Transfuser2 stop working after update

Discuss VST stuff here!
DJDark2010

16 Apr 2019

Hi there,

Transfuser2 from AIR Music seems to fail with the new update of reason 10.3.
There are some, but not all samples of it´s factory soundbank failing to load.
With reason 10.2 there was no failure in loading samples.
I checked the file pathes but they are the same. Also tried to copy the soundbank to another drive with less cryptic pathes, but no luck at all.

What is changed in the loadingroutine of reason ?

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2019

Are you sure? I still have 10.2 and just tested it (again): the exact same sounds are missing in both versions. I don't think anything has changed at all regarding the loading. Transfuser seems to be finicky: it works in some DAWs and not in others...

DJDark2010

16 Apr 2019

In 10.2 it worked for me. hmmmmm ... interesting ... just tested an idea ... and it seems to work.

I did a copy of the content (.big file) ... and renamed it to .zip.
It looks to be just a zipped container, with all samples in it, because I can unzip it and have the sample now on my hd.
Will check, if it will load up , or if some of the samples are broken. also nice, they are rex files ;)

DJDark2010

16 Apr 2019

The loading problem is still there, but now I have the samples to play with ... also I can work now on my own presets. :roll:

WongoTheSane

16 Apr 2019

Yes, you can use all of those in Reason this way, but it's the Presets that are broken. I've even tried to unzip the .big files, and hard rename the paths inside the preset files, to no avail :(

DJDark2010

19 Apr 2019

I think I found the bug :)

There is a missmatch in the path for the samples. I compared two of the presets.
The one its working has only one backslash in the path to the filename. And the broken one has to backslashes in the path.
The problem now is, to find all the double slashed presets, change the pathes, and then transfer them back to its .big file ...
I don´t think they really use winzip or 7zip or maybe rar for its packing, even if you could unzip it with it.
But its a try to do it like that.

here is a snippet of the preset file, opened with the editor ...

functional:

<ContentInfo>16 bit, 2 channel, 44100 Hz, 3,4 sec (152101 frames)</ContentInfo>
<Content>$Transfuser Content/Audio/16 Bass Notes/PWM Bass 2 C.wav</Content>

not functional:

<ContentInfo>24 bit, 2 channel, 44100 Hz, 5,0 sec (218479 frames), 97,0 bpm</ContentInfo>
<Content>$Transfuser Content//Audio/09 Bass Loops/097_Bass Hard 13 Cm BF.rx2</Content> ... note the two backslashes after $Transfuser Content!

so the problem was not reason, but AIR :) - I will write them an EMAIL to hope they will provide a patch.

DJDark2010

19 Apr 2019

OK ... so simple as it seems, it is :)

they dont use a backslash in the path they use "/" :)

So I copy all the content of the expanded .big files to the user data directory.

Then I manualy edit the preset file with the hardcoded pathes, but not with backslash but with / ... an voila ... it works :)
Problem ... there are thousands of patches ... and I am very lazy XDDD

I think I will code a batch command to find the pathes and include the right one in it ... takes some time ... but I am happy that it works.

DJDark2010

19 Apr 2019

Ohhhhh my god ... how can a company program such a shit and release it ... there are thousands of bugs in it.
Its not to repair from a single mangling with files :(

There is only one reason ... contact the company itself and hope they will fix it.

argh ... if I edit one of the sample pathes ... it will corrupt other places and so on ...

WongoTheSane

19 Apr 2019

I've tried to replace those relatives paths with absolute ones with no success, but I have all the unpacked files already, so I'll give this a try tonight, it's a very interesting lead. FWIW, the .big files are just zip files with the first 8 bytes changed to something else IIRC, so it should be easy to fix with a hex editor (compress to zip, rename to .big, restore first 8 bytes). I'll report later on.

DJDark2010

19 Apr 2019

Okay ... at a hex byte I thought less LOL but that makes sense ...
I also contacted the support for their bug ... hope the will read the misstake they made and fix it for all other users ;)

Will take also a look at the hex bytes ... just have to find a good freeware hex editor xddd

WongoTheSane

19 Apr 2019

Well, nope, doesn't work. Instead of getting the Transfuser error message, I now get a Reason error message (can't open or find the file) instead...

ruso2018

19 Apr 2019

It is a well known bug. You can find protools users complaining about it in some forums.

The only solution I know is to avoid factory loops/presets.

DJDark2010

20 Apr 2019

To fix Transfuser2

First copy the .big files to an other location like: G:\Patch\

Go to the registry and find the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > AirMusicTech > Transfuser

now enter the patched Path to the registry content key:

Original is: C:\ProgramData\Air Music Technology\Transfuser

new one is: G:\Patch\ (your desired hdd or ssd ...)

Download patch and extract it to the same folder as your content lays.
Then start the patch.bat file provided from Ivan Smirnoff

it takes some time, because all files are now extracted to your usercontent folder and the pathes will be hard fixed.

After that enjoy.

You can also delete the .big files to save some space on the hd.
But remember, to save them to a safe place for patching it if you do a reinstall.

Keep that HOWTO also at a safe place. :)

Cheers DJDark & Ivan.

Link to the patcher: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsYb8I46a_o2gd4XlTh6PmOxZ6KBTQ

WongoTheSane

20 Apr 2019

Thanks DJDark2010, it works! Well, the presets still don't work, but the tracks do, which is a huge step forward.

I had to alter the script though; the first time it runs, it chokes on the line:

Set currentFolder = objFSO.GetFolder(sPath)

Supposing it was calling a folder before it was actually created, I added a couple of printf's before it, ran the script a second time and it worked. Please forward my thanks to Ivan as well!

• Information