Reason 9.51 can't download default soundbanks.

Reason 9.5 Bug/Issue forum
DonGeolog

13 Sep 2017

Hello!
I wanted to try reason, but i can't start it. Upon open it starts to download factory soundbanks, and then quit wit complaining about missing soundbanks.
So, i downloaded the full package, copied manually ID8.dat, Factory Sound Bank.rfl and Orkester.rfl to /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks
To their respective folders: ID8, Reason 9 and Orkester.
Now app on start does not tell me about some files, but starts to download the only missing file: Reason Patch Collection.rfl (88mb).
But the problem is the same. It creates 2 files in Reason 9: Reason Patch Collection.rf and Reason Patch Collection.rf.phdownload, both are 0 bytes. And after downloading 88mbs, it deletes Reason Patch Collection.rfl and complains about missing file.
I checked downloaded image, there is no Reason Patch Collection.rfl file there, only ID8.dat, Factory Sound Bank.rfl and Orkester.rfl.

I tried to contact propellerhead support, but the support is nonexistent (at least for me).
Is there any way to get that 88mb file or to fix the download process?

Loque

13 Sep 2017

It cannot be downloaded manually, it should be in the installer: https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason9/
:reason: 9.5.1 Win10 64Bit.

DonGeolog

13 Sep 2017

No, there is no such file in installer dmg.

Loque

13 Sep 2017

You installed this package?

If that does not work, you might have a problem with the downloads from within Reason you might want to fix. Did you checked your security settings like firewall and stuff?
:reason: 9.5.1 Win10 64Bit.

DonGeolog

13 Sep 2017

I have no firewall, download is working (reason creates temporary file and its size is increasing). And the progress bar is going ok.

• Information