Win D16 REs! Allihoopa Remix Challenge!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Marc64

26 Feb 2016

"When you’re done, drop it back to Allihoopa so we can hear what you came up with!"

What about us who only has reason7, we can't load or drop stuff from allihopa... so we can't enter the compo?

tiker01

26 Feb 2016

Try Reason 8 for 30 days. Hopefully you can drop with it but not sure.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Marc64

27 Feb 2016

I can't drop but load in demo mode, I don't have a 30 day trial on reason so no compo for r7 users then...

joeyluck

27 Feb 2016

Marc64 wrote:I can't drop but load in demo mode, I don't have a 30 day trial on reason so no compo for r7 users then...
In addition to demo mode, there is a fully functioning 30 day trial (unless you've already used it).

You can also open them in Take and submit via Take.

Vigner

27 Feb 2016

Hi!!

How can i upload my song to the Allihoopa so that people can check my remix for this remix in particular?

Very cool loops by the way!! :)

submonsterz

27 Feb 2016

Lmfao :lol:
Thought discover was badly thought out...
Now this lololol
See people who havent got a trial left or not got reason eight or any apple device for take cant enter.
Dont this tell you something about props venture into sharing and stuff...
What happened to the bullshit about other apps / daws etc being encouraged on board and a big chunk of thier own users cannot even get with the program......
To me so far epic fail just shpill to make you think you need to upgrade lol
So badly thought out once again
Just add upload buttons for registered reason users of any product or version whats hard about that props ???
Wanna get ya own shit straight before trying to encourage other companys etc with a worth while product / service and sorry this just dont cut the mustard back to the deawing board i should reckon..

joeyluck

27 Feb 2016

Vigner wrote:Hi!!

How can i upload my song to the Allihoopa so that people can check my remix for this remix in particular?

Very cool loops by the way!! :)
Inside Reason either choose the icon in the Transport bar or go to 'File' and choose 'Drop to Propellerhead' (hasn't been updated to say 'Allihoopa' yet)
You can also upload from Take

Marc64

27 Feb 2016

submonsterz wrote:Lmfao :lol:
Thought discover was badly thought out...
Now this lololol
See people who havent got a trial left or not got reason eight or any apple device for take cant enter.
Dont this tell you something about props venture into sharing and stuff...
What happened to the bullshit about other apps / daws etc being encouraged on board and a big chunk of thier own users cannot even get with the program......
To me so far epic fail just shpill to make you think you need to upgrade lol
So badly thought out once again
Just add upload buttons for registered reason users of any product or version whats hard about that props ???
Wanna get ya own shit straight before trying to encourage other companys etc with a worth while product / service and sorry this just dont cut the mustard back to the deawing board i should reckon..
Yeah, the compo should read "For Reason 8 and above users ONLY!"

joeyluck

27 Feb 2016

Well it's clear that it's Allihoopa based... You have to Build upon the loops on Allihoopa and Drop it to Allihoopa.
But again, it's also open to Take users too as well as Reason 8 Essentials users.

Zerosity

27 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:
Marc64 wrote:I can't drop but load in demo mode, I don't have a 30 day trial on reason so no compo for r7 users then...
In addition to demo mode, there is a fully functioning 30 day trial (unless you've already used it).

R7 user, no trial, and Android user (so no Take option); now how can I participate in this competition? Seems like they've really limited the user base available to this competition.

Eagleizer

28 Feb 2016

Zerosity wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

R7 user, no trial, and Android user (so no Take option); now how can I participate in this competition?
Make a new account, download trial... But if you win, you can`t transfer the RE`s to your existing account ;)

Cheers :)

joeyluck

28 Feb 2016

I guess this is what can be considered 'valuing the loyal customers' that everyone is asking for?
I'm just kidding of course, that's not the case...

But Reason 8 has been out for 18 months and Discover/Allihoopa has been out for 14 months.
So, I'm not sure what can be said in regards to accommodations.
Allihoopa is an excellent place to hold a remix competition. It works very well. And it's tied to your Propellerhead account, so that makes much easier to manage.

submonsterz

28 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:I guess this is what can be considered 'valuing the loyal customers' that everyone is asking for?
I'm just kidding of course, that's not the case...

But Reason 8 has been out for 18 months and Discover/Allihoopa has been out for 14 months.
So, I'm not sure what can be said in regards to accommodations.
Allihoopa is an excellent place to hold a remix competition. It works very well. And it's tied to your Propellerhead account, so that makes much easier to manage.
Joey really you dont make a good case defending the undefendable.
I mean wtf is your angle here the simple thing and what they also need to get other apps and daws anoard first of all is to cater for thier own user base totally .
Seeming as its mainly just audio catered for what is thier angle on thier own users that use less than 8 or not use ios devices ?
Really would it be a major over haul to add on the site an upload button for thier own registered users ???.
NO IT WOULD NOT ........
You joey need to get a grip on reality not the reason fiction land you seem to crusade with in.
Simple fix and needed to even make any other app or daw user or company even get involved in alllipooper is stsrt by allowing more acces to it starting with reason users by adding an upload button on the page .
Epic fail props lol.

joeyluck

28 Feb 2016

Well it's a little more integrated with Reason than just an upload button...
Allihoopa communicates with Reason similarly to the way the shop communicates with Authorizer, but both ways.
And sometimes things are a little more complicated than they appear. But I have no knowledge of how easy or difficult it would be to implement in past versions. Typically with software I own, it seems very common that old versions don't receive new features, but do get updated with bug fixes.

