Discover is now allihoopa.com!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
AlienJunk

26 Feb 2016

jfrichards wrote:Can anyone give me an example of a situation where a non-famous, non-wealthy musician was ripped off by someone stealing their music in the past 20 years? Just wondering how widespread the problem is.
Keith Richards was a huge rip-off artist back in the day. There's a story in a recent biography where he would jam with people in his studio, recording the sessions unbeknownst to his guests, and pillage the good riffs afterwards. No credit. No royalties. Ry Cooder has claimed that a very popular song of the Stones was a completely lifted hook that Richards secretly recorded.

Then there's the Buffalo Springfield Song 'Mr Soul' which is remarkably similar to a Stones hit. Not sure which came first, but someone's ripped the other off.

Of the same era, Country Joe's Vietnam Song sounds amazingly like a Sesame Street song called 'Ladybug Picnic'. There is no evidence to indicate a royalty exchange.

So this has been going on for decades. Allihoopa are simply aiding in the facilitation of this to happen in the 21st century with ease. People can use it at their own peril.

Personally I see some users (no names mentioned) that used Discover to upload what seems like every bit of crap they work on. This turns the platform into a rubbish dump.

Noplan
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2016

Can anyone give me an example of a situation where a non-famous, non-wealthy musician was ripped off by someone stealing their music in the past 20 years? Just wondering how widespread the problem is.

I had some shitty Hiphop Beats on reasonstation. A User informed me that a guy was selling them in a russian forum for 50 $. :D

plaamook

26 Feb 2016

jfrichards wrote:Can anyone give me an example of a situation where a non-famous, non-wealthy musician was ripped off by someone stealing their music in the past 20 years? Just wondering how widespread the problem is.
Yep. I know a gal who's dad wrote and conducted choral music. She was involved in a court battle to get renumeration from Björk for her aging father over a choral sample they pinched for The Vespertine. Great album too. And funny becuse the sample isn't crazy. On that scale why not just do it straight? Seems mad to me. Far's I know they just settled it.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

submonsterz

27 Feb 2016

:thumbs_down: what another epic fail ...... :lol: :lol:

kitekrazy

27 Feb 2016

Well the reason behind this is now you have to adjust your spam filters. I imagine with the amounts of unsubscribes from Reason this is what they had to do.

sinnerfire

28 Feb 2016

MattiasHG wrote:I'm happy to answer questions if you have any.
Hi Mattias,

I remember when "Reasonstation" had a service where you could publish your Reason.RNS and like minded people could download them and collab.

Do you know if your company is planning to add an option so people can share their Reason "Song Files"?
https://drumandbassasylum.com/ Free Samples + Presets for Reason.

cjb123

28 Feb 2016

So what's all the hoopla about this allihoopa ?

(Apologies if this has been mentioned already :puf_smile: )

MannequinRaces

28 Feb 2016

sinnerfire wrote:
Hi Mattias,

I remember when "Reasonstation" had a service where you could publish your Reason.RNS and like minded people could download them and collab.

Do you know if your company is planning to add an option so people can share their Reason "Song Files"?
This was back when there weren't Rack Extensions. I think that complicates things exponentially now to the point where it isn't worth it (my two cents).

gak

29 Feb 2016

cjb123 wrote:So what's all the hoopla about this allihoopa ?

(Apologies if this has been mentioned already :puf_smile: )
Dude, nobody knows. But we're gonna discuss to the end of time! (btw, I LOVE that avatar!)

MirEko

29 Feb 2016

I might try making a small album completely with material off allihoopla, it would be kind of interesting not having to worry about royalties and licences for samples :shock: :lol: :twisted:
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

sinnerfire

29 Feb 2016

MannequinRaces wrote:
sinnerfire wrote:
Hi Mattias,

This was back when there weren't Rack Extensions. I think that complicates things exponentially now to the point where it isn't worth it (my two cents).
I think this is a GREAT idea, something that the Props should have set up year ago, yes we now have Re's but all the Props would have to do is include an inventory telling the potential downloader which Re's were used in the production of said RNS.

This could be a huge money maker for the Props as well.

For example..... when i collab with someone and i dont have the same Re's as them, I usually buy the Re's i need, even if i don't use them, now imagine that your going through the Prop website looking for a good collab and you realise that your missing a Re or two, what are you going to do? Your going to buy them aren't you.

So you end up using Re's that you would of missed = more shiney money for the Pops.

Kenni
Site Admin

29 Feb 2016

sinnerfire wrote:
MannequinRaces wrote:
sinnerfire wrote:
Hi Mattias,

I think this is a GREAT idea, something that the Props should have set up year ago, yes we now have Re's but all the Props would have to do is include an inventory telling the potential downloader which Re's were used in the production of said RNS.

