Any VR programs that support Reason yet?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SEXCOPTER RUL

24 Mar 2024

Im expecting this to not exist yet, so this is more so me offerring a explanation on why something like this needs to be seriously considered. I've been waiting since 2017 for someone to create a vr program that allows all the rack mounted equipment in reason to appear in a vr enviroment as if it were the real thing, allowing you to interact with all the various knobs and sliders directly,and more importantly being able to actually walk behind it and hook up the cables with your hands. Also having the ability to create as many virtual displays that shows the sequencer window, or any window and position it in the virtual enviroment whereever you want would solve my VERY annoying issue of not having a secondary monitor.

Not to mention this creates the possibility of using any instruments literally like say drums being played with your actual hands, virtual keyboards could work this way was well, and let's not forget the importance of a nice working enviroment! You could literally look like your on the moon working on your next song, but mostly I've been thinking about how much more interesting this could be for viewers if your livestreaming the music creation process.

Now for anyone saying that "this is pointless or wouldn't work becuase of various reasons", ima stop you right there becuase respectfully,your wrong. Input latency via motion controls can be as low as under 5ms if your hmd is set to run at 144hz mode like valve index supports. Screens are more than high enough resolution nowadays, and as for cpu usage, I've had HUGE project files going before that never made my cpu exceed more than 20 percent at the MOST, so that's not an issue either.

Regardless, I just figured I'd ask, although if something like this does exist, I worry it doesn't support reason 8 (the version I've got). Thanks for taking the time to read this!

EnochLight

26 Mar 2024

SEXCOPTER RUL wrote:
24 Mar 2024
Im expecting this to not exist yet, so this is more so me offerring a explanation on why something like this needs to be seriously considered. I've been waiting since 2017 for someone to create a vr program that allows all the rack mounted equipment in reason to appear in a vr enviroment as if it were the real thing, allowing you to interact with all the various knobs and sliders directly,and more importantly being able to actually walk behind it and hook up the cables with your hands. Also having the ability to create as many virtual displays that shows the sequencer window, or any window and position it in the virtual enviroment whereever you want would solve my VERY annoying issue of not having a secondary monitor.

Not to mention this creates the possibility of using any instruments literally like say drums being played with your actual hands, virtual keyboards could work this way was well, and let's not forget the importance of a nice working enviroment! You could literally look like your on the moon working on your next song, but mostly I've been thinking about how much more interesting this could be for viewers if your livestreaming the music creation process.

Now for anyone saying that "this is pointless or wouldn't work becuase of various reasons", ima stop you right there becuase respectfully,your wrong. Input latency via motion controls can be as low as under 5ms if your hmd is set to run at 144hz mode like valve index supports. Screens are more than high enough resolution nowadays, and as for cpu usage, I've had HUGE project files going before that never made my cpu exceed more than 20 percent at the MOST, so that's not an issue either.

Regardless, I just figured I'd ask, although if something like this does exist, I worry it doesn't support reason 8 (the version I've got). Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Back in the day, the original Propellerhead (now Reason Studios) Rack Extension SDK actually required 3D assets, because at the time (this was well over 10 years ago) they thought VR would be a real thing and "the future". I'd wager that they could have easily rendered the entire Reason rack and all RE's in actual 3D for VR had that happened.

But, as well all know.. VR is more of a niche thing even still. So, good luck with that!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jam-s

27 Mar 2024

In addition the 3D RackExtension workflow has been deprecated for a while now. So that ship has sailed.

• Information