But I certainly see no need for me to argue with someone who is enthusiastic about Allihoopa.

If other Allihoopa capable apps are on their way, maybe it's something they are working on or considering (as they fine tune it to make it easy to implement)? Or maybe a simple upload/download via the website directly is on the way? Will have to wait and see I guess.

submonsterz

28 Feb 2016

joeyluck wrote:Well it's a little more integrated with Reason than just an upload button...
Allihoopa communicates with Reason similarly to the way the shop communicates with Authorizer, but both ways.
And sometimes things are a little more complicated than they appear. But I have no knowledge of how easy or difficult it would be to implement in past versions. Typically with software I own, it seems very common that old versions don't receive new features, but do get updated with bug fixes.

But I certainly see no need for me to argue with someone who is enthusiastic about Allihoopa.

If other Allihoopa capable apps are on their way, maybe it's something they are working on or considering (as they fine tune it to make it easy to implement)? Or maybe a simple upload/download via the website directly is on the way? Will have to wait and see I guess.
Its basically still an audio upload from the apps or daw ...
Whats so intergrated than that its basically an upload link simple . Unless its easy to snoop and collect statistics etc through this way ...
Adding an upload button to the site for registered users is a must simple as.
It matrers not wtf you created it on to wav file or what ever format it actually uploads and converts it too.
You can download allready off the site simple even not registered or signed in etc browsers take care of that with a download plugg.
So wheres the thinking in how its being run lol.
Its all marketing hype to get you to upgrade and feel left out when there is absoloutely no reason to cripple it in the way they have to any one that dont wont or not gonna upgrade to the current version of 8.
People who are on lesser versions are still this customer base you say they are catering for in the rewarding sense.
Thats just pure bullshit to be honest.

MannequinRaces

28 Feb 2016

@submonsterz - Let's say they did have an upload button on Allihoopa and somebody enters, and wins the contest who doesn't even have Reason 6.5 and can't use the REs they won! As a company they have to draw the line somewhere. This is a contest for $78 worth of REs... not hundreds worth, etc.. Why should they cater to people who haven't upgraded yet? What is wrong with a company marketing it's new (well in this case rebranded) service? This is a classic case of can't make everybody happy.

@joey - thanks for the heads up. I probably would have skimmed over the email they sent had I not seen this here.

MannequinRaces

28 Feb 2016

So I uploaded the song I made for the contest through Reason but it's saying my song isn't inspired by an original piece and did not go in the contest... any ideas? I did a test by downloading a new stem and uploading just that and it works but this one does not...

* edit * got it figured out... had to redownload the stem and then I exported my mix from my other Reason file into that one and re-uploaded.

submonsterz

29 Feb 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:@submonsterz - Let's say they did have an upload button on Allihoopa and somebody enters, and wins the contest who doesn't even have Reason 6.5 and can't use the REs they won! As a company they have to draw the line somewhere. This is a contest for $78 worth of REs... not hundreds worth, etc.. Why should they cater to people who haven't upgraded yet? What is wrong with a company marketing it's new (well in this case rebranded) service? This is a classic case of can't make everybody happy.

@joey - thanks for the heads up. I probably would have skimmed over the email they sent had I not seen this here.
Id be ok i have reason 6.5 and another license with 7.1...
But thats not the point to my rants the rants are on the whole allihooper thing in general.
The big emphesis on getting others on board etc is just bollox really why fall for it.
unless it has even the most basic of functions ie to let any one who is a member etc to upload to it simple as in what ever form .
No one other than reason 8 or ios prop apps can use the site at all when its supposed to be a share and create thing wheres that in thier limited workings of it lol .
STILL A BIG EPIC FAIL .......

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

29 Feb 2016

I have never had the interest until the contest so I suppose it's fulfilled it's purpose from alliloops point, but I have not got much of an idea what to do with my final result? I hunted the alliloops for ages but might have missed instructions how to upload .

I have the Reason 8.3.1 d21 (not quite the latest .2 d7). Would upgrading make 'dropping ' straightforward ?

just grasped Allihoopa = the rebrand of Discover ... d'oh. so hopefully all is well, unless it's shut . The closing date is vague but must be today if judging is Friday ?
Last edited by AJ_3000 on 03 Mar 2016, edited 2 times in total.

challism

29 Feb 2016

If you can't submit anything to the contest because you don't have Reason 8, and it bothers you to no end, I suggest you push the button and BUY the Reason 8 upgrade.

Props can run the contest any way they see fit. I don't see a problem with it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Electric-Metal

01 Mar 2016

Hey,
might be a stupid question.
I know, the winner will be announced next friday, but what is the deadline to drop back to allihoopa?
Cannot find any information (or am i just blind).
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

supersplaron

02 Mar 2016

Electric-Metal wrote:Hey,
might be a stupid question.
I know, the winner will be announced next friday, but what is the deadline to drop back to allihoopa?
Cannot find any information (or am i just blind).
Hey there! Stefan from Propellerhead here. The winner will be announced this Friday (March 4th) so be sure to drop back your remix by Thursday! We've updated the blog with this info.

Electric-Metal

02 Mar 2016

Thanks for claryfying
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

• Information