Future Allihoopa ideas

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RandomSkratch

15 Mar 2017

So I had an idea this morning about Allihoopa and the possibilities it could provide.

Currently I have Reason installed on a few different computers (don't believe this violates ToS as I'm only logged into one at a time), but keeping stuff in sync between the two is where it gets tricky.

I use dropbox and if I remember to save the song into that folder it will show up on other systems but if I forget then I have to manually transfer using USB or whatever. Being able to save your song to Allihoopa as an actual Reason file and then load it up on another computer seamlessly would be really slick. When saving a song you could have a check box to enable Allihoopa or something similar to the "Upload To Allihoopa" button in the transport. Then once on the site I could select Open song on another computer and it would show you your Allihoopa profile and the tracks available. Once opened it would cache locally, but if it already existed, would need to perform a diff on the files to see most recent (kind of like how video game cloud saves work?) Would need to have some sort of versioning built in or even just ask "Would you like to use the online version or locally - replace online with local or vice versa?".

Then once it's on the site and you wanted to do a collab with someone you could "Share with so-and-so" which would give them access to the actual song file (like how Google Docs works and their share feature. There's a shared with me tab ). Or when you want to remix someone elses track you would have the ability to say whether they get the full song file or just audio. Or if you didn't want people to see your patches or what-have-you, you could say remixers get stems...but you would need to stem your song before hand...even just metadata grouping, not actually bouncing...a bit extra work but would go further for the whole collaboration thing.

This could also be expanded to saving patches and combinators too. You would have a location that would host all of these automatically so when you create a wicked combinator patch and log in elsewhere to work on music you can have access to it.

Right now it's no different than SoundCloud... with super likes..(twirls finger)... could be so much more!

craven

15 Mar 2017

I would like to be able to import Figure tracks through Allihoopa to Reason as midi data and the according instrument settings (Thor, Kong) together with all the automation and effects. I assume Props would create combinators to emulate the different Figure instruments (I assume that is how figure kinda works anyway). That would be awesome! One can dream :)
:ugeek:

RandomSkratch

15 Mar 2017

craven wrote:I would like to be able to import Figure tracks through Allihoopa to Reason as midi data and the according instrument settings (Thor, Kong) together with all the automation and effects. I assume Props would create combinators to emulate the different Figure instruments (I assume that is how figure kinda works anyway). That would be awesome! One can dream :)
Yep I feel the same way too and when I finally tried it was gravely disappointed when I just saw a wav...

etyrnal

15 Mar 2017

RandomSkratch wrote: Being able to save your song to Allihoopa as an actual Reason file and then load it up on another computer seamlessly would be really slick.

...until it's a multi gigabyte song

RandomSkratch

15 Mar 2017

etyrnal wrote:
RandomSkratch wrote: Being able to save your song to Allihoopa as an actual Reason file and then load it up on another computer seamlessly would be really slick.

Of course there's going to be limits.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

17 Mar 2017

Yeah it wouldn't take long to fill up a reasonable space limit with Reason song files, especially if the majority of the project is multiple audio takes. Google gives any non paying user 17GB per account, and I can't see PH being able to budget nearly that amount of space for every user with an account. I think Drop Box is the way to go for collaboration project files and essentially it should be up to them to find eachother. Maybe PH could find a way to match them together? I guess Allihoopa does that function if they're looking for collabs.

Josdams

18 Mar 2017

What about add a comercial platform to allihoopa for reason users so could sell their tracks world wide knowing their rights will be protected by Propellerhead as they have the evidence that the track was uploaded through Reason which is related with it's owner ?

SA Studio

19 Mar 2017

It's 2017.

I personally think we could devise a better service than Allihoopa on a Facebook Group page.

WeTransfer is simply one solution for file sharing - that and Sendspace = Both wonderful Free file sharing services I use with studios and people all the time.

At least, by now, seeing Allihoopa get to the point where full Reason file-sharing was at least an option would be a good thing.

RandomSkratch

19 Mar 2017

I'm happy to see at least I'm not the only one who thinks the service could be much more. Hopefully we see something better. Even the ability to see the actual song file of a Figure track inside Reason would be a great start. The whole premise of Figure being a starting point for tracks in Reason doesn't work as it stands now.

RandomSkratch

20 Mar 2017

etyrnal wrote:

So I just saw this today

https://blend.io/

They just released unlimited storage for music projects and have additional features like collaboration, distribution, buy/sell, etc.

http://blog.blend.io/ <-- more details

So if someone else can do it, no reason Allihoopa can't.

etyrnal

20 Mar 2017

RandomSkratch wrote:
etyrnal wrote:

So I just saw this today

https://blend.io/

They just released unlimited storage for music projects and have additional features like collaboration, distribution, buy/sell, etc.

http://blog.blend.io/ <-- more details

So if someone else can do it, no reason Allihoopa can't.
How does the Blend site make its money?

RandomSkratch

20 Mar 2017

etyrnal wrote: How does the Blend site make its money?
No idea as I've never heard of it before but on first look I see they sell plugins and have a marketplace for songs. I'm guessing a cut of said sales?

gak

21 Mar 2017

I haven't uploaded anything in ages. Here are my complaints about the whole PH music upload since the beginning.

-can't lock a song
-or alternately, can't keep others from changing your song.
-no way to source the original song maker
-absolute crap quality

That's enough. If they've fixed something here, let me know. If not I don't care.

• Information