"Allihoopa could be the next Swedish music export success"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

selig
RE Developer

21 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:An interview with Allihoopa's CEO, Gustaf Kellner:

http://studio.idg.se/2.1078/1.675904/al ... ign=buffer
Is there an english version?
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

21 Feb 2017

selig wrote:

I let Google Chrome translate it for me. It read well.

Djstarski

21 Feb 2017

selig wrote:

I got my browser which is google to Translate for me .

selig
RE Developer

21 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:
selig wrote:

I let Google Chrome translate it for me. It read well.
Oh yea, doh, thanks very muchly.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

ejanuska

21 Feb 2017

How are they measuring success? Users? Uploads? It sure isn't money because they don't mention money at all.
It's easy for anyone to generate "music" given the mobile and desktop tools, automated generators, etc. On top of that its super easy to put something together and just click it to Alihoopa. So of course their cloud is full of music. The apps are cheap or free so of course they have a lot of users.

tiker01

21 Feb 2017

So an Allihoopa App is coming. Good to know!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dioxide

21 Feb 2017

Could be. Anything could happen. Kind of the same thing when people talk about something that has potential.

ejanuska

23 Feb 2017

They may be betting the farm on the supposed upcoming mobile Reason (see last job posting).

The great repository for tablet music production from the bathroom. Should have called it "Alipoopa"

Peter

24 Feb 2017

ejanuska wrote:The great repository for tablet music production from the bathroom. Should have called it "Alipoopa"
My thoughts exactly. I don't see how any artist worth their weight in salt could partake in such nonsense other than for amusement with mediocre output.

ltbrunt00

24 Feb 2017

how does this work for copyright protection? I have never used Allihoopa.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Breach The Sky

24 Feb 2017

ltbrunt00 wrote:how does this work for copyright protection? I have never used Allihoopa.
As I understand it, by uploading to Allihoopa your music can be used by anyone as they see fit without even having to credit you, which is the reason I would never use it more than to -maybe- upload some crappy experiments or something...

SA Studio

24 Feb 2017

ejanuska wrote:They may be betting the farm on the supposed upcoming mobile Reason (see last job posting).

The great repository for tablet music production from the bathroom. Should have called it "Alipoopa"
I'm not the only one makes Allipoopa music? :O No, really. I honestly came to find that is the best use of said service. No offense at all meant, it could simply be so much more than it ever was. For me, it was always rough watching Discovery get launched at the same time Pro Tools launched their collaboration service - which was/is kind of like a Facebook for PT users that lets them easily interact with each other, while bolstering nice looking profiles. Would have been nice to have seen Discovery turn into that. It should have been that from the start, in my opinion.

What we got instead, and the culmination of "Discovery", ended up being a very basic file sharing experience that scared many people away due to the terms and agreements. **

**I wasn't going to post because I don't want to upset anyone here who is sensitive to criticism. I'm still every much of a Reason fan as I've ever been = However, the person right above said this:

"Allihoopa your music can be used by anyone as they see fit without even having to credit you, which is the reason I would never use it more than to -maybe- upload some crappy experiments or something..."

Thus supporting the point I was withholding as to not make hard feelings. The terms scared many people away.

"My thoughts exactly. I don't see how any artist worth their weight in salt could partake in such nonsense other than for amusement with mediocre output."

No, and we shouldn't feel bad about sharing our opinion of the quality of Discovery/Allihoopa. It honestly is the lowest rung on the file-sharing ladder. It's swapping lossy MP3's that you just stack more lossy takes on top of. Soundcloud is better at doing what Alihoopa does...and it's Soundcloud.

More than that, I don't even know much about webdesign, but I gurantee I could devise a site that would have profiles and interactivity between users and manage it with 5 people, if even that. What we were given, could have been a LOT better.
Or maybe better said, I just have high expectations. Theres always that :puf_bigsmile: :reason:

QVprod

24 Feb 2017

SA Studio wrote:
ejanuska wrote:They may be betting the farm on the supposed upcoming mobile Reason (see last job posting).

