Looks like Reason Studios have redesigned their site...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
DaveyG

08 Mar 2024

ambi wrote:
08 Mar 2024
I don't care for the new design, but what worries me is priority support for Reason+ subscribers.

What will be next?
Dark theme only for subscribers?
Service updates only for subscribers?
More than 5kb/s download bandwidth only for subscribers?

Was pointing that out really necessary? I now feel like a 2nd class customer.
That's how all subscriptions go. They need to make perpetual users feel that they are missing out on stuff. It's a dangerous game to play for any company. I'm not sure RS are big enough to play that game in earnest. Interested to see what the live stream brings this weekend...

avasopht
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2024

DaveyG wrote:
08 Mar 2024
ambi wrote:
08 Mar 2024
I don't care for the new design, but what worries me is priority support for Reason+ subscribers.

What will be next?

That's how all subscriptions go. They need to make perpetual users feel that they are missing out on stuff. It's a dangerous game to play for any company. I'm not sure RS are big enough to play that game in earnest. Interested to see what the live stream brings this weekend...
Not really.

Support is not prioritised like that with any other product I own.

I only see prioritised support over free versions, not a product you paid £400 for.

That could discourage subscriptions because people aren't stupid and don't like being coerced.

A subscription requires trust they won't be held hostage.

This marketing message does not build trust.

Billy+

09 Mar 2024

since the update I'm only getting prices in $ not £ anyone else in the U.K. having the same issue ?

madwurmz

09 Mar 2024

Billy+ wrote:
09 Mar 2024
since the update I'm only getting prices in $ not £ anyone else in the U.K. having the same issue ?
probably unnecessary to say but you need to login to view your currency.

On that topic, I notice they ask 99 dollar for AMALGAM, but when I login it's 109 euro, that's some expensive exchange rate! ( 100 USD = 91,40 Euro)

I like the redesign, refreshing and modern, but on the login menu the pixel font is a bit too small, and doesn't match the design compared to the menu in the rack shop.
that makes it reasonable to think they are still re-designing the rack shop, because that part is currently hidden and design is left behind.
madwurmz from planet verbs

parma

09 Mar 2024

DaveyG wrote:
08 Mar 2024
ambi wrote:
08 Mar 2024

What will be next?

For what it's worth, I'm a perpetual owner and have been having regular contact with support for the past month and I'd consider it a good/timely experience (even if it looks like my problem will ultimately go unsolved).

jjpscott01

09 Mar 2024

I actually love the new website. I'm a web designer for what its worth but this site is much quicker, laid out nicer, and looks much more responsive than the previous version.
Last edited by jjpscott01 on 10 Mar 2024, edited 1 time in total.
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

Loque

10 Mar 2024

Merged
Reason12, Win10

jjpscott01

10 Mar 2024

Loque wrote:
10 Mar 2024
Merged
Thank you my friend
| REASON 12 | BITWIG 4 | SAMPLITUDE PRO X5 | BALANCE | AUDIENT ID4 | ERIS E5 MONITORS | ESP LTD TE-212 | MXL MICS | LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO II | NEKTAR T4 |[/color] :reason: :re: :PUF_balance: :refill:

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2024

jjpscott01 wrote:
09 Mar 2024
I actually love the new website. I'm a web designer for what its worth but this site is much quicker, laid out nicer, and looks much more responsive than the previous version.
I just went to the new site, was there looking to see read about had changed with the newest update. Couldn’t find it with the new site layout, so figured I’d just search for it.
But where is SEARCH? THERE it is! Nope, that’s to sign up for the mailing list.
I would normally just check for stuff like this under “Downloads”…but that’s not an option anywhere I can find on the current site. What about support, documentation,? Nowhere to be found.
Finally found it under “Help/Support/Promoted Articles/“Reason 12.7.4 released”.
So at least in the one case, not quicker, nicer, or more responsive than the previous version for me. But in fairness, now that I know the new layout it will go a bit quicker next time!
Selig Audio, LLC

xbitz

10 Mar 2024

^^^ but it no need new site, release notes is still here https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ease-notes
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

rorystorm

10 Mar 2024

personally I quite like the look of it in a kind of late 90s Prodigy ripoff album art cover kind of way. But I hate that video, had to scroll down immediate but still it's given me a small migraine. Site is still as slow af for me as well.

Oh well, can't please all the people all the time.

rorystorm

10 Mar 2024

No, I lie, I know exactly what it looks like, the panel on a Hydrasynth which colour scheme wise is a copy of the Arp 2600.

moneykube

10 Mar 2024

selig wrote:
10 Mar 2024
jjpscott01 wrote:
09 Mar 2024
I just went to the new site, was there looking to see read about had changed with the newest update. Couldn’t find it with the new site layout, so figured I’d just search for it.
But where is SEARCH? THERE it is! Nope, that’s to sign up for the mailing list.
I would normally just check for stuff like this under “Downloads”…but that’s not an option anywhere I can find on the current site. What about support, documentation,? Nowhere to be found.
Finally found it under “Help/Support/Promoted Articles/“Reason 12.7.4 released”.
So at least in the one case, not quicker, nicer, or more responsive than the previous version for me. But in fairness, now that I know the new layout it will go a bit quicker next time!
yes indeed... it took me awhile to find the new locations I was used to checking> in this new web page set up.
Eventually found them. I'll get used to it at some point, if I remember where I went to find what I was looking for. :?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information