Free Kilohearts VST crossgrade for RE

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

22 Jul 2018

Not sure about all details, but it looks like you can get a free cross grade to VST for all your RE. If you plan to buy the RE, check out their big bundle and Multipass for VST.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... earts%20AB
Reason12, Win10

PinkSlime

22 Jul 2018

Last year I crossgraded to their bundle, they were very helpful with the licences. Snapin and multipass are great, the way we would like the combinator to be in reason...

future-bit

22 Jul 2018

Last edited by future-bit on 07 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

22 Jul 2018

future-bit wrote:
22 Jul 2018
I send email to khz (I own One vst). No answer.
The offer says RE->VST, not VST->RE. And they are probably under heavy email contact atm.
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

23 Jul 2018

Besides the banner in the first post of this thread I haven't seen any announcement. And I wonder if it means:

"Buy one NEW RE from now on, and you'll get VST licenses for all your previously purchased RE's, either."

I still have one RE on my wishlist, so it could be an option for me. :)

Loque

23 Jul 2018

madmacman wrote:
23 Jul 2018
Besides the banner in the first post of this thread I haven't seen any announcement. And I wonder if it means:

"Buy one NEW RE from now on, and you'll get VST licenses for all your previously purchased RE's, either."

I still have one RE on my wishlist, so it could be an option for me. :)
Yea, i am not sure about this too. I find myself using the RE only, except if i use Multipass which works only with the VSTs.

The cool thing in the REs is the CV. Khs added nearly for everything CV, also note CV for a few devices. And I use their devices pretty often, handy, fast, good quality, focused on the job. Only sometimes i wish for some more features like break out in the delay, bigger range and note control for the pitch device and stuff like that.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

23 Jul 2018

Looks like the offer has been removed from the shop page...
Reason12, Win10

madmacman

23 Jul 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2018
Looks like the offer has been removed from the shop page...
Strange, the description text of all their plugins still has the same introduction:
LIMITED TIME OFFER: Since Reason now supports the VST plugin standard, it's possible to use Snap Heap and Multipass by Kilohearts in Reason to get more out of your other Kilohearts effects.

Make the most of what you have and cross-grade to VST now for free with any Kilohearts Rack Extension purchase.

To be eligible email support@kilohearts.com with proof of purchase. Cross-grades will be issued at the end of the promotion period, which ends Aug 5th.

jimmyklane

23 Jul 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2018

The cool thing in the REs is the CV. Khs added nearly for everything CV, also note CV for a few devices. And I use their devices pretty often, handy, fast, good quality, focused on the job. Only sometimes i wish for some more features like break out in the delay, bigger range and note control for the pitch device and stuff like that.
Can’t we simply use the CV Programmer in the VST versions? I do realize that there is no note/gate input, but it seems like that’s all that would be missing.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Loque

23 Jul 2018

jimmyklane wrote:
23 Jul 2018
Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2018

Can’t we simply use the CV Programmer in the VST versions? I do realize that there is no note/gate input, but it seems like that’s all that would be missing.
Yea, that should work too. But the difference is, that CV will be added to the current values where in VST it is like automation. The other thing is, the dedicated Note CV in - where i did not compared it to the normal cv in.
Reason12, Win10

bik44

23 Jul 2018

future-bit wrote:I send email to khz (I own One vst). No answer.
I send invoices last week and no answer too.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

joeyluck

23 Jul 2018

bik44 wrote:
23 Jul 2018
future-bit wrote:I send email to khz (I own One vst). No answer.
I send invoices last week and no answer too.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
Based on the Facebook post, all cross-grades will be issued after the promotion ends August 5.

joeyluck

23 Jul 2018

Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2018
jimmyklane wrote:
23 Jul 2018

Yea, that should work too. But the difference is, that CV will be added to the current values where in VST it is like automation. The other thing is, the dedicated Note CV in - where i did not compared it to the normal cv in.
This. And having both is really handy. For more simple effect chains, I use the REs first. For CV stuff, I also use the REs of course. But when it comes to programming combined effects, I really enjoy Multipass/Snap Heap more than the Combinator. It's a much better workflow IMO.

jimmyklane

23 Jul 2018

joeyluck wrote:
23 Jul 2018
Loque wrote:
23 Jul 2018

This. And having both is really handy. For more simple effect chains, I use the REs first. For CV stuff, I also use the REs of course. But when it comes to programming combined effects, I really enjoy Multipass/Snap Heap more than the Combinator. It's a much better workflow IMO.
Having 8 parameters to automate trumps 4....even though VST is CV control and the Combinator is both CV and track automation....you can always automate the CV itself which allows for some interesting possibilities like (low) audio-rate modulations of parameters not necessarily intended for that type or speed of modulation. I’ve always wanted to have some of my physical synths with plugin editors specifically to use inside Reason for this very purpose. As it stands, (and as an aside) I love using the CC input on the EMI for this purpose, and have yet to explore much in the way of automating VSTs in this manner.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

kitekrazy

25 Jul 2018

Any verdict on whether this is legit?

Kilohearts_Per

31 Jul 2018

Hi! Sorry for not answering earlier. We're all away on vacation at the moment.

