after that we might see another theme at some point :thumbup: .

I also see a chance, that we will see some gfx update in the RE SDK so maybe some faster drawing allowing the ugly UI stuff from the NE VSTs in Reason too.
I'm not sure that we did go off topic,

Every time someone posts a vst3 only device it instantly leads to the fact the we can't use it, which then reminds us they didn't finish vst2.4.........
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4349
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 29 Jul 2021

Loque wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021


Yeah they seem to move onto the next thing before the last thing is finished. Themes being a good example. When are we going to get more themes, I mean is that it and when are we going to get themes affect the mixer and menu's? I'd love to see that mixer and the menu's in dark theme.
Even if this is off topic and this thread is now heading in the usual rant about RS and missing features, i'd like to note, that it is a general good idea to clean the basis before you hack some stuff on top of old crap. That means, they probably need to finish the hires stuff first, which includes a re-write of the Mixer UI IMO, and after that we might see another theme at some point :thumbup: .

I also see a chance, that we will see some gfx update in the RE SDK so maybe some faster drawing allowing the ugly UI stuff from the NE VSTs in Reason too.
NE vst?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12.2 / Cockos Reaper 6.36 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
29 Jul 2021

Even if this is off topic and this thread is now heading in the usual rant about RS and missing features, i'd like to note, that it is a general good idea to clean the basis before you hack some stuff on top of old crap. That means, they probably need to finish the hires stuff first, which includes a re-write of the Mixer UI IMO, and after that we might see another theme at some point :thumbup: .

I also see a chance, that we will see some gfx update in the RE SDK so maybe some faster drawing allowing the ugly UI stuff from the NE VSTs in Reason too.
I'm not sure that we did go off topic,

Every time someone posts a vst3 only device it instantly leads to the fact the we can't use it, which then reminds us they didn't finish vst2.4.........
The quoted comment is about themes...

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
29 Jul 2021

Even if this is off topic and this thread is now heading in the usual rant about RS and missing features, i'd like to note, that it is a general good idea to clean the basis before you hack some stuff on top of old crap. That means, they probably need to finish the hires stuff first, which includes a re-write of the Mixer UI IMO, and after that we might see another theme at some point :thumbup: .

I also see a chance, that we will see some gfx update in the RE SDK so maybe some faster drawing allowing the ugly UI stuff from the NE VSTs in Reason too.
NE vst?
Noise Engineering - the topic :)

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

NoiseEng wrote:
28 Jul 2021
While these plugins will not work natively in Reason, we are working on a lot of things for Reason users and hope to have them as soon as humanly possible. We appreciate that you're still looking for stuff and we really love the Reason community. Y'all are great.

- Kris, co-founder at Noise Engineering
Thanks, Kris! Hoping we see VST3 support in Reason someday, but I'd take a RE over VST. Looking forward to anything you all bring to Reason. Your stuff is really great :)

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9296
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Loque wrote:
29 Jul 2021

Even if this is off topic and this thread is now heading in the usual rant about RS and missing features, i'd like to note, that it is a general good idea to clean the basis before you hack some stuff on top of old crap. That means, they probably need to finish the hires stuff first, which includes a re-write of the Mixer UI IMO, and after that we might see another theme at some point :thumbup: .

I also see a chance, that we will see some gfx update in the RE SDK so maybe some faster drawing allowing the ugly UI stuff from the NE VSTs in Reason too.
NE vst?
Noise Engineering VST
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jul 2021

The quoted comment is about themes...
?

Is the theme half complete features :lol:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021
joeyluck wrote:
29 Jul 2021

The quoted comment is about themes...
?

Is the theme half complete features :lol:
No, the Reason themes are built-in (not VST3) and they are not made by Noise Engineering. Is that what you are confused about? :lol:

Mataya
Posts: 238
Joined: 03 May 2019

Post 29 Jul 2021

Oh my God what an annoying Billy.

M

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Jul 2021

Mataya wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Oh my God what an annoying Billy.

M
Not as annoying as vst devices being posted on RT that don't work in Reason :thumbup:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jul 2021
No, the Reason themes are built-in (not VST3) and they are not made by Noise Engineering. Is that what you are confused about? :lol:
:lol: it must be my age :thumbup:
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Jul 2021

However it is good to hear that we might be getting some more NE RE's :clap:
Just to get back on topic ;)
P.s. I don't see being called annoying a personal attack so no need to lock the topic or warn the poster :lol:
Annoying is my default position
Last edited by Billy+ on 29 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 9057
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Mataya wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Oh my God what an annoying Billy.

M
Not as annoying as vst devices being posted on RT that don't work in Reason :thumbup:
Well VST3 support in Reason would be great, but you can still technically use these in Reason with something like Blue Cat's Patchwork...

But it sounds like more Noise Engineering REs might be coming anyways, so for this topic, that's more exciting IMO :thumbup:

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2795
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 29 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
29 Jul 2021


Not as annoying as vst devices being posted on RT that don't work in Reason :thumbup:
Well VST3 support in Reason would be great, but you can still technically use these in Reason with something like Blue Cat's Patchwork...

But it sounds like more Noise Engineering REs might be coming anyways, so for this topic, that's more exciting IMO :thumbup:
Agreed about the RE's but BCpw is not an option I find reasonable in V11 ;)
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4349
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 29 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
29 Jul 2021
Creativemind wrote:
29 Jul 2021


NE vst?
Noise Engineering - the topic :)
Oh ok. Lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 12.2 / Cockos Reaper 6.36 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Carly(Poohbear)
Posts: 2754
Joined: 25 Jan 2015
Location: UK

Post 29 Jul 2021

don't forget you can run these using the free Elements (or the $2 one) or Nektarine.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest