The future of the allihoopa button

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pushedbutton

15 Jan 2019

now would be a good time to swap the allihoopa button out for 'export to mp3'.
yeah i know, everyone hates mp3, but y'know, it's something to do.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

joeyluck

15 Jan 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
15 Jan 2019
Yeah I'd love to see some sort of quick share function, whether it's a button or under the File menu...

This request comes up often and mp3 export would be handy for those of us who are constantly sharing drafts; exporting wav/aiff, encoding to mp3, emailing the mp3, getting responses with opinions and requests, making edits, and then doing it all again within moments... And after doing all that each time, having to delete the redundant, larger file of the wav/aiff we exported only to create an mp3 from it to email.

So going a bit further with the suggestion, something that incorporates mp3 with a quick share, such as "share as...(wav, aiff, mp3)" (to email, to Google Drive, etc.) would be slick. I'd be happy of course with just mp3 export, and then being able to upload or attach it, removing the steps of encoding and deleting the larger file... but might as well find some workflow improvement within there that would benefit everybody.

WeLoveYouToo

16 Jan 2019

yes, replace it with an mp3 option would be a godsend (or flac)
i essentially use alihoopa as a way to share works in progress anyways, so to me the button is a "share with collaborator" button regardless of the format, and mp3 is fairly ubiquitous and teh small file size makes it easy to send with bad connections, email file size limits, old flash drives with 10 mb left on them, etc

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
15 Jan 2019
Yep!!!!!
+1
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Wee Joe

16 Jan 2019

+1, This would be Great, I am forever sending mp3's for people to listen to, before the final mix, and have to use 3rd party software.

pushedbutton

22 Jan 2019

Let's hope we get something.
My google drive is busy enough without hosting my noises.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

jappe

22 Jan 2019

Export to emastered.com would be cool!
Or even export to custom online mastering site.
Export to Reason mastering project for those who want to go full Reason. Combine that with a Reason Mastering Wave editor accessible from Reason mastering projects.

moneykube

26 Jan 2019

+1 :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information