KV331 SUPPORT ISSUE ! EDIT: SOLVED

Discuss VST stuff here!
RandyEspoda

05 Mar 2019

Their support is basically a joke and they deliberately ignore inquiries of customers, refusing any form of help or support.
Basically ignoring most mails, tickets and inquiries. I have a product which won't install anymore, and when trying to redownload the certificate file it refuses, uttering I don't have a license for it, though I had just submitted the serial in order to download. All cries for help are plainly ignored DELIBERATELY. I have sent mails to their support, via their email through PM and on their actual page.

For a company like that, they should be ashamed of themselves. So they sell me a plugin, which after a while no longer works because the serial that used to work doesn't anymore, and redownloading the cert file tells me I do not have a license for it, which i DO HAVE, I just submitted it to download the cert file ffs ! So they revoke a license I have BOUGHT and refuse any kind of support or even response. That is THEFT.

And this is the trend I keep seeing all over the place, it's always one of both extremes: either support is top notch and pretty incredible, or it is exactly opposite and basically non-existent and/or filled with incompetence and a serious lack of consideration for the customer.

To KV331: WHEN WE BUY SOMETHING WE EXPECT A LITTLE SUPPORT WHEN NECESSARY, OTHERWISE WE'D BE BETTER OF PIRATING YOUR CRAP !
Support is THE main reason why we buy your stuff. FFS !

If I could I would venture all the way to their main office in TURKEY (wtf ???) and ram this vst so far down their throat
that it comes back out the other side and they'll sh*t vst all week long. That's how pissed I am at those degenerate fucks.

Discuss...
Last edited by RandyEspoda on 13 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

05 Mar 2019

Now breath...breath...once more...breath...calm down...

I am with you man...Thanks for sharing this info. I gonna avoid them.
Reason12, Win10

Dabbler

05 Mar 2019

Blast them on twitter etc.

Wobbleburger

05 Mar 2019

Dabbler wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Blast them on twitter etc.
Ya this might work. I sent them a support request about 5 months ago. Never heard back. I had to check the plugin manager and enable their Synthmaster Player VST to fix it.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

miscend

05 Mar 2019

He normally posts on KVR forums. You can send him a PM there.

hurricane
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

I bought one of Bigtone's soundbanks and had issues getting a download. Tried KV's support and I got no response. Finally went to Bigtone himself and was like WTF? He then sent off an email to Gercek Dorman who is customer support at KV (gercekdorman@kv331audio.com) and that finally got their attention.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Mastrcode

05 Mar 2019

I was one of the very first people who got one of the first licenses when their first products were released. I've got a a serial number for the everything bundle which includes the licenses for all their products they released and will release. Never had any issues with my serial. Maybe there's a problem with their site or your browser at the moment. Maybe you use things like e.g. an adblocker with your browser which also can cause such problems in some cases. Or maybe you gave your serial to other people that they can download the plugs and they got informed about that and you losed your license because of that (because your serial is just for you and sharing your serial to other people is a kind of piracy and you will lose your licenses).

Seckin

06 Mar 2019

I'm actually in Turkey and I didn't know that it was a Turkish firm. I may try to contact them and help you.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

RandyEspoda

10 Mar 2019

Well, they finally got back to me after a huge ordeal, and after a bit more back and forth
he kind of apologized and more than made up for it on the spot.

I finally found that kvr forum as well.
It seems I'm far from the only one that got to be ignored,
but as I understand now he's kind of a one man show
and other than the kvr forum it seems very hard to get hold of them.

Lately they seem to have been a lot more reactive on that forum,
and now he gets alerted when kvr has new posts, but still there
is kind of an issue getting hold of their support directly.

So I eat my words, thieves they are not, rather straight-up,
but have always had issues with support and their servers.

I'm holding my heart for a next time I might need them, but as a test I did some
posts at kvr and he got back to me the next day, so it seems posting at kvr works a lot better...

Loque

10 Mar 2019

RandyEspoda wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Well, they finally got back to me after a huge ordeal, and after a bit more back and forth
he kind of apologized and more than made up for it on the spot.

I finally found that kvr forum as well.
It seems I'm far from the only one that got to be ignored,
but as I understand now he's kind of a one man show
and other than the kvr forum it seems very hard to get hold of them.

Lately they seem to have been a lot more reactive on that forum,
and now he gets alerted when kvr has new posts, but still there
is kind of an issue getting hold of their support directly.

So I eat my words, thieves they are not, rather straight-up,
but have always had issues with support and their servers.

I'm holding my heart for a next time I might need them, but as a test I did some
posts at kvr and he got back to me the next day, so it seems posting at kvr works a lot better...
Thanks for the headsup. Regardless of one-man-show or not, maybe he needs to pay someone for the support. On the other side, the prices of the devices will increase if he needs to pay more ppl. You get what you pay, or you pay what you get, or something like this...
Reason12, Win10

RandyEspoda

10 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2019

Thanks for the headsup. Regardless of one-man-show or not, maybe he needs to pay someone for the support. On the other side, the prices of the devices will increase if he needs to pay more ppl.
No prob mate, and all true. Still I'd be happy to pay a few quid more for a responsive support.
Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2019

You get what you pay, or you pay what you get, or something like this...
Not always it seems, cause they just gave me Synthmaster as compensation.
Has a few little bugs but in general better than anything I had before.
So I'm kinda glad it all worked out in the end :mrgreen:

Loque

10 Mar 2019

RandyEspoda wrote:
10 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2019

Thanks for the headsup. Regardless of one-man-show or not, maybe he needs to pay someone for the support. On the other side, the prices of the devices will increase if he needs to pay more ppl.
No prob mate, and all true. Still I'd be happy to pay a few quid more for a responsive support.
Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2019

You get what you pay, or you pay what you get, or something like this...
Not always it seems, cause they just gave me Synthmaster as compensation.
Has a few little bugs but in general better than anything I had before.
So I'm kinda glad it all worked out in the end :mrgreen:
Good to hear. :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

antic604

12 Mar 2019

RandyEspoda wrote:
05 Mar 2019
their main office in TURKEY (wtf ???)
What's wrong in having a main office in Turkey? :shock: :?

RandyEspoda

13 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
12 Mar 2019
RandyEspoda wrote:
05 Mar 2019
their main office in TURKEY (wtf ???)
Nothing. I was just going nuclear.
Turkey is a warm sunny place, so I imagined sunglasses and margeritas
and customers and work being ignored.
Apparently I was wrong and it's just one guy mainly running the show.

I found their forum on kvr now, the only place where you have a good shot at
getting hold of them.

eusti

13 Mar 2019

RandyEspoda wrote:
13 Mar 2019
antic604 wrote:
12 Mar 2019

Nothing. I was just going nuclear.
Turkey is a warm sunny place, so I imagined sunglasses and margeritas
and customers and work being ignored.
Apparently I was wrong and it's just one guy mainly running the show.

I found their forum on kvr now, the only place where you have a good shot at
getting hold of them.
Just a question: Now that you've been all taken care of, do you still feel the thread title is justified? If not you could change it by editing it in the first post of this thread. ;)

D.

akeia

13 Mar 2019

What is to learn here?

Before going nuclear it is always a good first step to ask in forums how to connect to companies. Most music software companies are small shops with shi**y websites or support mechanisms. I had similar problem in the past but all were solved after finding the right channel.

RandyEspoda

13 Mar 2019

eusti wrote:
13 Mar 2019

Just a question: Now that you've been all taken care of, do you still feel the thread title is justified? If not you could change it by editing it in the first post of this thread. ;)

D.
:thumbs_up:

• Information