Can midi output be routed?

Discuss VST stuff here!
kajito

20 Mar 2018

Sorry if this question has been asked before but can a midi output from a VST be routed in Reason 10? I just purchased midiguitar 2 and I can't get it to record midi but it will play the built-in sounds.

Loque

21 Mar 2018

Not directly. You can try a midi loop back, EMI or try a Combinator trick with RPG-8, just put your instrument into a Combinator, add an RPG-8 to the Combinator without any connections, turn the RPG-8 and play the Combinator. Now you can grab CV note, gate, MW and PB from the RPG-8 and route it via CV from the backside of RPG-8 to any other device. Note, that this is monophonic only.
Reason12, Win10

kajito

21 Mar 2018

So this won't work with chords just melodic lines rights? If so its better than nothing thanks bro. I know Reason is young in VST but hopefully, Propellerhead will take notice of this issue and fix it in a future update.

midijl

27 Mar 2018

If you are on Windows already described a way perfectly working :
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7505194
Works with free version of Blue Cat's PatchWork ...

guitfnky

28 Mar 2018

I just got this same software on Saturday. it's a pretty straightforward process once you know what to do. took probably less than 5 minutes to get set up. I got the instructions right from their support page: http://www.jamorigin.com/docs/daw/#toggle-id-11

you have to use it in standalone mode (so make sure you have that installed), but it works really well, and I haven't encountered any real issues with latency, using it that way. it allows for all of the normal functionality (so it's not limited to monophonic playing). the only downside to doing it this way, that I can tell, is that you have to open it in standalone mode, and turn down the output in MG2 so that you're hearing the Reason synths instead.

I haven't tried it, but you should also be able to play and record the MIDI that way, while playing the VST version of MG2 from within Reason; that way you should still be able to use any of the 'in-the-box' sounds that MG2 provides. hopefully that makes sense. sort of Reason VST Inception...

it's an awesome piece of software. hope you enjoy it as much as I am! :puf_smile:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information