Using key commands F6/F7 and mixer views

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
subtractor101

06 Apr 2024

Hello,
I am trying to use key commands on my Mac (Ventura) to switch between the different setup views I can use F6 to switch ok between the rack and the mixer, but when I hit F6 again, it opens a split between the mixer and the arrangement view. I hate it because the arrangement few shows only half the page, so I have to enlarge it every time. I tried using the function key F7, but it does nothing;. I would ultimately like f7 key to open the arrangement in full view. It shows in the view menu, f7 should do this. Anyway, if you know what might be happening, please let me know. Thanks

jam-s

06 Apr 2024

F5, F6, F7 are the keys for mixer, rack, sequencer. They are essential when working with Reason on a single screen. F8 is the tool window which quite a few overlook and then complain about missing features in the sequencer.

klasson

07 Apr 2024

subtractor101 wrote:
06 Apr 2024
Hello,
I am trying to use key commands on my Mac (Ventura) to switch between the different setup views I can use F6 to switch ok between the rack and the mixer, but when I hit F6 again, it opens a split between the mixer and the arrangement view. I hate it because the arrangement few shows only half the page, so I have to enlarge it every time. I tried using the function key F7, but it does nothing;. I would ultimately like f7 key to open the arrangement in full view. It shows in the view menu, f7 should do this. Anyway, if you know what might be happening, please let me know. Thanks
Can't really remember the Mac-keyboard. But what you are describing is how it is supposed to work in Reason.
F5 = Full screen Mixer
F6 = Full screen Rack
F7 = Full screen sequencer

If you press any of the above a second time after getting something full screen it will revert back to half and half :puf_smile:

My guess is that your F7-key is bound to something "Mac-related" (rewind? "<<") and you need to tell your system not to use media functions on the keyboard when in Reason.

• Information