Some quick but important points regarding the testing

Reason 9.5 Bug/Issue forum
skatebird

Post 28 Apr 2017

• Do not use the test builds for your production work! Songs saved in Reason 9.5 Beta cannot be opened in Reason 9, and song and patch formats might change (possibly making your songs impossible to open in the release version). So make sure to only work on copies of your songs when beta testing!
  • The testing (logging) builds are MUCH slower than the release builds, so you can’t compare performance between the Reason 9.5 testing builds and your current Reason or Reason Essentials. Towards the end of the testing period we will put out “release candidates” (called RCs) without the logging code. Then you can compare!
  • When testing you might get an error message called an Assert. Asserts are warnings from the logging code that Reason has gotten into a non-allowed state. A dialog will appear, and Reason will probably quit after clicking Continue a couple of times. A folder with logs will be created on your desktop. Please zip this folder and report as a bug to us. If possible, write a descriptive title like “Assert when doing Bounce to MIDI for Vocal clip”, instead of just “Assert” :)
  • Please write short and concise bug reports. List steps on how to reproduce the bug if needed, and the expected vs actual result. If the bug requires a special setup, attach a song to the case with the setup. Attach a picture to demonstrate graphical issues, or videos if more suitable. Create one bug report for each bug you find.
  • If you find a problem with a specific VST, please check if you can reproduce the problem in another VST host. In that case it is probably a bug in the VST, rather than Reason.
Example bug report:
  1. Create a VST FX
  2. Send audio through it, and hear the effect applied
  3. Set bypass switch to Bypass
  • Expected result: effect from step 2 should not be heard
  • Actual result: no audio at all (same as bypass = OFF)
Last edited by skatebird on 18 May 2017, edited 2 times in total.
I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it. - John Cage

JiggyWig

Post 29 Apr 2017

Is there any advice regarding reporting hangs? If I force kill the app ( on OS X ) are there partial logs I can pick up and send in.
( I've had quite a few hangs replacing/adding VST effects in combinators )

Koshdukai

Post 29 Apr 2017

JiggyWig wrote:Is there any advice regarding reporting hangs? If I force kill the app ( on OS X ) are there partial logs I can pick up and send in.
( I've had quite a few hangs replacing/adding VST effects in combinators )
Check these for the latest batch of *.log and *.dmp files:
described at https://www.propellerheads.se/betatest/ ... n=bug_form

Windows: My Documents\Propellerhead Logs\Reason Logs
Mac OS: ~/Library/Logs/Propellerhead Software/Reason Logs

Windows: My Documents\Propellerhead Logs\Reason Engine Logs
Mac OS: ~/Library/Logs/Propellerhead Software/Reason Engine Logs

On Mac, the user Library folder is hidden by default. To find it, select "Go To Folder..." from the Go menu in Finder, and paste:
~/Library/Logs/Propellerhead Software
If you see any of those with recent date+time, it's a good bet those are your latest session logs. With any luck, some may have the reason ( :cool: ) of the hang/crash

JiggyWig

Post 02 May 2017

Thanks, will do!

EDIT: Ahh, just noticed I find find them quite easily in the Console utility app.

• Information