Korg Gadget LE for Mac - FREE! With drop-to-Allihoopa Support!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

26 May 2017

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/0526/

Released alongside Korg Gadget 1.1.0:

We are also proud to announce that a free lite version, "KORG Gadget Le for Mac", has now also been released.. It features five carefully chosen gadgets and allows anyone making music to easily find the sounds they desire. Try the seamless and intuitive musical production characteristic of KORG Gadget for yourself - enjoy!

KORG Gadget Le for Mac
Version 1.1.0 Main features

・Experience the appeal of KORG Gadget with the free Lite version.
・Use five standard gadgets and tracks.
・Additional and extended functions are provided when connecting a KORG MIDI Controller.

Heater

26 May 2017

I've never hit the download button faster. LOL.

joeyluck

26 May 2017

Heater wrote:I've never hit the download button faster. LOL.
Yeah this is pretty great! Was kind of hoping it would also install VSTs for the 5 gadgets included. But figured that was wishful thinking.
Having some fun with this. I dropped something to Allihoopa, but doesn't look like the Gadget LE side of the site is live yet. I can only view my piece when I'm logged in and the Gadget LE page is incomplete https://allihoopa.com/apps/gadgetle
But it will be fixed soon I'm sure. And then I'll see if my drop registered as the first!

lzap

26 May 2017

I tried the LE version, feels like a toy.

joeyluck

26 May 2017

lzap wrote:I tried the LE version, feels like a toy.
It's free and I'm having some fun with it. I plugged in my Korg MicroKEY 37 and got access to three more gadgets. And I still have access to them when it's not plugged in.

fieldframe
RE Developer

26 May 2017

joeyluck wrote:
It's free and I'm having some fun with it. I plugged in my Korg MicroKEY 37 and got access to three more gadgets. And I still have access to them when it's not plugged in.
Wait, having Korg gear unlocks more gadgets? Will my NanoKey work? Will I get more gadgets if I plug in my Monologue? :)

joeyluck

27 May 2017

fieldframe wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Wait, having Korg gear unlocks more gadgets? Will my NanoKey work? Will I get more gadgets if I plug in my Monologue? :)
Yup! NanoKey should work! It just unlocks 3 more gadgets, not additional per Korg controller ;)

Galaxy

27 May 2017

joeyluck wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Yup! NanoKey should work! It just unlocks 3 more gadgets, not additional per Korg controller ;)
What happens if you own other korg gear, like hardware synths? Does it need to have a USB connection and be a controller?

joeyluck

27 May 2017

Galaxy wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
What happens if you own other korg gear, like hardware synths? Does it need to have a USB connection and be a controller?
All I know is what the description says:
Additional and extended functions are provided when connecting a KORG MIDI Controller.
You could always try it out and report back :puf_smile:

fieldframe
RE Developer

27 May 2017

NanoKey 2: Unlocked Brussels, Miami, and Chiang Mai.
Monologue: No result (though it might unlock the same three that the NanoKey did)

joeyluck

27 May 2017

fieldframe wrote:NanoKey 2: Unlocked Brussels, Miami, and Chiang Mai.
Monologue: No result (though it might unlock the same three that the NanoKey did)
I believe it's the same for everything. I got the same three with my MicroKEY 37.

Galaxy

28 May 2017

The only korg product I have with USB is the sq-1, doubt that would register as a controller :S

• Information