ALLIHOOPA - what are your strategies?

Everything Allihoopa!

Moderator: Moderators

stratatonic

ALLIHOOPA - what are your strategies?

Postby stratatonic » 12 Apr 2017

I admit I am not a big fan of Allihoopa. (And definitely not a fan of the NAME - but I digress...)

Every month or so, I pop on the site for a frustrating and unproductive journey to see what is going on. Maybe it is the way Allihoopa is set up. Maybe I am just not smart enough to navigate the site.

It just seems that I don't find much of value. Maybe the genres uploaded don't appeal to me.

But I like all kinds of music. Good stuff will always be noticed. But I feel that most of what I stumble upon is like the dregs of my hard drive folder. Sound harsh, but I just come out of every Allihoopa excursion annoyed that I just wasted more time in my life.

There must be excellent stuff here. I am just not stumbling upon it.

Does anyone care to share their thoughts or strategies on navigating Allihoopa?

The only one I can offer anyone, is that I avoid any drop that has a Figure logo on it. The sameness of most of the Figure drops drive me squirrelly.
JacobiusWrex

Re: ALLIHOOPA - what are your strategies?

Postby JacobiusWrex » 13 Apr 2017

I agree about the figure drops. I wish there was a way to get the MIDI from figure pieces opened up in reason so the pieces could be, well.... reconfigured in reason.

I am by no means a good navigator of allihoopa, but I think the spotlight is a good way to filter your time. Check out what's in the spotlight, then go to the pages of the stuff you like, then if you don't find anything in 30 minutes, make your own music and upload it ;-)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Aggie

Postby Aggie » 19 Apr 2017

The hashtagging can help - if it's done right... at the moment, anyone can tag anything - if they had an algorithm on the site where - any time something gets a good ratio of "likes" - it could be "gilded" with a "moderator only" set of hashtags, that would be helpful... but that would be stealing an idea from Reddit... ;)

There's quite a bit they could do for functionality but, since it's a cross-platform-hybrid-let's-lump-everything-together sorta set up, everything gets "reduced" to a low-quality mp3. If you download (in reason), you get an audio track dumped into a new track - no midi's and no quality.

Kinda sad because it could be so much more...
Adam Gill | Simply Adam | Soundcloud | Nimbit | Songtradr | Allihoopa
Jmax

Postby Jmax » 19 Apr 2017

Aggie wrote:The hashtagging can help - if it's done right... at the moment, anyone can tag anything - if they had an algorithm on the site where - any time something gets a good ratio of "likes" - it could be "gilded" with a "moderator only" set of hashtags, that would be helpful... but that would be stealing an idea from Reddit... ;)

There's quite a bit they could do for functionality but, since it's a cross-platform-hybrid-let's-lump-everything-together sorta set up, everything gets "reduced" to a low-quality mp3. If you download (in reason), you get an audio track dumped into a new track - no midi's and no quality.

Are you sure about the quality? As far as I can tell (and I've been using it for a while) your getting .wav files when you open someone's project. If I export something to Alllihoopa, it exports at the wav quality. You then download that same project. Unless you can verify that it's MP3? that would kinda suck.

J
Aggie

Postby Aggie » 19 Apr 2017

Jmax wrote:
Aggie wrote:The hashtagging can help - if it's done right... at the moment, anyone can tag anything - if they had an algorithm on the site where - any time something gets a good ratio of "likes" - it could be "gilded" with a "moderator only" set of hashtags, that would be helpful... but that would be stealing an idea from Reddit... ;)

Are you sure about the quality? As far as I can tell (and I've been using it for a while) your getting .wav files when you open someone's project. If I export something to Alllihoopa, it exports at the wav quality. You then download that same project. Unless you can verify that it's MP3? that would kinda suck.

J

I think you may be right - my bad - what I was trying to say was that you don't get full MIDI track - just a single audio file...
Adam Gill | Simply Adam | Soundcloud | Nimbit | Songtradr | Allihoopa

Return to “Allihoopa General”