Looks like Reason Studios have redesigned their site...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2024

Not really a fan of the new look myself, but that’s ok. I understand they want to attract more young people. Maybe this is one way to do it.

I’m glad the shop/rack extension page still looks ”clean” at least. That’s the page I care about. I guess rack extensions are called ”add-ons” nowadays.

buddard
RE Developer

05 Mar 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Mar 2024
I guess rack extensions are called ”add-ons” nowadays.
Add-ons = Rack Extensions and ReFills.
Rack Extensions are still Rack Extensions. :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2024

buddard wrote:
05 Mar 2024
TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Mar 2024
I guess rack extensions are called ”add-ons” nowadays.
Add-ons = Rack Extensions and ReFills.
Rack Extensions are still Rack Extensions. :puf_smile:
Alright, didn’t know that.

dusan.cani

05 Mar 2024

Who is deleting posts with opinions that criticize the new website ? Two of my posts were censored / deleted in this thread.

Tinnitus

05 Mar 2024

Ok interesting changes. I liked its look before the change, but appreciate the need for a refresh. The target is the 20 something market these days, i.e. new income streams.

From a design perspective, you can't see the white text on the home page menu ( why wouldn't they put a black bar behind?).
The cutting of the background video is too jerky and quick. I dare anyone to watch it for 1 minute without getting a headache.

So I applaud their efforts, but I can't help but feel they need to learn the lesson of wiggle CRC who redesigned their website, which speculatively contributed in a small part to their downfall ( thankfully the music industry is more healthy than the cycling industry).

What I would like to see is a tweak to the background video, longer sections between cuts ( less tiktok) and continue the high contrast as found on the news page.

I echo the comments on the shop page surviving the refresh.

selig
RE Developer

05 Mar 2024

dusan.cani wrote:
05 Mar 2024
Who is deleting posts with opinions that criticize the new website ? Two of my posts were censored / deleted in this thread.
I see one other post by you but no deleted posts - are you sure it was in this thread?
Selig Audio, LLC

tewoc

05 Mar 2024

I dont like new site, too. Feels too hip and fancy in my opinion. Somehow I feel disturbed after my short visit. RS needs a more serious DAW marketing, product management and engineering for years I think. Not too serious, but more serious. It doesnt catch me as an old fanboy, it pushes me away somehow.

My opinion.

dusan.cani

05 Mar 2024

selig wrote:
05 Mar 2024
dusan.cani wrote:
05 Mar 2024
I see one other post by you but no deleted posts - are you sure it was in this thread?
Yes, I am sure, but never mind...maybe it just mysteriously disappeared somehow.

challism

05 Mar 2024

I don't really care about the website other than hoping it helps them attract more customers so they can stay in business and keep improving the DAW and releasing great products.

dusan.cani wrote:
05 Mar 2024
Rest assured that none of the mods will ever delete your post as long as you don't violate the rules. Criticizing is not against the rules. Feel free to criticize. Are you sure your post actually got posted? Sometimes you have to submit again if there were comments made that you didn't read while you were busy writing a post. That's happened to me many times. I thought I had posted something, and then it turned out it didn't; it reloaded the post page instead.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

benjified

05 Mar 2024

dusan.cani wrote:
04 Mar 2024
---
This button takes nearly entire browser window space on the desktop. It seems the new website shouldn't be visited on the desktop browsers anymore.

button2.PNG

Reason Studios Big Ass Button.jpg
Reason Studios Big Ass Button.jpg (250.74 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
*Australian accent "You call that button? Now this is a button!"

RandomSkratch

05 Mar 2024

If you're trying to attract more users to your product by changing your website while keeping your product the same, I'd say you're doing it wrong.

Aosta

05 Mar 2024

I really don't get why the site now seems designed for mobiles when the software is exclusively desktop and why it is so amateur that users have to point out mistakes missed by the people who actually designed it and yet again I have to say after another look that absolutely brain hurting jump cut shaky video just makes me want to nope out of the page immediately.
Maybe a simple user poll for feedback would give an idea of customer's thoughts?
Tend the flame

Quarmat
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2024

As a graphic designer by trade I like RS new look. I love the big fonts, compressed and extended grotesk fonts are in fashion now and overall i like the in your face mood. Aggressive. Kudos to the designer and to the board who approved it.
deeplink wrote:
04 Mar 2024
... also three sometimes four different fonts on the same page? Sacrilege.
I'm with you, i would have ditched the pixelated font, which is cool on its own, but its is unnecessary with the current design. Also the body font could be more helvetica-ish to match the big display fonts. Nevertheless i welcome this new look.

QVprod

05 Mar 2024

Haven’t looked at it on desktop just yet. But that’s kind of the point I think. Most people in this day and age browse the internet with their phone. Particularly younger people.

Those of us who’ve been doing this for a while, you get to realize at some point you’re not the primary target audience for everything anymore because you’re the least likely to spend money. Makes sense that the marketing would be aimed at people who are more likely to spend money.

parma

05 Mar 2024

I kinda like it? I mean, it features the DAW side of Reason right there on the front page which is great to see! It's definitely more interesting than whatever was there before. It's "loud" but not everyone can do the minimal/clinical Ableton thing.

dmitrijsorokin

06 Mar 2024

Huge useless home page and fonts.
The main font design does not match the section fonts.
How will you sell Reason and RE when you don't have a store link.
However, on the main page there is a link to the very outdated Recycle software.

