Lining up clips in separate Edit / Arrange Areas in Reason 13

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
minipidizzle

Post 04 Jul 2024

New with Reason 13 are separate views for editing a clip and the main sequencer. I frequently do manual vocal alignment between two tracks, so need them to be lined up (one right above the other). But I can't see how to do this with the new edit viewer. When opening a clip in slice edit mode, the navigation in the edit area is separate from the sequencer area. It will be impractical to keep the zoom/alignment in sync manually between them. So I'm hoping there is a way to lock them, or just revert to editing clips in the sequencer area as before.

Has anyone done this, or can the new edit area be sync'd / locked? Hopefully I'm missing something.

Pepin

Post 04 Jul 2024

I don't think you're missing anything.
If I'm understanding correctly, I've suggested the same link feature you're asking for (would improve MIDI editing as well):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7534538

Hopefully something like this is added in an update, since it's common in other DAWs that have a split view.

minipidizzle

Post 04 Jul 2024

Yes, that's it. I agree MIDI / piano roll editor would be easier too. Thanks for sharing, hopefully gets addressed.

FYI for anyone else trying to compare clips like aligning vocals - you can click on different clips to toggle what is in the edit view and compare that way. It's not as functional as having them both heads up but better than nothing.

selig
RE Developer

Post 05 Jul 2024

Pepin wrote:
04 Jul 2024
I don't think you're missing anything.
If I'm understanding correctly, I've suggested the same link feature you're asking for (would improve MIDI editing as well):
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7534538

Hopefully something like this is added in an update, since it's common in other DAWs that have a split view.
Good to see I’m not alone, I mentioned ths same suggestion during beta testing. Seemed like a no brainer to me, but I didn’t find many who agreed at the time.
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information