This could be a huge money maker for the Props as well.

For example..... when i collab with someone and i dont have the same Re's as them, I usually buy the Re's i need, even if i don't use them, now imagine that your going through the Prop website looking for a good collab and you realise that your missing a Re or two, what are you going to do? Your going to buy them aren't you.

So you end up using Re's that you would of missed = more shiney money for the Pops.
I am going to take this idea and make it a "extend reasontalk.com" project!

Please stand by for more info :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

sinnerfire

01 Mar 2016

Kenni wrote:

My heart actually skipped a beat when i read your comment!!

Would be amazing to see Reasontalk with a bigger user base than allihoopa.

Kenni
Site Admin

01 Mar 2016

sinnerfire wrote:
Kenni wrote:

Hehe, indeed!

Read http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7493705 for more info :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

MannequinRaces

01 Mar 2016

Kenni wrote:
sinnerfire wrote:
Kenni wrote:

Hehe, indeed!

Read http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7493705 for more info :)
After reading through the linked post I think you have some good ideas and done right, a repository would be a very nice addition / resource for Reasontalk.

Creativemind

02 Mar 2016

Yeah, a collaboration section on Reasontalk would be great. With the song file itself attached.

Make sure you add sub pages with genres:- rock, prog rock, metal, indie, ska, grunge, hip hop, pop, orchestral / classical / EDM then in EDM (Ambient / Chillout, Disco, Dubstep, Drum 'n' Bass, Hardcore, Hardstyle, House, IDM, Industrial, Jungle, Techno & Trance). :-)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

AlienJunk

04 Mar 2016

It would be really GREAT to see Kenni develop some online tools and hosting that is actually of some value to everyone, rather than Props approach to develop very simple things that nobody ever wanted in the first place, just to sell more products.

jfrichards

05 Mar 2016

Homemade music is fundamental to society. From the first lullaby in the African highlands cave to the bawdy tavern sing-alongs on the ancient Shanghai waterfront to the hillbilly guitarist learning chain-gang rhythms. Reason and Figure/Take/Allihoopa are part of one of the latest branches of homemade music. I love it.

gak

05 Mar 2016

I guess two days ago in history was when he went number one with that horrible pos rip-trash?

BTW, nearly all the other rappers did it too.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Raveshaper

05 Mar 2016

Get ready for mobile apps to be added to the offerings in the shop.
It's only a matter of time until REs are expanded into mobile-only variations.
I'm curious if Allihoopa is becoming sort of like a sister company that will oversee those types of things in the social and mobile realm.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Dabbler

20 Mar 2016

Question, "And for Reason users – you can expect more Reason focus here at propellerheads.se in the future." From here https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/welcome-allihoopa

So, ATM I can not drop music from my Reason DAW to Allihoopa?

This system is for folks will cell phones only?

buddard
RE Developer

20 Mar 2016

Dabbler wrote:Question, "And for Reason users – you can expect more Reason focus here at propellerheads.se in the future." From here https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/welcome-allihoopa

Yes, you should be able to drop to Allihoopa from Reason.

moneykube

20 Mar 2016

ali ooops ooops :mrgreen:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

egelmett

20 Mar 2016

AlienJunk wrote: Personally I see some users (no names mentioned) that used Discover to upload what seems like every bit of crap they work on. This turns the platform into a rubbish dump.
It already is!

Scanning through the Acapella section, looking for a vocal idea against which I can create a Chill/Downtempo thing, I find people don't know the meaning of "acapella".

There's a bunch of stuff, arrangements, productions...as if it's a Swedish Soundcloud...you can't collaborate with an acapella submission if they've laid their beats and chords against it already!

Further bolstering the Soundcloud mentality, there are many folks who thankfully, know the meaning of acapella, but unthankfully, rip someone else's song, which is a violation of the Terms of Service!

Allihoopa/Propellerheads require a complaint to come from an authorized representative. Okay, fine whatever...the copyright holder can chase this down.

All I know is it's a waste of time...

Last complaint...I don't know exactly why, but Reason just doesn't feel the same anymore. Maybe because Propellerheads killed off the community by closing the forums, or introducing REs rather than innovate themselves, or...I don't know...pushing these supposed collaboration ideas with Figure and Take....

Dabbler

20 Mar 2016

buddard wrote:
Dabbler wrote:Question, "And for Reason users – you can expect more Reason focus here at propellerheads.se in the future." From here https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/welcome-allihoopa

Yes, you should be able to drop to Allihoopa from Reason.
Well I guess I need a wizard because I sure as hell can't see a way to do it from my DAW / PC.

On the site I see this "You haven't dropped any music pieces yet." Okay so where's the drop button.

There is a GET APPS reason button on the page, but click it and it takes me to a buy reason page. I got reason.

Do I need R8?

• Information