Allihoopa vs Soundcloud

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ambeant

05 May 2016

Which service sounds better or which do you prefer and why? Personally I prefer Soundcloud over Allihoopa

zeebot

05 May 2016

Hmm, personally I dont think there is that much difference sound wise. Good thing about soundcloud is that if you upload anything it still belongs to you. Upload to Allihoopa and any rights you had to ownership is gone.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

joeyluck

05 May 2016

They are different.

I do enjoy Allihoopa because it is more "we" than it is "me." I find I listen to much more stuff on Allihoopa.

If you upload to Allihoopa, you still retain ownership. It's just that you grant others the right to use it. Which means that if they make a hit from it first and if you finish your project and make a hit from it later, that person can't come after you, of course.

I'd appreciate if they simply updated the licensing agreement to require attribution. Just hold people accountable for giving credit and all will be well in the world of Allihoopa in my eyes.

gak

05 May 2016

Sound quality wise, they both sound like ass! :lol:

Helps fix some of our mixes though :mrgreen:

OldSchoolSkunk

05 May 2016

I prefer Allihoopa.. i've connected better with other musicians ... the sound is what you make of it.. mix it the best you can put it up there.. take and figure mixes seem to have good volume. but you'll find some that know how to get the best sounds out their respective apps. Its dead easy to collab and remix other people stuff without hassle.. although i hope they will support stems more easily.. but each app has to communicate with the most universal audio file format among them. And still after all the changes to "Discover ...Allihoopa" there is no time limit or submission limit or space requirements like soundcloud has.

Riverman

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote: If you upload to Allihoopa, you still retain ownership. It's just that you grant others the right to use it. Which means that if they make a hit from it first and if you finish your project and make a hit from it later, that person can't come after you, of course.
You also don't see a single penny or fame (they don't have to credit you) from their project of course.
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

Riverman

13 May 2016

ambeant wrote:Which service sounds better or which do you prefer and why? Personally I prefer Soundcloud over Allihoopa
Soundcloud is way better. You keep all your music rights!
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

chimp_spanner

13 May 2016

Had this conversation many a time and of course I understand that Allihoopa is theirs to do with as they please and if we don't like it we can just not use it. But I think they're missing a trick. If the service was expanded to allow people to host things without offering them for collaboration, people would then point listeners to that service to hear their music, which would in turn lead more people to find out about Reason. It would still be a closed system in as much as you could only upload from Reason/Figure/etc. but I think people would be way more inclined to upload their top-drawer stuff this way. Anything that's good for Reason should be explored IMO!

miscend

13 May 2016

Allihoopa sounds better. Much better. Soundcloud has destroyed some of my mixes.

• Information