I'm not the only one makes Allipoopa music? :O No, really. I honestly came to find that is the best use of said service. No offense at all meant, it could simply be so much more than it ever was. For me, it was always rough watching Discovery get launched at the same time Pro Tools launched their collaboration service - which was/is kind of like a Facebook for PT users that lets them easily interact with each other, while bolstering nice looking profiles. Would have been nice to have seen Discovery turn into that. It should have been that from the start, in my opinion.

What we got instead, and the culmination of "Discovery", ended up being a very basic file sharing experience that scared many people away due to the terms and agreements. **

**I wasn't going to post because I don't want to upset anyone here who is sensitive to criticism. I'm still every much of a Reason fan as I've ever been = However, the person right above said this:

"Allihoopa your music can be used by anyone as they see fit without even having to credit you, which is the reason I would never use it more than to -maybe- upload some crappy experiments or something..."

Thus supporting the point I was withholding as to not make hard feelings. The terms scared many people away.

"My thoughts exactly. I don't see how any artist worth their weight in salt could partake in such nonsense other than for amusement with mediocre output."

No, and we shouldn't feel bad about sharing our opinion of the quality of Discovery/Allihoopa. It honestly is the lowest rung on the file-sharing ladder. It's swapping lossy MP3's that you just stack more lossy takes on top of. Soundcloud is better at doing what Alihoopa does...and it's Soundcloud.

More than that, I don't even know much about webdesign, but I gurantee I could devise a site that would have profiles and interactivity between users and manage it with 5 people, if even that. What we were given, could have been a LOT better.
Or maybe better said, I just have high expectations. Theres always that :puf_bigsmile: :reason:
It's a great site for hobbyists who don't care about putting music out officially. Or for those who just want some royalty free samples or acapellas to exploit....

OldSchoolSkunk

24 Feb 2017

Its a great site for those want to share their music ideas and collaborate freely with the option to use someones material without much hassle

joeyluck

24 Feb 2017

OldSchoolSkunk wrote:Its a great site for those want to share their music ideas and collaborate freely with the option to use someones material without much hassle
And this here is probably one of the main reasons it has done so well.

All other collaboration sites don't do so well because of so many barriers. I do enjoy Allihoopa for what it is. Never had this much activity and fun with other collaboration services (much of which are no more or you hear little about). I was a paid member of Indaba. I was there for collaborating. Got zero collaborating done. And they no longer do collaborations...

Would still be nice to have Creative Commons licensing for Allihoopa just for that extra push to strongly suggest and hint to artists to attribute credit when publishing outside of the site. But that doesn't mean that artists won't attribute credit.

But I don't think I'd want it to be a paid licensing or permission-based site. Then it wouldn't do so well or be very fun.
I have people I collaborate with that I know using my own agreements in person and via email, etc. And I can scout people on Allihoopa if I want to. Or here! :shock:

Always keep in mind that even if someone makes a hit from your piece, it doesn't mean you can't still use your own piece. And if they made a hit and you didn't, maybe you should reach out to them about collaborating more ;)

Everything I've done on Allihoopa has been building off of other people's pieces. And I don't spend too much time on it. So I'm not so attached to it and I'm having fun. I have the most fun just opening something in Reason from Allihoopa and creating a REX file with it and chopping it up :thumbs_up:

4filegate

24 Feb 2017

People could post their reason songs .RNS (unprotected) and ask for some help CreativeAdepts

Peter

25 Feb 2017

Edit: TLDR - keep it funky in the trunky.
Last edited by Peter on 25 Feb 2017, edited 1 time in total.

QVprod

25 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:
OldSchoolSkunk wrote:Its a great site for those want to share their music ideas and collaborate freely with the option to use someones material without much hassle
And this here is probably one of the main reasons it has done so well.

