VST or Channels cause Performance Problem?

Reason 9.5 Bug/Issue forum
diekehle

23 Apr 2018

Hey,

i know i am not the first one to have a questions regarding the performance of Reason. But i will explain my issue here.

I use Reason on a Macbook Pro see hard- and software details below.

I use a template that i have created myself. Couldn't upload the File, below you will find a Dropbox link. It combines two NN-XTs in a combinator which includes drum sounds. I use all 16 outs of the two NN-XTs an rout them to the mixer. Stereo Channels go Mono via spider so that i have 32 Outs of the NN-XTs. Each Out got his own Channel on the mixer. So that i can control every drum by his own channel. The Kick and Snares are also rout through spiders to create sidechain-chanels. I also created "empty" Mixer Channels for devices with side-chaining applied to it.

I also run an Akai MPD 226, Nektar Impact 25LX and the Icon Plattform M with Reason.

When i use the preset and put just 2 or 3 VST in (Arturia for example or Togu Line) Macbook starts freezing and stop playing sound. After maybe 10 sek it will work/play again but with stutter sound included. Also the standard information regarding appears that the Computer is too slow.

So there are just 3 VSTs and 2 NN-XT and may two compressors or eq running.

Does it mean i have too much mixer channels who are causing the problem? Because i couldn't think that 3 VST and the 2 NN-XT causing these Problems. Does it make it a performance problem when too much VST are installed?

As a note: I already read all the "Optimise" Reason Blog Articles. Did all the necessary stuff. But the Problem is still there. Help or an Info would be much appreciated.

The Template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yvpenh93a431 ... n.zip?dl=0

Reason 9.5.2d21
macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

NI Komplete Audio 6
MacBookPro Retina 15" Mid 2015
2,8 Ghz Intel Core i7
16 GB Ram
AMD Radeon R9 m370x 2048 MB

diekehle

27 Apr 2018

Problem solved for now by deselecting Hyperthreading in the Settings. It seems that they have a Problem running Reason 9.5.2 under macOS High Sierra regarding the hyperthreading. So just disable it and it should run like always.

• Information