Tutorial section keep appearing randomly

Reason 9.5 Bug/Issue forum
seqoi

Post 31 Oct 2018

I noticed that sometimes Tutorial section keep appear randomly.

Yes i double checked and YES my "Always show Tutorial area" is definitely 100% off and no i am not enabling Tutorial area accidentally by going in Reason Window - Show Tutorial

It just keep popping out on random occasions especially if i have default Template opened. Then i open session. I close it and then in my Template i see Tutorial appearing out of a sudden.

Reason 10.2 - latest
Win 10 x64

Loque

Post 31 Oct 2018

I might noticed this aswell, but did not investigated it yet.
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

Namyo85

Post 31 Oct 2018

I can tell you partly why this is. When I used the demo of Reason 10, unselecting 'show tutorial area' doesn't actually disable it or anything like that, it simply hides the tutorial selection bar. If you put your mouse pointer to the right of the screen, the pointer changes to those sideways arrows and you can actually drag the tutorial out. I don't know why it appears randomly by itself though.

pushedbutton

Post 31 Oct 2018

I think it happened to me when I opened an old file (version 9) in 10.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint. https://allihoopa.com/pushedbutton#

https://allihoopa.com/s/g5yj2m1B

seqoi

Post 03 Nov 2018

Thanks guys for your report. I am glad it is not just me going mad...Hopefully PH see this report.

Have some nice weekend and make some music.

PhillipOrdonez

Post 03 Nov 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
31 Oct 2018
I can tell you partly why this is. When I used the demo of Reason 10, unselecting 'show tutorial area' doesn't actually disable it or anything like that, it simply hides the tutorial selection bar. If you put your mouse pointer to the right of the screen, the pointer changes to those sideways arrows and you can actually drag the tutorial out. I don't know why it appears randomly by itself though.
Yeah, it pops out when one drags from right to left at the border.
Kjempefint :)

Namyo85

Post 08 Nov 2018

I've discovered it only does this when all windows are combined or on the separated sequencer window, it can't be dragged out of the rack and mixer windows. Something else occurred to me, even though it's hidden, it's still active, therefore I'm thinking is it using unnecessary dsp!? :lightbulb:

• Information