Reason Remote speech via web UI

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djsmex

04 Apr 2024

Hi,

I've been working on various ideas to improve Reason's accessibility through Remote and a web UI to provide speech feedback. I'd be interested to learn if there are any Reason users on here that would benefit from such a project.

You can see some videos on these projects on my youtube channel @johnsexton8082.
You will also find some videos showing Ableton Live 12, now working with screen readers, namely NVDA but also works with Jaws, VoiceOver and windows Narrator.

My question is would a web UI using the computer keyboard to act as a speaking MIDI controller for Reason be helpful or would a speaking web UI working a long side MIDI hardware be more helpful?

Also would speaking named values over numeric values be better? I ask this as for example the Remote values output for many parameters such as the Subtraktor OSC is numeric but may make more sense if were converted to named values like sign, triangle, square etc.

I appreciate the number of current blind Reason users, is probably very low, as the current version has almost no screen reader support, less than previous versions. But as I have invested many years and money into Reason as an end user, it seems a waste to simply switch totally over to Live now it has screen reader support.

best, john

• Information