i say goodby to you! Thank you!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
User avatar
bossa
Competition Winner
Posts: 274
Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Location: Gudensberg Germany

Post 18 Mar 2024

Dear forum members,
after all these years I would like to say goodbye to you, because unfortunately I can no longer pursue my beloved music due to a treacherous illness!
I have been using reason since version 1.0 and I still think that Reason is one of the best software on the market. Unfortunately I will not live to see version 13! What a pity!
I would like to thank everyone for the many years of helpfulness and attention and the very friendly interaction with each other! Thanks for the inspiring music in the forum! I really enjoyed the nice little competitions!
I wish you continued pleasure with reason and a good exchange!
your falk (bossa)

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 11185
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 18 Mar 2024

I thank you, that I was allowed to be a part of your journey.

Good luck and blessings on your last experience.
Reason12, Win10

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 493
Joined: 21 May 2015
Location: Melbourne Australia

Post 18 Mar 2024

Not usually lost for words.. peace to you and your family.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3753
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 18 Mar 2024

What illness forced you to stop?

User avatar
selig
RE Developer
Posts: 11729
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: The NorthWoods, CT, USA

Post 18 Mar 2024

Bless you - I can only hope to be as graceful and positive when the day comes that I find myself in your position.
Your positive attitude has touched and inspired me greatly, and I thank you for that gift. I can only hope to repay you by passing it on when the time comes…
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
luckygreen
Posts: 107
Joined: 24 Jul 2023
Location: Germany

Post 18 Mar 2024

Postings like these make me aware of what great people have gathered here on reasontalk.com. Though new to Reason and this community I'm humbled to be part of reasontalk.com @bossa Your courage inspires me. Thank you and farewell.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 4653
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Fanboy Shill, Boomertown

Post 18 Mar 2024

What a somber message. A post like this really puts things into perspective. The rest of us are not far behind you. A lifetime is such a brief moment in the vastness of time. It is an honor that we are all able to be alive at the same time and experience this madness together. Godspeed to you on the next leg of your journey. Thank you for posting your goodbye and not just disappearing. Much love and respect. <3
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Bes
Competition Winner
Posts: 1128
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 18 Mar 2024

feel good falk
- Certified Reason expert

User avatar
fullforce
Posts: 849
Joined: 18 Aug 2018

Post 18 Mar 2024

bossa wrote:
18 Mar 2024
Dear forum members,
after all these years I would like to say goodbye to you, because unfortunately I can no longer pursue my beloved music due to a treacherous illness!
I have been using reason since version 1.0 and I still think that Reason is one of the best software on the market. Unfortunately I will not live to see version 13! What a pity!
I would like to thank everyone for the many years of helpfulness and attention and the very friendly interaction with each other! Thanks for the inspiring music in the forum! I really enjoyed the nice little competitions!
I wish you continued pleasure with reason and a good exchange!
your falk (bossa)
Wow that sucks. I wish you all the best.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Chi-Individual
Posts: 400
Joined: 09 Apr 2020

Post 18 Mar 2024

bossa wrote:
18 Mar 2024
Unfortunately I will not live to see version 13! What a pity!
When I tell you this one statement stopped me in my tracks where I had to leave this post, gather myself and come back. My goodness. We all know that the clock will eventually strike zero for all of us but to write it out knowing it’s coming soon. :cry: Salut to you and thank you for being a positive part of this community. May your transition be peaceful.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 3823
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Mar 2024

Remember, the Light keeping us all on the creative path is alive forever.
Most don't see the path, even less are aware a light exists.
Every vibration you've created made the path stronger.

