SOLVED - Missing VST

Reason 9.5 Bug/Issue forum
strangers

Post 01 Dec 2018

I bought a few Softube VSTs during the black Friday/Cyber Week sales. All work perfectly in Reason 9.5 except for one - Softube Tape. All dll files are sitting in the exact same folder with Reason set to scan that folder upon startup. I can see every Softube VST except for Tape. I've done the usual uninstall/reinstall, ensure everything is up to date, change file location, you name it. Still no luck getting this plugin to show up.

I've contacted Softube support but they've unfortunately left me hanging after a couple simple questions such as have I downloaded the most recent files and are all plugins current version. Kind of surprised they've completed stopped responding to me. I'd reeeeally appreciated anyone who can help me out here. I can pull up the plugin in other DAWs without any issues so it's only isolated to Reason.
Last edited by strangers on 05 Dec 2018, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg

Post 01 Dec 2018

I really don’t like that ”well we don’t have a problem getting it to work at our end” attitude that a number of developers have. I Guess maybe they don’t have a problem getting it to work at their end but when they stop responding, as you say, after the stock answers it’s pretty bugging. Line 6 are experts at doing that in my experience.

strangers

Post 05 Dec 2018

I was able to figure this out after doing some poking around within Reason. I'd like to share my findings to hopefully help anyone else that may be stuck with this same predicament.

Top Menu -> Window -> Manage Plugins

Search through the list. This list is made up of every plugin Reason scans upon startup. Any that have launch issues are marked "could not be loaded" and automatically disabled. Simply highlight the problem VST, hit enable in the bottom corner, close Reason, re-open Reason and, BOOM, you're set.

I'm guessing Reason disables plugins for good until manually enabled to cut down on the initial scan time? Whatever the reason is the above worked for me. Hope this helps others.

moneykube

Post 07 Dec 2018

one thing weird I found europa vst not loading reason??? What is the latest version?... and there are still some plugs that will not load even after this fix(so they must be vs3 or corrupt)... even crashed scanning once... vk1 vst won't load either but I recently bought the rack... the 4 others that won't load... no real loss... don't need them.. too many now lol

• Information