DrOxctoRex Volume Issue

Reason 9.5 Bug/Issue forum
Mistro17

Post 01 Jan 2019

Every time I load up a DrOctoRex to try out some drum loops, it works fine until about 30 seconds in when the player's volume randomly goes really low seemingly for no reason. The volume comes back after loading another set but goes right back to going really low as tho there is something interfering with it. Is this a known thing to happen?

selig

Post 01 Jan 2019

Odd stuff like this is almost always a physical controller with knobs/sliders that send intermittent data out from time to time.

Is the volume control on Dr OctaRex actually moving down? And do you have a physical controller attached? If so, try turning it off and see if it still happens (or disconnect). The “fix” is to move the control that affects volume up and down (called “exercising” the control) and it should clear things up. You may have to move a few knobs before you identify which one is causing the trouble.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Mistro17

Post 01 Jan 2019

selig wrote:
01 Jan 2019
Odd stuff like this is almost always a physical controller with knobs/sliders that send intermittent data out from time to time.

Is the volume control on Dr OctaRex actually moving down? And do you have a physical controller attached? If so, try turning it off and see if it still happens (or disconnect). The “fix” is to move the control that affects volume up and down (called “exercising” the control) and it should clear things up. You may have to move a few knobs before you identify which one is causing the trouble.

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tips. I loaded up another DrRex to investigate and of course now it's working with no volume issue. I have an AKAIMPK49 attached. I noticed the mod wheel was not down on the Akai and I set it to match DrRex. I have no idea if that have anything to do with the issue though. If/when it happens again, I will unplug my keyboard and see if it works.

• Information