Reason 13.0.1 Release Notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deeplink
Competition Winner

Post 09 Jul 2024

Features
  • Drag content from Finder/Explorer to browser
  • Opening Edit area with clip selected in Arrange view will not Zoom to fit
  • Metadata for Reason 13 soundpacks are now picked up in Reason 13.0.1
Sidechain tool update
  • Listen mode is moved to “post-filter”
  • Filters improvement
  • Typo corrected
Mimic update
  • Fixed a crash bug on Windows
Bug Fixes
  • Browser: Add Device - OK button now says Create
  • Reason 12 can now be opened after Reason 13 has been installed and vice verse
  • Reason logo is now correct in Reason 13 top bar
  • Factory Soundbank Combi Effect patch was routed wrong
  • Fixed a bug where the Browser crashed when clicking on search field and suggestions
  • Fixed a bug where it was not possible to drag Favourites List to the bottom of the list
  • Fixed a bug where Keyboard focus was lost after loading a patch from Device Browser
  • Fixed a bug where the Browser automatically switched to Tree view
  • Fixed a bug where Clip resize handles remained on old clip after selecting new clip by clicking a note
  • Fixed an issue where certain Reason 12 Songs couldn't be opened in Reason 13
  • Fixed an issue where Browser Flat View didn't retain
  • Fixed a crash that occurred while Audio slice editing
  • Fixed some key commands in Browser
source: https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
Last edited by deeplink on 09 Jul 2024, edited 1 time in total.
Get more Combinators, Patches and Resources at the deeplink website

Loque

Post 09 Jul 2024

That came quick...
Reason13, Win10

Deep Schulzz

Post 09 Jul 2024

I just don't understand why folders with WAV files aren't recognized as such in the shortcut list or favorites list. I guess I just don't understand the concept of the new browser. :oops:

Loque

Post 09 Jul 2024

Deep Schulzz wrote:
09 Jul 2024
I just don't understand why folders with WAV files aren't recognized as such in the shortcut list or favorites list. I guess I just don't understand the concept of the new browser. :oops:
Good point. Guess the shortcuts are for patches only atm or something...i dont know...You may ask RS...
Reason13, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

Post 09 Jul 2024

Deep Schulzz wrote:
09 Jul 2024
All my samples are there on folders accessible from the list of items on the left side of the browser. Pretty sure those are all wave and aiff files. How are you opening the browser?

Deep Schulzz

Post 09 Jul 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Jul 2024
Deep Schulzz wrote:
09 Jul 2024
All my samples are there on folders accessible from the list of items on the left side of the browser. Pretty sure those are all wave and aiff files. How are you opening the browser?
F9 or via Menu and "all types" or "samples"

PhillipOrdonez

Post 09 Jul 2024

Deep Schulzz wrote:
09 Jul 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Jul 2024

F9 or via Menu and "all types" or "samples"
F9 here works just fine, click on my samples shortcut, all the folders within it are there, hit the flat button and every sample contained within is available to me, i can now search for a keyword and do as one does with samples. I'm on windows 10 and it is working as expected.

Deep Schulzz

Post 09 Jul 2024

I just received this message from support: "Yes, we didn't have enough time to fix this in Reason 13.0.1, but we're working hard to fix it in an upcoming Reason 13 release."
Btw: The older folders (from R12 and older) are recognized.

PhillipOrdonez

Post 09 Jul 2024

Do you mean only folders with audio files that were added to shortcuts after R13 aren't working? 🤔

Deep Schulzz

Post 09 Jul 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Jul 2024
Do you mean only folders with audio files that were added to shortcuts after R13 aren't working? 🤔
I'm not entirely sure, but that's how it seems.

manisnotabird

Post 10 Jul 2024

Does anyone know the nature of the filter improvements on the sidechain tool?

Steedus
Competition Winner

Post 11 Jul 2024

deeplink wrote:
09 Jul 2024
[*]Reason logo is now correct in Reason 13 top bar
Anyone know how this was wrong? Geez it would be hilarious if they accidentally used the old Props logo :reason:

PhillipOrdonez

Post 11 Jul 2024

Steedus wrote:
11 Jul 2024
deeplink wrote:
09 Jul 2024
Anyone know how this was wrong? Geez it would be hilarious if they accidentally used the old Props logo :reason:
They didn't.

buddard
RE Developer

Post 11 Jul 2024

Steedus wrote:
11 Jul 2024
deeplink wrote:
09 Jul 2024
The word "Reason" was written using the wrong font.

Whoopdee

Post 13 Jul 2024

I'm sitting here trying to make a simple beat and it's taking 1000x longer because the new browser is a fucking nightmare and I can't even use R12 anymore because it's been not working after R13 install. This is a big joke.

Drag and drop a "feature" in an incremental update? Wow

PhillipOrdonez

Post 13 Jul 2024

Whoopdee wrote:
13 Jul 2024
I'm sitting here trying to make a simple beat and it's taking 1000x longer because the new browser is a fucking nightmare and I can't even use R12 anymore because it's been not working after R13 install. This is a big joke.

Pretty disingenuous to write all that when one, it's not true the browser is a nightmare, but you just hate it so your unable to allow yourself to wrap your head around it, and, second, isn't this literally the update that fixed the 12 not being able to be opened thing?

🙄

Whoopdee

Post 14 Jul 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Jul 2024
Whoopdee wrote:
13 Jul 2024

Pretty disingenuous to write all that when one, it's not true the browser is a nightmare, but you just hate it so your unable to allow yourself to wrap your head around it, and, second, isn't this literally the update that fixed the 12 not being able to be opened thing?

🙄
I feel like I payed $200 to beta test and have my guts moved around. Great, they fixed a bug, which existed because there was clear oversight of not giving a damn about previous releases. You don't think they didn't think for a single second they didn't say "Let's make sure people can still run R12." with their continuous beta testing program? Don't kid yourself, I don't know who is managing ReasonStudios right now, but it's clear they are doing a horrible job.

selig
RE Developer

Post 14 Jul 2024

Whoopdee wrote:
14 Jul 2024
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Jul 2024

🙄
I feel like I payed $200 to beta test and have my guts moved around. Great, they fixed a bug, which existed because there was clear oversight of not giving a damn about previous releases. You don't think they didn't think for a single second they didn't say "Let's make sure people can still run R12." with their continuous beta testing program? Don't kid yourself, I don't know who is managing ReasonStudios right now, but it's clear they are doing a horrible job.
For the record, I was running 12 and 13 side by side during the entire testing period with zero issues, right up to the point I installed and ran the release version. The “bug” was something that only came up on the final release so would have been impossible to find during testing. The response/fix came quickly IMO, which is how I judge a company.
Selig Audio, LLC

Whoopdee

Post 14 Jul 2024

selig wrote:
14 Jul 2024
Whoopdee wrote:
14 Jul 2024

For the record, I was running 12 and 13 side by side during the entire testing period with zero issues, right up to the point I installed and ran the release version. The “bug” was something that only came up on the final release so would have been impossible to find during testing. The response/fix came quickly IMO, which is how I judge a company.
You're right, it was a quick response. I'm just really upset because I got caught in a weird situation where I'm on a Mediterranean island with really low data speeds and with R12 broken I was forced to try and use R13 to get some inspiration out but the new UI and browser made things 1000x more difficult.

phithegoldenratio

Post 21 Jul 2024

Is there a way to roll back to the 13.0.0 version?

This update drastically decreased performance for me when using as plugin in Ableton.

Clicking the preset field in instrument often lasts several seconds to bring up the list, navigating the browser is quite slow too!

thank you

• Information