Allihoopa or Soundcloud or Both?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
The Real Deanc2000

24 Jan 2017

Hello all. So far I've been uploading my songs onto Soundcloud for public consumption. I've been thinking about uploading to Allihoopa, but is there any advantage to doing that in addition to Soundcloud, or instead of Soundcloud?

Gaja

24 Jan 2017

The thing about Allihoopa is that with anything you upload you will grant anyone who gets ahold of the link non exclusive rights to use your material in any kind of production without any obligation to accredit the creator of the original material. So once you upload your stuff to allihoopa, it's free for anyone to use.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

thefixr

03 Feb 2017

Allihoopa has a 10 minute limit on song length as well.
YouTube.com/iamthefixr

Aggie

03 Apr 2017

afaik, there is no commercial aspect for Allihoopa - SoundCloud provides (at least) the opportunity for you to post a link to your productions for purchase (in the meta-data section).
Adam Gill | BandLab

zeebot

03 Apr 2017

Gaja wrote:The thing about Allihoopa is that with anything you upload you will grant anyone who gets ahold of the link non exclusive rights to use your material in any kind of production without any obligation to accredit the creator of the original material. So once you upload your stuff to allihoopa, it's free for anyone to use.
This, you sign away your rights as soon as hit the upload button,
What if you uploaded a track and all someone else did was to sing over it. It goes viral and the singer is all over the internet and the song is storming iTunes. Fame, fortune and all that other stuff awaits singy person and not a mention of who created the original music that launched their career and you cannot do a single thing about it.
Not saying this is what would happen but it is an example of you signing all your rights away when you use Allihoopa.
Only be prepared to upload stuff you don't really need.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

nooomy

05 Apr 2017

zeebot wrote:
Gaja wrote:The thing about Allihoopa is that with anything you upload you will grant anyone who gets ahold of the link non exclusive rights to use your material in any kind of production without any obligation to accredit the creator of the original material. So once you upload your stuff to allihoopa, it's free for anyone to use.
What if you uploaded a track and all someone else did was to sing over it. It goes viral and the singer is all over the internet and the song is storming iTunes. Fame, fortune and all that other stuff awaits singy person and not a mention of who created the original music that launched their career and you cannot do a single thing about it.
Not saying this is what would happen but it is an example of you signing all your rights away when you use Allihoopa.
yeah that happens to me ALL THE TIME! :P :P :P

dana

06 Apr 2017

nooomy wrote:
zeebot wrote:
yeah that happens to me ALL THE TIME! :P :P :P
Yeah, know what happened to me? George Michael, Prince and David Bowie all came back from the dead and sang on top of one of my tunes i uploaded to allihoopa.. They made millions and i made nothing at all!! :mrgreen:

Advanced Suite
Competition Winner

07 May 2017

zeebot wrote:
I am willing to bet if this happened that the singy person would want you to make more beats for the since they had such great success in the past.

zeebot

07 May 2017

Advanced Suite wrote:
I am willing to bet if this happened that the singy person would want you to make more beats for the since they had such great success in the past.
Or just rinse and repeat on all the user's other stuff they uploaded. Great if the person wants to use it as a promotional vehicle knowing they are giving away anything they upload on the platform and aren't bothered about people making bank off their creative work.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

LatinFlavour

08 May 2017

I think Allihoopa is great place for people to improve their skills, find connections, practice, learn, and share with people around the world.

I do hope every person reads the terms of service cuz there's some pretty good tracks out there.

One thing that I did notice is that a track I uploaded to Allihoopa sounded better than SoundCloud. Not sure if SoundCloud converts wav to MP3 or lower sampling rate but indefinitely changed the quality of the audio ( using the non-pro SoundCloud account ). Can someone test and Confirm this?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SoundStruggler

18 May 2017

I use SoundCloud for finished songs and Allihoopa for songs I don't think I'll finish anytime soon, for what good it will do. Maybe it will inspire someone out there.

kuhliloach

18 May 2017

Bandcamp yes.
Soundcloud no.
Allihoopa no.

gak

08 Jun 2017

Well, at least on soundcloud your song isn't going to get hosed by all the neptune "autotune" effects.

Guessing it's gonna be worse now with actual autotune being a thing.

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2017

gak wrote:Well, at least on soundcloud your song isn't going to get hosed by all the neptune "autotune" effects.

Guessing it's gonna be worse now with actual autotune being a thing.
yes

gak

11 Jun 2017

I thought soundcloud was supposed to be going out of business?

robthompson

12 Jun 2017

gak wrote:I thought soundcloud was supposed to be going out of business?
People have been saying that for quite a while. SoundCloud had to up its game in the face of increasing competition, and in deference to the saying 'If it ain't broke, improve it until it is'. Not quite there yet.

I pay for Pro Unlimited (I think it's called), and don't get bothered, but I have noticed the disappearance of the simplicity of approach which marked it out in the beginning, and which persuaded me to join. Their Android App is rubbish and always has been.

Now, I divide my work between SC and YouTube, because YouTube is frankly a more popular platform and you can get away with doing audio there, although I'm not convinced that they render audio in an attractive way.

I've looked at other audio platforms, but I just don't find them attractive for cinematic/~classical work, and the pro ones cost an awful lot more than SC.

I guess what I'm saying is that, for me, SoundCloud will do until something better comes along, or until it dies.

• Information