Using Reason’s tuner

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dioxide

07 Apr 2024

If I want to record audio from my soundcard, Reason has a tuner window so I can tune my guitar (I don’t have a guitar). If I want to use this tuner with a sound source from the Rack such as one of Reason’s synthesizers, how can I do this?

robussc

07 Apr 2024

Aren’t they already in tune?
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

mimidancer

08 Apr 2024

dioxide wrote:
07 Apr 2024
If I want to record audio from my soundcard, Reason has a tuner window so I can tune my guitar (I don’t have a guitar). If I want to use this tuner with a sound source from the Rack such as one of Reason’s synthesizers, how can I do this?
Go to the Sequencer. arm the track to record. then next to the level meter, you will see a pitchfork. het that and you will see the tuner. I have said for years that Reason needs a turner that is a rack extension so you can use it without arming the track. I hope this helps. if you have any questions you can message me.

mimidancer

08 Apr 2024

dioxide

08 Apr 2024

mimidancer wrote:
08 Apr 2024
Go to the Sequencer. arm the track to record. then next to the level meter, you will see a pitchfork. het that and you will see the tuner.
I can get this to work when I am recording from my soundcard, but have you tried this with Record Source enabled to record from another Mix Channel? For me this doesn't work.

mimidancer

08 Apr 2024

dioxide wrote:
08 Apr 2024
mimidancer wrote:
08 Apr 2024
Go to the Sequencer. arm the track to record. then next to the level meter, you will see a pitchfork. het that and you will see the tuner.
I can get this to work when I am recording from my soundcard, but have you tried this with Record Source enabled to record from another Mix Channel? For me this doesn't work.
hang on i will load reason and troubleshoot. I love a puzzle.

mimidancer

08 Apr 2024

dioxide wrote:
08 Apr 2024
mimidancer wrote:
08 Apr 2024
easy-peasy. there is no tuner on a regular mix channel. So on the mix channel make it a rec source. the little blue dot in the picture. then make an audio channel and select that mix channel as the rec source. You will see in the picture the name of the patch is the rec source for the audio channel. it is the same as the patch name for what I chose in algorithm.
tune.jpg
tune.jpg (62.34 KiB) Viewed 205 times

dioxide

08 Apr 2024

Ah okay, that's good. I was trying with the Cmd-F3 Show Recording Meter window, and it isn't possible with this but the smaller version in the Sequencer track works. Thanks for your help.

• Information