The Allihoopa app family is getting bigger!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ReasonTalk

19 Jan 2017

When Allihoopa was launched in February of last year, spun-off from Propellerhead and becoming a separate company, we were told they were very interested in having more companies and apps on board. Last week when Korg announced Korg Gadget for Mac (soon to be released), they also noted that it would include support for Allihoopa!

Read the article here!

tiker01

20 Jan 2017

Nice. I hope this will grow further. BTW does anybody has a clue wether Korg Gadget for iOS will have the Allihoopa integration?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Kilsane

20 Jan 2017

Too bad there are no Android apps, I'm limited to Reason

tiker01

20 Jan 2017

Kilsane wrote:Too bad there are no Android apps, I'm limited to Reason

Maybe one day. But now this request goes to third parties with Allihoopa support.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.

joeyluck

20 Jan 2017

Soundtrap which was just added works on Android. It works on all platforms (desktop and mobile).

Yonatan

21 Jan 2017

Things are surely moving in the right direction! Since release of Reason 9, there seem to be an creative boost from PH and a new optimism. I must say I really like the way things are heading and hope it will progress further with more surprises. Allihoopa I still mostly use as a gatherer of loose ideas and mixing versions to reference on different devices. But I find it handy. I hope ther will later develop into different options when it comes to start collaborations.

Kilsane

21 Jan 2017

joeyluck wrote:
Soundtrap which was just added works on Android. It works on all platforms (desktop and mobile).
Thanks you :)

tiker01

08 Feb 2017

A bit more in depth info how to use Soundtrap with Allihoopa.

https://blog.allihoopa.com/allihoopa-so ... .xub8jc30x

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

RequiemMachine

08 Feb 2017

I was very interested in Korg Gadget for MAC, since I use it on iPad a lot. At $199 I'll stick to the iPad app, though.
Reason+ / Ableton Live / VCV Rack 2 pro
Producer/Artist of Sasquatch Cloaking Technology
Musican ~ Illustrator ~ Professional Napper

dioxide

08 Feb 2017

Had anyone heard of Soundtrap before this news? That's a serious question by the way. I'd never heard of them before or since.

ScuzzyEye

08 Feb 2017

dioxide wrote:Had anyone heard of Soundtrap before this news? That's a serious question by the way. I'd never heard of them before or since.
I had. The project grew out of an idea that Google had for making music over remote collaboration. The funny thing is someone was asking about collaborative DAWs (I think in RT chat) a day before the Allihoopa announcement, and I almost linked Soundtrap, but got distracted by something else. It would have appeared prescient to have done so, but I missed it.

Levang

09 Feb 2017

I don't like Allihoopa. I like the old days better. :)

joeyluck

15 Feb 2017

Soundtrap users began uploading to Allihoopa last week. Now we can build upon those tracks in Reason or Take... or in Soundtrap!

https://allihoopa.com/apps/soundtrap/latest

Here's one I particularly like:

kitekrazy

15 Feb 2017

Like that's a bad thing? I've lost interest in the whole music portability thing.

kuhliloach

15 Feb 2017

It seems Korg is attempting to draw in more amateurs and non-professionals by incorporating shady technologies like Allihoopa instead of building Rack Extensions for M1, Wavestation, DS-10, MS-20, Electribe, Odyssey, Gadget gadgets, etc. I love using Gadget on iPad to compose -- the basic user interface for the entering of notes is far superior to anything that uses a mouse or trackball. In summary, the news that Korg has been working on Mac apps and Allihoopa is two thumbs-down from me.

joeyluck

15 Feb 2017

kuhliloach wrote:In summary, the news that Korg has been working on Mac apps and Allihoopa is two thumbs-down from me.
Two thumbs up for me since I don't have an iPad and use Mac and Allihoopa :puf_smile:
Why would moving to Mac be a thumbs down? Why would offering gadgets as AU/VST etc. be a thumbs down?
To my knowledge, I haven't heard much of anything composed on Gadget. Soon we'll all be able to browse new pieces specifically created on Gadget by browsing by app. And then building upon it using Reason. And then maybe picking up Gadget and building upon my own Gadget pieces in Reason.

It's a smart move by Korg. Of course, users can export and upload to YouTube and Soundcloud and say "I did this using Gadget" or "I made this using Reason" and so much gets lost in the cracks. And of course people still chime and ask, "But did you use something else to master? Did you use any other software?" etc. Not to mention it's difficult to browse artists per specific apps. With Allihoopa, you know something was dropped directly from that piece of software. It's fun and it introduces artists to each other and other pieces of software.
Having Allihoopa support in any piece of software doesn't seem too complicated to integrate and it just means another avenue for exposure.

kuhliloach

16 Feb 2017

Joeyluck, I suggest listening to some Gadget compositions--very impressive sounding. A short time on YouTube will allow you to stop saying that you have not heard "much of anything composed" on Gadget.

Also, I feel really really bad for anyone who is considering Gadget who has not yet experienced it on an iPad. Let me be quite clear: tapping the iPad screen is one of the things that makes Gadget so great. It will be impossible for the Mac version to compete with this unless the future Macs feature a touch screen as elegant and responsive as the iPad.

Whether or not its a smart move for Korg remains to be seen. I still see big potential for OSX even though Apple seems to be doing everything in their power to destroy their entire product line.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2017

kuhliloach wrote:Joeyluck, I suggest listening to some Gadget compositions--very impressive sounding. A short time on YouTube will allow you to stop saying that you have not heard "much of anything composed" on Gadget.
Right. I'm sure I can do some searching. Point being, I've had little reason to do so up until now. I'll soon be exposed to it as a user of other software. I do still wish Allihoopa had Creative Commons licensing. I certainly don't mind allowing everything to be used freely as long as credit is attributed when distributed elsewhere. But aside from that, it's a fun environment to be involved and will be even more fun with users of other apps.

joeyluck

28 Feb 2017

Sounds like the release of Korg Gadget for Mac and new version for iOS is being postponed from today until late March.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

08 Mar 2017

kuhliloach wrote:It seems Korg is attempting to draw in more amateurs and non-professionals by incorporating shady technologies like Allihoopa instead of building Rack Extensions for M1, Wavestation, DS-10, MS-20, Electribe, Odyssey, Gadget gadgets, etc. I love using Gadget on iPad to compose -- the basic user interface for the entering of notes is far superior to anything that uses a mouse or trackball. In summary, the news that Korg has been working on Mac apps and Allihoopa is two thumbs-down from me.
I agree. I'd love to see them focus more on the Rack Extensions. Having an MS20 in particular with all those CV patch points would be great!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

tiker01

08 Mar 2017

Allihoopa is different company for year now. If you have Re of other requests from PH perhaps you could post it in the appropriate forum (Rackextensions, Feature suggestion, Kitchen).

Cheers,

Akos

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

househoppin09

08 Mar 2017

Another +1 here for more Korg REs! I've already bought the Mono/Poly and PolySix REs and am hungry for ports of the M1, MS-20, WaveStation...

tiker01

12 Apr 2017

The Allihoopa family is getting even bigger! Moog Model 15 App is the newest member!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite

• Information