Reason 10 To Reason 12

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
22ndCenturyStudio

01 Apr 2024

I've been using Reason 10 for many years & then recently...I discovered Reason Companion and through this app, I was able to download Reason 12 for free(which is weird.)
Raeson 12 is a large file, so in the need to free up space on my PC, I deleted Reason 10. In doing so, I lost all my work I did in Reason 12...which doesn't make any sense.
I checked my Documents folder and although there is a Reason document marker there, it's blank & I cannot open it. I don't suppose there is any way to salvage this?

22ndCenturyStudio

01 Apr 2024

I noticed something else that is very odd(as although the factory sounds and instruments work)...ALL of my Refills and purchased presets have been rendered inert.
The first preset purchase I checked, was Europa Retro Waves....so I re-downloaded it, but still cannot use them. WTF is going on??

22ndCenturyStudio

01 Apr 2024

ImageThis is what all of my Refills & purchased libraries look like now;

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="undefined"><a href="">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Popey
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2024

Sounds strange to get it for free. Have you perhaps downloaded a trial of Reason 12?

Djstarski

01 Apr 2024

Maybe trying a system restore if you`re PC .

22ndCenturyStudio

01 Apr 2024

It was a false alarm, on my part...everything had gone haywire, when I deleted my Reason 10(but once I uninstalled Reason 12...along with Reason Companion)...& re-installed it, everything was fine.
As for getting Reason 12 for free...how in the hell could I have accidentally downloaded & trial version and not have any indication that it is only a trial?? I do have Reason 11 installed on another PC, but it is in need of a repair & I haven't used it in 2 years. I checked on the upgrade price from version 11 to 12 and it's $200...so I haven't a clue as to what is going on. I never visited the trial page on their website(as I merely downloaded the Companion app from my account page.)

joeyluck

01 Apr 2024

If you download and install the latest from Companion, you get the latest. Companion doesn't support Reason 10. Not sure if you are running a trial, but might just have been running Reason 12 in demo mode.

22ndCenturyStudio

01 Apr 2024

joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2024
If you download and install the latest from Companion, you get the latest. Companion doesn't support Reason 10. Not sure if you are running a trial, but might just have been running Reason 12 in demo mode.
Having only a trial version is a frightening thought(as I no longer have my Reason 10) and I have an important project in the works, within version 12(& I just can't foot the $200 bill right now.) How long is the trial(if in fact, it is a trial?)

DaveyG

02 Apr 2024

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
01 Apr 2024
joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Having only a trial version is a frightening thought(as I no longer have my Reason 10) and I have an important project in the works, within version 12(& I just can't foot the $200 bill right now.) How long is the trial(if in fact, it is a trial?)
I can't say whether it's a trial or not but if it is and if they have valid payment details on your account they'll start charging you for Reason+ when the trial ends.

Billy+

02 Apr 2024

If I remember correctly when you first install companion it prompts you to install R12 even if you don't have a valid sub or perp.

Sounds like your running in demo mode. that would mean you can't open projects or use refills other than the default ones.
you should be able to go to help / about and it should say demo mode.

your only option is to remove R12 & companion then reinstall R10 if you removed it and carry on in R10,

However if you removed your R10 auth then you will need to login each time you launch R10.

WaxTrax

02 Apr 2024

I will add that there is usually a "May Madness" sale (in addition to Black Friday) where you can usually get a perpetual R12 upgrade license for $99 (or less -- sometimes at jrrshop or thomann).

jam-s

02 Apr 2024

You could also subscribe to Reason+ for a month or two to get the project finished and then export everything from the project as audio/midi files.

22ndCenturyStudio

02 Apr 2024

Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2024
If I remember correctly when you first install companion it prompts you to install R12 even if you don't have a valid sub or perp.

Sounds like your running in demo mode. that would mean you can't open projects or use refills other than the default ones.
you should be able to go to help / about and it should say demo mode.

your only option is to remove R12 & companion then reinstall R10 if you removed it and carry on in R10,

However if you removed your R10 auth then you will need to login each time you launch R10.
How would I resurrect R10...when it doesn't exist anymore? It's not as though I have it on disc(& I deleted it from my Recycle Bin.) As I said earlier in this thread....when I download Companion & had access to version 12, there was no indication whatsoever, that it was a demo(not on the website, or the DAW.) Also...I have unrestricted access to everything in my DAW.

22ndCenturyStudio

02 Apr 2024

WaxTrax wrote:
02 Apr 2024
I will add that there is usually a "May Madness" sale (in addition to Black Friday) where you can usually get a perpetual R12 upgrade license for $99 (or less -- sometimes at jrrshop or thomann).
As far as I can tell, I have the full version of Reason 12(as indicated by there being no restrictions within my DAW.) However...if by some chance I do in fact, have a demo...I will check out the "May Madness" sale when it arrives.

jam-s

02 Apr 2024

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
02 Apr 2024
How would I resurrect R10...when it doesn't exist anymore? It's not as though I have it on disc(& I deleted it from my Recycle Bin.)
https://www.reasonstudios.com/download/reason10/

DaveyG

02 Apr 2024

If you go to the RS site and login to your account you can go to "My Products" and download anything you own, including Reason 10.

22ndCenturyStudio

02 Apr 2024

Here's my account page and I don't see it here. If I am somehow overlooking an area where it's at...then please direct me.

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2024

Follow the link jam-s posted above then login to your reason account and the link to redownload version 10 is there.

pushedbutton

02 Apr 2024

If you click on 'show details' under reason 12 it should show you if you have used an upgrade path to get to it, there should should find the licence key for reason 10 that is linked to your account.
If you don't have details of your upgrade path there you might find other clues about what's happened.
To actually download reason 10 I'd just follow the link jam-s posted cos you'll be forever and a day tying to find a logical route to it.
22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
02 Apr 2024
Here's my account page and I don't see it here. If I am somehow overlooking an area where it's at...then please direct me.

@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

DaveyG

02 Apr 2024

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
02 Apr 2024

Have you got two different RS accounts by any chance?
If not then get on to support and ask them where your R10 licence has gone.

• Information