Used to be a really user-friendly site. Everything is on one page, you don’t have to search for anything, it’s simple and clear.

2005.gif
2005.gif (71.65 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

parma

06 Mar 2024

Lol the average age of this forum's users must be like 50. I'm 46 so I can poke fun. We are not the demographic *any* company is targeting. It's no wonder RS barely chimes in on this forum anymore. Everything is a whine-fest

xbitz

06 Mar 2024

let me help, this would be the best design
:reason: Reason - Let Me Entertain You

Transform Your DAW with VST3 in Reason Rack Plugin

🚀 Introducing VST3 Support for Reason Rack Plugin: Elevate your music production experience by integrating the power of VST3 plugins directly into the unique environment of Reason Rack Plugin. Open up a world where creativity knows no bounds.

🔌 Flawless Integration, Limitless Possibilities: Insert VST3 plugins effortlessly into your Reason Rack, blending them with Reason's legendary instruments and effects. Enjoy a smooth, stable experience that lets your creativity flow uninterrupted.

💡 Explore New Dimensions of Sound Design: Leverage the advanced features of VST3—such as sample-accurate automation and more efficient processing—to push the boundaries of sound design. With Reason Rack Plugin, your sound palette is broader and more versatile than ever.

🎵 Expand Your Creative Horizon: Dive into an expansive universe of sounds with VST3 support. Whether it's the latest synths, dynamic effects, or groundbreaking instruments, the Reason Rack Plugin with VST3 compatibility opens the door to infinite sonic exploration.

🌐 A Leap Forward in Music Production: By combining the intuitive workflow of Reason Rack Plugin with the innovative capabilities of VST3 plugins, you're equipped to stay ahead in the fast-evolving world of music production. Be at the forefront, shaping the sounds of tomorrow.

🎉 Exclusive Launch Promotion: Celebrate the arrival of VST3 support with special plugin bundles, available for a limited time. Enhance your productions with a handpicked selection of VST3 plugins, curated to complement the Reason Rack Plugin perfectly.

👉 Discover the Future of Sound: Visit our website to explore how VST3 integration transforms the Reason Rack Plugin into an even more powerful hub for music production. Don't miss this evolution - your studio is about to get a major upgrade.

But Wait, There's More! ... Unleash Full Creativity with Reason 13 Enhanced Sequencer

🌟 Reason 13's Revolutionary Update: Experience the pinnacle of music production with Reason 13 this is where innovation real meets intuition, elevating your music creation journey to unprecedented heights.

and we can hear you, this eagerly anticipated feature is set to redefine your production workflow, making it smoother and more intuitive than ever.

🎹 Never Miss a Beat with MIDI Note Chasing: Ever been frustrated by missed notes when starting playback mid-way through a long note? With MIDI Note Chasing, Reason 13 now plays back any sustaining MIDI notes regardless of where your playback starts. This means seamless, continuous sound for a more fluid and expressive music creation experience.

nah, the design is good, no matter what, isn't it? :puf_smile:
Last edited by xbitz on 06 Mar 2024, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: :recycle: :re: :record: :refill: :rt:

DaveyG

06 Mar 2024

I think it all went wrong the day they stopped selling "Street Jackets" or, as we might call them in the UK, jackets. ;p

_andreypetr_

06 Mar 2024

Looks like Noise Engineering has taken over Reason Studios.

Tiny Montgomery

06 Mar 2024

Everyone still having a normal one on here I see.

Neo

06 Mar 2024

tomusurp wrote:
04 Mar 2024
Honestly I think Reason has the worst marketing ever, but it's the best DAW. Their first big mistake if you look at the "discover" page "Reason is a plugin and a DAW". It should read Reason is a DAW and a plugin. Because you don't take a such a damn good software and call it a plugin FIRST. It's a total insult to the community and the people who built it.
+1

Not really feeling the new design, especially that bold font choice and sizing.
For reference i prefer page layouts, font choice and sizing similar to those like on https://www.attackmagazine.com/
(Not that my opinion matters)
Anyway.. Bring on whatever DAW updates are coming to RS.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

kitekrazy

06 Mar 2024

So is this design more for people who use their phone? I never use a phone for the web.

selig
RE Developer

06 Mar 2024

parma wrote:
06 Mar 2024
Lol the average age of this forum's users must be like 50. I'm 46 so I can poke fun. We are not the demographic *any* company is targeting. It's no wonder RS barely chimes in on this forum anymore. Everything is a whine-fest
I'm not so sure - this is the age that allows expensive hobbies and many folks in the age range are spending WAY more than the 20-somethings could ever afford to spend on audio gear.
But wait, is the reason they don't chime in because of our collective age or our whine-fest? Or are they the on-in-the-same?!? ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

06 Mar 2024

Prepares for punch out by taking off Reason street jacket. 🥊
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information