Korg Gadget Allihoopa

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TheGuyNotNamedBob

17 Jan 2017

Korg, in the announcement for Gadget for PC, announced that Allihoopa will be integrated.

Thoughts? Opinions?

dioxide

17 Jan 2017

At long last? And I hope they aren't the only third-party company that will support it.

They've got about 800 followers on Twitter so far, so I don't see it as a rip-roaring success at the moment. They still need to sort out the rights issues before I get involved and having Korg users on side will hopefully help change things.

TheGuyNotNamedBob

17 Jan 2017

dioxide wrote:At long last? And I hope they aren't the only third-party company that will support it.

They've got about 800 followers on Twitter so far, so I don't see it as a rip-roaring success at the moment. They still need to sort out the rights issues before I get involved and having Korg users on side will hopefully help change things.
Haha. Legal issues... you mean that whatever you put out there immediately becomes public domain?

dioxide

17 Jan 2017

TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:Haha. Legal issues... you mean that whatever you put out there immediately becomes public domain?
That's the one! Anything that touches Allihoopa instantly becomes royalty free loops.

tiker01

17 Jan 2017

dioxide wrote:At long last? And I hope they aren't the only third-party company that will support it.

I am not sure the number of twitter followers is the best number to measure success. In case of Allihoopa I think they are more concerned with how many people are using the site. Korg Gadget has a similar repository of songs but I guess it wasn`t that successful so it makes sense to fuse it into Allihoopa.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dioxide

17 Jan 2017

tiker01 wrote:I am not sure the number of twitter followers is the best number to measure success. In case of Allihoopa I think they are more concerned with how many people are using the site.
Well it's the best we have even if it is a finger in the air approach. It gives a general idea of how many people are interested in it. The play and remix counts on the Allihoopa site don't exactly tell a different story so I have no reason to think it is off.

Regarding Korg, I think it makes sense to be able to share between different platforms rather than everyone building their own version. Hopefully more will sign up to it. I just think they really need to be upfront about the legal status of what you upload, as many people will be unaware.

tiker01

17 Jan 2017

dioxide wrote:
tiker01 wrote:I am not sure the number of twitter followers is the best number to measure success. In case of Allihoopa I think they are more concerned with how many people are using the site.
Well it's the best we have even if it is a finger in the air approach. It gives a general idea of how many people are interested in it. The play and remix counts on the Allihoopa site don't exactly tell a different story so I have no reason to think it is off.

Regarding Korg, I think it makes sense to be able to share between different platforms rather than everyone building their own version. Hopefully more will sign up to it. I just think they really need to be upfront about the legal status of what you upload, as many people will be unaware.
It wouldn`t hurt to be able to use some sort of licencing and perhaps have protected tracks. I hope Allihoopa will start to make money from which PH can invest in Reason i.e. hire developers.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dioxide

17 Jan 2017

tiker01 wrote:It wouldn`t hurt to be able to use some sort of licencing and perhaps have protected tracks. I hope Allihoopa will start to make money from which PH can invest in Reason i.e. hire developers.
My take on things is that it can only be a drain on resources, and I'm happy the two companies are separated. Soundcloud hasn't found a finance model that works particularly well and Allihoopa will face the same challenges if it finds success. Allihoopa looks to me to be one of these startups that the founders hope will bought by a bigger fish down the line making the original owners very rich. Nothing wrong with trying that, but please don't throw your users under the bus with your T&Cs in the process.

unisyn

18 Jan 2017

Rather interesting to know that Korg still has ties with Props; especially their iOS team. (oddy cough ssei cough)

Marco Raaphorst

18 Jan 2017

TheGuyNotNamedBob wrote:Korg, in the announcement for Gadget for PC, announced that Allihoopa will be integrated.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Well done Propellerhead. Allihoopa becomes an interesting platform for music makers. I must say that the copyright still sucks. If the Props want users to respect their copyright, at lease they should not ask the users to give away their own author rights.

miscend

18 Jan 2017

unisyn wrote:Rather interesting to know that Korg still has ties with Props; especially their iOS team. (oddy cough ssei cough)
Isn't Korg the distributor for Propellerheads in Japan?

• Information