All other collaboration sites don't do so well because of so many barriers. I do enjoy Allihoopa for what it is. Never had this much activity and fun with other collaboration services (much of which are no more or you hear little about). I was a paid member of Indaba. I was there for collaborating. Got zero collaborating done. And they no longer do collaborations...

Would still be nice to have Creative Commons licensing for Allihoopa just for that extra push to strongly suggest and hint to artists to attribute credit when publishing outside of the site. But that doesn't mean that artists won't attribute credit.

But I don't think I'd want it to be a paid licensing or permission-based site. Then it wouldn't do so well or be very fun.
I have people I collaborate with that I know using my own agreements in person and via email, etc. And I can scout people on Allihoopa if I want to. Or here! :shock:

Always keep in mind that even if someone makes a hit from your piece, it doesn't mean you can't still use your own piece. And if they made a hit and you didn't, maybe you should reach out to them about collaborating more ;)

Everything I've done on Allihoopa has been building off of other people's pieces. And I don't spend too much time on it. So I'm not so attached to it and I'm having fun. I have the most fun just opening something in Reason from Allihoopa and creating a REX file with it and chopping it up :thumbs_up:
Joking aside though, there's some interesting stuff on there if you wade through it a bit. I think it does as well as it has because of the hobbyist fun aspect. I doubt many who understand the terms are looking to make a hit from there, but I suppose one could use the place to scout people to do proper collaborations (beyond a stereo audio file) with.

SA Studio

25 Feb 2017

Ugg. Just wish it was better. I really wanted it to be. You could be very helpful to other Reason users if you could dig into their project files and sent it back.

It's a really big shame that in 2017 Alihoopa doesn't even let us share .RNS files is my position, I guess :reason:

ejanuska

25 Feb 2017

SA Studio wrote:Ugg. Just wish it was better. I really wanted it to be. You could be very helpful to other Reason users if you could dig into their project files and sent it back.

It's a really big shame that in 2017 Alihoopa doesn't even let us share .RNS files is my position, I guess :reason:
I would think more about collaboration on Alipoopa if stems were shared, or the reason file.
Maybe one day when the mobile devices are as powerful as a decent current desktop box that can handle the load.

4filegate

26 Feb 2017

ejanuska wrote:
SA Studio wrote:Ugg. Just wish it was better. I really wanted it to be. You could be very helpful to other Reason users if you could dig into their project files and sent it back.

I would think more about collaboration on Alipoopa if stems were shared, or the reason file.
Maybe one day when the mobile devices are as powerful as a decent current desktop box that can handle the load.
it isn't "but money talks"
To use VST Transit, it is necessary to have a valid Cubase Pro 8.5 or Cubase Artist 8.5 license. Otherwise, collaborate with "anyone" multitracks.

dioxide

26 Feb 2017

joeyluck wrote:And this here is probably one of the main reasons it has done so well.
Are you talking about Allihoopa here? What makes you think it is doing well? I've been going on the amount of interest on social media where it was performing dismally last time I looked. Have you got some other way where you are measuring how many people are using it?

EDIT: Just checking...

894 followers __ Instagram
1,757 likes __ Facebook
857 followers __ Twitter

househoppin09

26 Feb 2017

Yowch.

QVprod

26 Feb 2017

dioxide wrote:
joeyluck wrote:And this here is probably one of the main reasons it has done so well.
Are you talking about Allihoopa here? What makes you think it is doing well? I've been going on the amount of interest on social media where it was performing dismally last time I looked. Have you got some other way where you are measuring how many people are using it?

EDIT: Just checking...

894 followers __ Instagram
1,757 likes __ Facebook
857 followers __ Twitter
I would't judge something like Allihoopa by social media likes. It's its own social platform, the likes wont reflect the actual membership as the interaction happens on the site itself. Same thing with this forum. There are (as of this post) 4148 members. We only have 869 Facebook likes.

• Information