So thank you!
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

User avatar
Floyd42
Posts: 33
Joined: 11 Mar 2023

Post 18 Mar 2024

Gute Reise Falk. Wir folgen.
music will save us

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 3753
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Norway

Post 18 Mar 2024

Chi-Individual wrote:
18 Mar 2024
bossa wrote:
18 Mar 2024
Unfortunately I will not live to see version 13! What a pity!
When I tell you this one statement stopped me in my tracks where I had to leave this post, gather myself and come back. My goodness. We all know that the clock will eventually strike zero for all of us but to write it out knowing it’s coming soon. :cry: Salut to you and thank you for being a positive part of this community. May your transition be peaceful.
Oof. I read it differently than you did and thought it was meant colloquially. Didn't occur to me to take it literally... I hope you're wrong and Falk didn't mean it that way 😱😞🤞

User avatar
mimidancer
Posts: 666
Joined: 30 Sep 2021

Post 18 Mar 2024

A reminder from on high, denatured crispy, and worn
a little heart to remind us that cool days were once warm
passing time marked in imperfection
well-weathered life for our inspection
disheartening to some, but I think not
one chance to live is all we’ve got
so persevere storms and celebrate today
withstand adversity without dismay
look upon what has past
knowing nothing in life was made to last
be thankful today for what you hold dear
ephemeral is life, but you're still here
@mimidancer
00112233.png
I hope you are with people you love and that you make music until your last day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner
Posts: 4228
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 18 Mar 2024

Very sorry to hear that. It's hard to find the right words when reading something like this.
I wish you peace during the time you have left.

User avatar
raveled
Competition Winner
Posts: 87
Joined: 08 Jul 2016

Post 18 Mar 2024

I wish you all the best during your last time.

My apologies if this is out of line, but since I feel “treacherous illness” also can mean something psychiatric, I feel obliged to put up this link:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... -worldwide

Take care.

User avatar
dakta
Posts: 171
Joined: 30 Aug 2021

Post 18 Mar 2024

I don't think we've crossed paths but you can't read a post like this and not speak up.

I have no idea what it must be like but my thoughts are with you and like everyone else wish you the best
My apologies if this is out of line, but since I feel “treacherous illness” also can mean something psychiatric, I feel obliged to put up this link:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basi ... -worldwide
I look forward to the times you/anyone/people can raise this sort of thing without feeling it may risk being out of line, been there more than I'd want to admit and it really can take dialog or interaction than you can do yourself in the moment to pull you out of it

Worker 13
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Mar 2022
Location: East Bay

Post 18 Mar 2024

May you have a peaceful and painless transition.

User avatar
Theo.M
Posts: 1088
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Mar 2024

bossa wrote:
18 Mar 2024
Dear forum members,
after all these years I would like to say goodbye to you, because unfortunately I can no longer pursue my beloved music due to a treacherous illness!
I have been using reason since version 1.0 and I still think that Reason is one of the best software on the market. Unfortunately I will not live to see version 13! What a pity!
I would like to thank everyone for the many years of helpfulness and attention and the very friendly interaction with each other! Thanks for the inspiring music in the forum! I really enjoyed the nice little competitions!
I wish you continued pleasure with reason and a good exchange!
your falk (bossa)
I am a bit lost for words. I'll hope for a miracle first and foremost. I don't know you like the others as I was gone a long time, but please accept my best wishes for whatever the future may hold and that you indeed do see version 13 and are well enough to enjoy it. All the very best to you.

User avatar
Exowildebeest
Posts: 1553
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Mar 2024

Thanks to you, Bossa.

User avatar
BonsaiMacKay
Posts: 123
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: A sane place

Post 18 Mar 2024

I am humbled by your positivity in a moment like this. I can only hope I have half the strength when it is my turn. All I wish for you now is that you surround yourself with your loved ones for the remainder of your ride and make more music, laugh, love and have the best time in the world. Cheers, mate!

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3449
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Mar 2024

Thank you brother. I pray you will be with your closest friends and family in this transition period. Remember> it is not over until you are gone, and even then, we continue on. There is always an opportunity for healing. My prayer is that God will have mercy and heal your infirmary ! God bless you and may He comfort you in this time. Miracles happen every day. I have seen many.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Popey
Competition Winner
Posts: 2080
Joined: 04 Jul 2018

Post 19 Mar 2024

I wish you the best in this bad time. Hope you can spend time with people you love and care.

So sorry to here this.

User avatar
Heigen5
Posts: 1505
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Location: Finland / Suomi

Post 19 Mar 2024

Best wishes to you, - I know what it's having an illness. :(

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 3043
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 19 Mar 2024

Sad to read this.
I thank you very much for your contributions to the community here and wish you all the best whatever there will come along your path. You'll be missed, bossa/Falk.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 9 guests