The cross-grades are RE to VST only, and only applies if you made a purchase during the promotion period.

We will get back to everyone who emailed when the promo period is over.

Cheers / Per @ Kilohearts

KnowKontrol

09 Aug 2018

Curious, if the crossgrade was only duing that peirod, shouldn't it have mentioned that? like have a *purchased from today till end of promo period* or something like that? We were lucky enough to get Europa as a crossgrade, and I use other daws other than reason also. It seems rough to be passed by on this. Its also unfortunate to have received a response saying that the offer would not be honored until after the promotional period had ended. Its a shame, I use Kilohearts stuff a lot while working within reason, would have been nice to apply my library to other "professional" projects. Is this something that can be reconsidered? It sucks to have been left out in the cold as I do like your stuff.
Kilohearts_Per wrote:
31 Jul 2018
Hi! Sorry for not answering earlier. We're all away on vacation at the moment.

The cross-grades are RE to VST only, and only applies if you made a purchase during the promotion period.

We will get back to everyone who emailed when the promo period is over.

Cheers / Per @ Kilohearts

Loque

09 Aug 2018

KnowKontrol wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Curious, if the crossgrade was only duing that peirod, shouldn't it have mentioned that? like have a *purchased from today till end of promo period* or something like that?
"Purchase until 5th august", says the screenshot.
Reason12, Win10

KnowKontrol

09 Aug 2018

Loque wrote:
09 Aug 2018
KnowKontrol wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Curious, if the crossgrade was only duing that peirod, shouldn't it have mentioned that? like have a *purchased from today till end of promo period* or something like that?
Correct purchased until, not between, until, meaning up to this point.

Loque

09 Aug 2018

KnowKontrol wrote:
09 Aug 2018
Loque wrote:
09 Aug 2018

Correct purchased until, not between, until, meaning up to this point.
Advocates :-D :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

KnowKontrol

14 Aug 2018

Looks like their solution to the issue is a 10% coupon :/, not even the cross grade for pay on this site which generally is less. This makes me sad. I could have gotten a 10% coupon for them off a coupon site. To a point I get it, they dont want to cross-grade their highest level product, because I own pretty much everything they make for reason. The cross grade would have strengthened my commitment to buying their products and suggesting it to my producer friends. I just wish I didn't get my hopes up to use the same software in my other DAW's. :( They broke my KiloHeart.

Kilohearts_Per

15 Aug 2018

We're actually not super happy with the way things are right now either. We don't like the hassle of having to explain the difference between our offer depending on your DAW, and we would love to give everyone REs along with the other formats (VST, AAX, AU) when buying our plugins. But REs are exclusively sold by PH in the shop, and we are not able to give them away. PH will charge for them, and then give us our cut.

This means that while we could do free cross-grades from RE to VST at our own discretion, we can't do it the other way around, and that would inevitably lead to more people feeling tricked. It also takes time for us to handle the requests, so that's a cost. So we do it the same way PH does it, with a 50% discount. And that's also why we do these time-limited free cross-grade promos from time to time.

About the start date: Yes, sorry. Big mistake by me not being more specific. I'll try to do better next time.

Loque

15 Aug 2018

Kilohearts_Per wrote:
15 Aug 2018
We're actually not super happy with the way things are right now either. We don't like the hassle of having to explain the difference between our offer depending on your DAW, and we would love to give everyone REs along with the other formats (VST, AAX, AU) when buying our plugins. But REs are exclusively sold by PH in the shop, and we are not able to give them away. PH will charge for them, and then give us our cut.

This means that while we could do free cross-grades from RE to VST at our own discretion, we can't do it the other way around, and that would inevitably lead to more people feeling tricked. It also takes time for us to handle the requests, so that's a cost. So we do it the same way PH does it, with a 50% discount. And that's also why we do these time-limited free cross-grade promos from time to time.

About the start date: Yes, sorry. Big mistake by me not being more specific. I'll try to do better next time.
This is life....

I appreciate your work for the REs and the great plugins you produce. I have all your stuff and use it very often. You did well in the past and i am sure you will do in the future too. Thanks a lot!
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

15 Aug 2018

For readers of Computer Music, you might have noticed this for next month! :puf_smile:
Included with the issue will be kHs Trance Gate, Reverser, and Pitch Shifter.

CM-261.jpg
CM-261.jpg (187.87 KiB) Viewed 2947 times

I definitely recommend downloading the current kHs free offerings, including Snap Heap and the free snapins: 3-Band EQ, Chorus, Delay, Gain, Limiter, Stereo...and perhaps picking up the CM issue when it's released to grab Trance Gate, Reverser, and Pitch Shifter. Snap Heap/Multipass is fun to program!

Looks like CM will also be reviewing Propellerhead's Europa in that issue.

KnowKontrol

15 Aug 2018

Kilohearts_Per wrote:
15 Aug 2018

For sure I get that not every aspect is easy to oversee, and I already own the RE versions of everything not the VSTi ones. ( :D so it kinda fits the your discretion situation) .

Like other say... when using reason I also have something Kilo involved in most tracks or vocal chains, since they are so physically small and sound great. o_O i think KiloHearts One was the first RE i purchased.

• Information