"Allihoopa could be the next Swedish music export success"

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
joeyluck

26 Feb 2017

dioxide wrote:
joeyluck wrote:And this here is probably one of the main reasons it has done so well.
Are you talking about Allihoopa here? What makes you think it is doing well? I've been going on the amount of interest on social media where it was performing dismally last time I looked. Have you got some other way where you are measuring how many people are using it?
Personal experience using it and simply browsing the site. Just the number of people using it and the frequency of uploads and collaboration (something I've noted here before a few times). Also the experience with other collaboration sites in comparison. The fact that they have continued to grow the site adding great new features for interaction. It's one of the more enjoyable sites for me for listening to music and browsing. Even at times if I'm not participating, I enjoy following the branches to see what becomes of certain pieces that people build upon. The fact that companies/apps are adopting it and adding support for it; including one that already has a strong focus on collaboration and another that is a pretty big name...and more on the way. They're doing what they set out to do, it's very active, and it's growing. I would classify that as having done well.

miscend

27 Feb 2017

I don't get Allihoopa. What is the purpose.

ejanuska

27 Feb 2017

miscend wrote:I don't get Allihoopa. What is the purpose.
It's grand plan was discovered and published on WikiLeaks.
It will suck all wannabe musicians into the loving embryo of their eco-system so they can shame you into buying more apps to make better robot music. Eventually all hardware instruments will be outlawed to save trees and petroleum. Alipoopa will eventually expand its offerings so that babies can write EDM tracks right after being born. Simultaneously artificial intelligence plug-ins will allow the addition of vocals from soon-to-be extinct cultures such as urban rap, R&B, English guys reciting psychology, and funk dance phrases. Musicians not embracing Alipoopa will be blacklisted from playing their music over speakers in public. Since they are not old enough to enter clubs, DJs will stream music to the club from their mobile Alipoopa subsidized device. Automated lighting, bubble dispensers, and smoke generators will be standardized by Alipoopa supervisors. Finally, when total dominance over music is complete ABBA will be reborn and the world will be right again.

househoppin09

27 Feb 2017

You're almost certainly correct, ejanuska.

4filegate

28 Feb 2017

;) Allihoopa Modul for the Eurorack 3HE 19"

Pralijah

03 Apr 2017

Best uses at the moment is to throw up quick mixdowns while working inside Reason DAW. Earlier one exported wav, then maybe converted to Mp3. Allihoopa is almost like that "Mp3 export" function that some have been craving, but more "online" in the Cloud. I hope Allihoopa will prosper and deepen its usability including other license options when publishing to make it a great feedback forum as well.

You might want only to
1) share your own work in progress songs (with feedback) mixed or mastered.
as well as being able to
2) show that "A singer is needed", then singers might share their links for the producer to check them out who might fit the song style. And they can contact each other how to collaborate.
3) Share just like now, a snippet for others to use freely or build music in a random way. It is a lovely function to have, sharing and collaborating freely without any restrictions.
4) Private secret uploads where I can choose if the link will be able to the reciever to download or just "locked" only for listening.

If all these 4 functions are allowed, then Allihoopa will really grow a wider usefullness for all levels.

Later onward with ability to share uncompressed auidio and projects, It would be nice as free included with latest Reason upgrades, or otherwise for a small fee/year.
Make music shake again!

• Information