Bouncing mixer channels with fx

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tree

15 Mar 2024

I've been enjoying using both Stutter Edit and Buffre in my tracks lately. I either use them on the master or on a bus because I want the whole track effected. When bouncing the mixer channels individually I'm having difficulty figuring out how to bounce them down individually with the effect. The master channel doesn't seem like it will work whatsoever. Is there another way? Or am I just bouncing each individually instead of all at once?

Thanks

chimp_spanner

15 Mar 2024

FX returns are not printed into each bounced channel. This is the case in most DAWs (Live being the exception, as it will include every tracks FX return into each stem individually). Your best bet would be to just solo each track in turn and export manually. You can speed this up a bit by creating broad categories and grouping your instruments into them, unless you need/want everything fully split out!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2024

I'm assuming you want to mix this on another daw.

Bouncing mixer channels follows the mixer signal flow, so the only effects you can export with single channels are the inserts.
That's why there are specific export channels for send fx's, the master channel and paralels, and if it is a master effect, it only works at the master bus.

You have 3 options:

1 - Include those effects on the channel insert, with the same settings if possible, then export through the export mixer channels dialog.
2 - Export each channel through the export method, but you have to solo the channel and export as much channels you have.
3 - Export everything isolated trough the mixer channel export, use the 2 effects on the master channel of the daw you have via the Reason Rack plugin.

Cheers,
MC

• Information