[solved] REASON 13 : Browser ? Problems ...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jeffrey Cat

Post 04 Jul 2024

Hi Reason Community ...

I Was Hoping Somebody Can Help Me ...

I Downloaded And Installed REASON 13 For My Mac On The Day Of Its Release ( June 18 2024 ? ) And Opened "13" For The First Time ...

It Took As Long As REASON 12 Would To Load Initially ...

And I Was Very Excited To See The New Browser For "13" And Proceeded To Link All Of My WAV MIDI AIFF RX2 Files To It ...

Approximately 330GB ? / 1.5 Million Files ? ...

LOL ...

Amazingly The Browser Was Able To Pick Them All Up ...

However VERY Slowly ...

Upon Shutting REASON 13 Down And Then Restarting REASON It Took Over 25 Minutes To Load "13" ...

I Immediately Assumed This Was Linked To My Overloading Of The Browser ...

So I Proceeded To Remove All Of The Links I'd Created To My WAV MIDI AIFF RX2 Files From The Browser Completely ...

I Also Left REASON 13 Running For 5 + Hours ? To Give My Mac A Chance To Fully Delete All The Links ...

Upon Shutting REASON 13 Down After 5 Hours It Took 10 Minutes For REASON 13 To Load Again ...

And As Of Today My Mac Still Takes Approximately 10 - 15 Minutes To Load REASON 13 ...

Oh ! And Takes Just As Long To Shut REASON Down ! ...

I've Tried Reinstalling REASON 13 But To No Avail ...

So I Now Feel That I Need To Locate The BROWSER PREFERENCES For REASON 13 And Delete Them All ...

( I'm Currently Running REASON On Mac Monterey 12.1 ) ...

Could Somebody Guide Me To The PREFERENCE ? Files I Need To Remove / Delete To Completely Refresh The BROWSER ...

Or All Of The Files I Need To Remove / Delete To Get REASON 13 Up And Running Again Within A Minute Or Two ...

I Hope All Of The Above Makes Sense ...

Please Help ! ...

Kind Regards ...

Jeffrey

jam-s

Post 04 Jul 2024

Reading the sticky post about file locations in this forum should help: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631

Jeffrey Cat

Post 04 Jul 2024

NOW SOLVED ! ...

If You Too Are Experiencing Similar Problems To The Ones Described ...

On MAC ...

Go To ...

macOS: ~/Library/Preferences/Reason x Preferences

And DELETE The CACHES Folder In Its Entirety ! ...

REASON 13 Now Only Takes 2 Minutes To Load ...

Just Like It Did When I First Installed It ...

YAY ! ...

PS Special Thanks To Jam-S For The Additional Advice Too ! ...

O ! And I'm Abandoning Using The BROWSER Entirely ...

I Will Never Use It Again In Its Current Form ...

It's Definitely Bad News ...

xx xx

PhillipOrdonez

Post 04 Jul 2024

Glad you solved your issue! You should probably have done things differently, like letting it index everything before shutting it down or not or everything all at once. Don't give up on the new browser without really having used it 😅

• Information